O-visa (multiple) advise

If you are married to, or the parent of, a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension, as long as you haven't had one already since your last entry to the country.

Otherwise, only a 1 year extension would be available.

She is having an extension of stay valid to 9th, so what is the problem really, no need to do any border runs until after that.. Or anything for that matter....

Or have I missunderstood something here..  I didn´t know that you could get an extension actually longer than the VISA in question,,, strange

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

31 minutes ago, thaisabai said:

My O visa expires on 2nd June.

If it is your multiple entry non-o visa that is expiring (enter before date on the visa) you can get a new entry on or before the 2nd of June.

31 minutes ago, thaisabai said:

y extension of stay expires on the 9th of June.

Why type of extension do you have? 

6 minutes ago, glegolo said:

She is having an extension of stay valid to 9th, so what is the problem really, no need to do any border runs until after that.. Or anything for that matter....

Or have I missunderstood something here..  I didn´t know that you could get an extension actually longer than the VISA in question,,, strange

Glegolo

glegolo

my plan is to stay to the end of June instead of leaving on the 9th.

about the extension longer than the validity, yes that is correct.

actually if your O visa expires on the 2nd June, I could go for another border run on the 1st June and get another 90 days extension of stay !

thaisabai

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If it is your multiple entry non-o visa that is expiring (enter before date on the visa) you can get a new entry on or before the 2nd of June.

Why type of extension do you have? 

thanks Ubonjoe

I had a 90 days extension which expires on 9th of June, however, the non O visa expires on 2nd June. Yes I know, I could go to the border and get another 90 days before or on 2nd June, but this is what I want to avoid.

thaisabai

13 minutes ago, thaisabai said:

I had a 90 days extension which expires on 9th of June, however, the non O visa expires on 2nd June. Yes I know, I could go to the border and get another 90 days before or on 2nd June, but this is what I want to avoid.

You got new 90 day entry not an extension.

You could apply for the 60 day extension fo visit your spouse at immigration.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You got new 90 day entry not an extension.

You could apply for the 60 day extension fo visit your spouse at immigration.

I could apply for the 60 days extension, the immigration is not aware that I and the  wife  have  separated is it good  enough if I show  at application day the  Tabian Baan and signed ID card

I am not applying for a married visa

You mentioned  a 60 day extension in one of your posts please  refesh and post it again seems to have disappeared

9 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

I could apply for the 60 days extension, the immigration is not aware that I and the  wife  have  separated is it good  enough if I show  at application day the  Tabian Baan and signed ID card

I am not applying for a married visa

You mentioned  a 60 day extension in one of your posts please  refesh and post it again seems to have disappeared

They will usually only issue a 60 day extension if your wife is with you at the immigration office.

I have a similar issue to the OP but with a variation.

Currently have a multiple non-O visa (family) which expired March 17th 2017.

I went to Masae border on March 16th and did and exit and walk back in and was given 90 days no questions.

That stay expires June 13th 2017.

I was intending to fly back to Australia to renew but that's now not possible for a month or two.

What options do I have to extend stay without leaving the country?

I assume that if I did another Masae walk out - walk in trip that I'd only get 15 days and not 30. Is that correct?

For  immediate time being cannot show proof of funds including any 20k bht (not that that has ever been requested before)

Thanks in advance for any input and clarification.

6 minutes ago, petgunya said:

What options do I have to extend stay without leaving the country?

You can get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife or child. They would have to be with you when you apply.

If married to a Thai you don't have to go to Australia to get a new visa. You can apply for it at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

Thanks Ubon Joe,

that's very useful information.

Yes I am married to a Thai and we have 3 Thai born children.

The 60 day extension would cost B1,900,.. is that correct? And are they likely to require seeing any proof of cash on hand or funds at Chiangmai office?

Can you confirm that the border walk-in stay limit is currently 15  days or has it reverted back to 30?

7 minutes ago, petgunya said:

The 60 day extension would cost B1,900,.. is that correct? And are they likely to require seeing any proof of cash on hand or funds at Chiangmai office?

Can you confirm that the border walk-in stay limit is currently 15  days or has it reverted back to 30?

The 60 day extension requires no financial proof. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. The fee is 1900 baht.

It is 30 days now. The 15 day rule was rescinded on January 1st when the 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at land border crossing went into effect.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:44 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife or child. They would have to be with you when you apply.

If married to a Thai you don't have to go to Australia to get a new visa. You can apply for it at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

Does the Thai immigration in Savannaketh need proof  of  residency?

I still have the yellow Tabian Baan  from  my residency in Chiang Rai, can I update ( check the validity) of my yellow Tabian Baan  in any  Petchabaan office?

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day extension requires no financial proof. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. The fee is 1900 baht.

It is 30 days now. The 15 day rule was rescinded on January 1st when the 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year at land border crossing went into effect.

can I do the 60 days extension at the Chaeng Wattana Immigration office without proof of residency? Showing the marriage  certificate /original ,copy of  wifes house book  registry and copy of  wifes ID card=signed. Can I  then apply for a second time  for 60  days if needed?

I still have  the  Yellow Tabian Baan and  residency in Chiang Rai.

24 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

can I do the 60 days extension at the Chaeng Wattana Immigration office without proof of residency? Showing the marriage  certificate /original ,copy of  wifes house book  registry and copy of  wifes ID card=signed. Can I  then apply for a second time  for 60  days if needed?

no, you need to have your wife with you

28 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

For the 60-day extension, your wife must accompany you to the immigration office. You can only get a single 60-day extension per entry into Thailand.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:44 AM, ubonjoe said:

how is the usual  route to go to Savannaketh?

Edited by kraxlhuber

44 minutes ago, Mattd said:

@BritTim is it one per entry or once only? 

Each time you leave Thailand and are allowed enter Thailand again, at the end of your permission to stay, you are entitled to a one time 60-day extension to visit your Thai spouse. This is true even for a visa exempt entry.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Each time you leave Thailand and are allowed enter Thailand again, at the end of your permission to stay, you are entitled to a one time 60-day extension to visit your Thai spouse. This is true even for a visa exempt entry.

OK, thanks, then that answers a previous post by another member in another topic, thought this was the case, just wasn't sure.

3 hours ago, Mattd said:

OK, thanks, then that answers a previous post by another member in another topic, thought this was the case, just wasn't sure.

I am  at war-footing with my  spouse, I  want to visit my children again, does  their birth certificates  in Thai (copy) and their ID cards suffice to get a child visiting visa   for 60 days,

has my wife to consent?

16 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

I am  at war-footing with my  spouse, I  want to visit my children again, does  their birth certificates  in Thai (copy) and their ID cards suffice to get a child visiting visa   for 60 days,

has my wife to consent?

Your wife doesn't need to give consent, but they will almost certainly only issue the extension of stay (not a visa) with an original copy of a birth certificate, and if one of your children is with you at immigration when you apply.

17 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

has my wife to consent?

You will need a copy of your child's house book registry and ID card. They should accept only a copy for the birth certificate.

Your wife does not need to give consent.