What are the lightest brand of Thai cigarettes?

AaronC76

Mevius (formerly Mild Seven) Wind Blue are pretty light on the lungs.

Confusingly they come in a sky/powder blue pack - not to be confused with the slightly stronger Mevius Sky Blue - which comes in the darker blue pack. The marketing team must have been drunk that day. ?

From experience, Mevius are available in many mom & pops and all modern retailers. 

Unfortunately the term "light" can mean light on nicotine, light on tar, or light on price. A step backwards to remove the nicotine/tar levels from packs, makes it hard to make an informed choice.

Just get some nicotine gum at the pharmacy.  No smell or stained fingers or tar. Don't get the cheap Thai version as it sticks to your teeth. Also good on long air flights.

3 hours ago, Beats56 said:

Just get some nicotine gum at the pharmacy.  No smell or stained fingers or tar. Don't get the cheap Thai version as it sticks to your teeth. Also good on long air flights.

They actually sell nicotine gum in Thailand?? I didn't realize.

Low tar/normal tar/Low nicotine/ makes no diffrence in the end they will all kill you slowly and painfully. (Writen by a husband who lost his wife to Lung Cancer due to smoking) is it worth it!! NO

3 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Low tar/normal tar/Low nicotine/ makes no diffrence in the end they will all kill you slowly and painfully. (Writen by a husband who lost his wife to Lung Cancer due to smoking) is it worth it!! NO

Think we know that but thanks for your thought....

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Sorry for your loss, but as the moderator so eloquently put it... "There has been a question asked. Answer it or go elsewhere."

30 minutes ago, AaronC76 said:

Sorry for your loss, but as the moderator so eloquently put it... "There has been a question asked. Answer it or go elsewhere."

Whatever why dont you try those vapour things read a report 70% sucsess rate. Can buy them all over

47 minutes ago, grollies said:

Begs the question ''why start the <deleted> topic then?"

19 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Well said

...as the moderator so eloquently put it... "There has been a question asked. Answer it or go elsewhere."

Thai cigarettes do not have advice on the packets about tar and nicoteen levels etc. I was sat with a friend who was smoking and was curious and he couldn't answer the question. Also if I want to take cigarettes back for friends in the UK I'd rather not give them a brand that was too harsh for them to smoke.

...as the moderator so eloquently put it... "There has been a question asked. Answer it or go elsewhere."

1 hour ago, AaronC76 said:

Thai cigarettes do not have advice on the packets about tar and nicoteen levels etc. I was sat with a friend who was smoking and was curious and he couldn't answer the question. Also if I want to take cigarettes back for friends in the UK I'd rather not give them a brand that was too harsh for them to smoke.

Fair enough

6 hours ago, transam said:

There is a brand called "Line"...They do a slimline and a regular width ciggy...I like the slimline at 40bht...

I smoke Winston Blue regular and they are ฿87, which I changed to from Marlboro Lites after the last price hike, the two are similar.

How do Line compare to them in taste and strength?

Boots pharmacy sells Nicotnel 2mg mint gum in packs of 24 and 96. But not cheap. In Wang Lang in BKK, the large wholesale pharmacies eg. Diamond, are more than 30% cheaper than retail.. A smooth light cigarette is Winston Blue, soft and hard pack 70 and 87 baht at 7/11, imported from Malaysia..

I'm on the gum now, as I've been trying to quit...  

This tread is not about health risks, a specific question was asked, and anti smokers and never-been-smokers cannot answer it.

Please go play elsewhere.

My aunt smoked cigarettes from the age of 16 (maybe less) and was still smoking when she died peacefully, comfortably and happy at 93 of  "natural causes due to age".

My mother never smoked anything in her life and died a miserable old woman at 92 of a stroke.

Anyone suggesting "Vape" electric ciggies should remember they are illegal in Thailand.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback