English teacher "wais" and says sorry for attacking a primary school student - but now faces immigration enquiry.

rooster59

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Actually he looks like a bus mechanic I met in a pub in Accrington.

Labeling, labeling... always the labeling.

funny that

he looks like a teacher  I once knew

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

Face looks like an alchoholic or another illegal substance user better check his urine.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Another member of the "lazy typists" brigade. What does ADHD stand for?

Oh possum not a lazy typist but it's such a long name and the short version is used in Education and medicine. Just for you ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or naughty little s**ts as my wife used to say!!!

More crap Farlangs here on a pretence.

This is probably the tip of the iceberg. How many more Farlang teachers are in Thailand that do not qualify for the job? How can this man be legally staying in Thailand if  working at a job he is not qualified to undertake.

Well done the immigration officer for exposing this creep as who knows what is his background. Could be a paedophile, have a criminal record or anything. 

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

In my teaching experience of three years, one in Mattayom school, and the other two in a Prathom one. I would say that only a small minority of boys wanted to learn while the majority of girls did.

Same all around the world ....lazy boys....

I did a stretch in a local school which had fired a fully qualified teacher for doing something like this.

There were some kids I found very difficult to control, but only about 3 out of about 200 and when I left they were all sad. Controlling children in a class room requires a bit of creativity, and although I am not an experienced teacher, we accomplished more by having fun with the lessons than be me being a bully.

What a terrible example of one's lack of behavioural resources. As someone pointed out, it is common assault and a criminal act and anyway, who likes a bully, especially one in a position of authority and who is twice the size. What a deplorable example to set. I agree with those that suggest punishment. EG a short jail term, deportation and a permanent ban on visiting the country. That would send a message to bullies like this.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Do you have a problem with that?

My, aren't we touchy? No, I was suggesting that girls seem to have more desire to learn English than boys--at least that is the opinion of the English teachers I know here--my wife, my son, my brother- and sister-in-law, two nieces, and several acquaintances. 

6 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

ah

google is your friend

Didn't need google. 

Some of us actually still value knowing things for ourselves. 

Especially  information concerning our profession. 

How bizarre eh...

Edited by Bluespunk

11 minutes ago, saplaieelee said:

jaltsc has his opinion and I have mine. My opinion comes from 30 years of teaching experience in both the US and Thailand. - if what was reported did happen he put his hands on on a child not his own and kicked him, he would be in extremely serious trouble in the US, that would begin with his license being revoked. He just opened himself up to being put in a thai jail and I would support that decision assuming the allegations are true. Jaltsc focusing on waiing is nothing less than insensitive jaltsc what if that was your child?

Just posted my intial reaction to jaltsc post. The only post I read on this thread. I'd like to add that likely there were extenuating circumstances to this teacher's actions. Maybe this "corporal punishment" was common by the other thai teachers at his school. Also the covreup by the director. Maybe this is common practice to hide the corporal punishment of of any of his teachers, maybe the director applies corporal punishment. Regardless, my feelings which is backed by my long teaching history is that the day a cannot control my frustrations with student non compliance and I have an urge to act out physically disciplining a student is the day my teaching career ends. I have taught physically abused children, i have taught seriously emotionally disturbed children i have taught gang members, never did I give in to the urge. My job has always been to support the children by helping them cope, by role modeling proper ways to behave, etc. i also have never hesitated to talk with and support  colleagues who i have seen come close to loose it with their students.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Didn't need google. 

Some of us actually still value knowing stuff. 

Especislly stuff concerning our profession. 

Sigh. 

well done

have a star

go to the top of the class

it was just you answered by posing a question

1 minute ago, AGareth2 said:

well done

have a star

go to the top of the class

it was just you answered by posing a question

Yes? 

And the problem with that is?

Have you heard of rhetorical questions? 

Edited by Bluespunk

10 minutes ago, smotherb said:

My, aren't we touchy? No, I was suggesting that girls seem to have more desire to learn English than boys--at least that is the opinion of the English teachers I know here--my wife, my son, my brother- and sister-in-law, two nieces, and several acquaintances. 

We are in agreement then, but your post gave the impression that you were maybe complaining about my English, probably the spelling as the words "Mattayom" and

"Prathom" are sometimes spelt differently.

20 minutes ago, Grauwulf said:

Oh possum not a lazy typist but it's such a long name and the short version is used in Education and medicine. Just for you ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or naughty little s**ts as my wife used to say!!!

It is still lazy typing.