Suspension of internet contract

bazza73

Hi all,

I have a monthly basic contract with 3BB for internet connection. I'll be going back to Australia for 1-2 months. Am I able to suspend the contract ( i.e. not pay ) while I'm away?

I tried that last year no joy so i just cancelled the whole thing (had finished the year contract by then and was on a rolling month to month). Called there head office but they said it was not possible.

Edited by jeab1980

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

You can absolutely do it for True, I've done it many times. 1st month free then each month after that you pay 150 baht per month during the month's that are on hold.

But this is about 3bb a completley diffrent monster

I tried that last year no joy so i just cancelled the whole thing (had finished the year contract by then and was on a rolling month to month). Called there head office but they said it was not possible.

You will need to start a new contract. You may try ais, they gave me 50% off for first 6 months switching from true.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, shady86 said:

You will need to start a new contract. You may try ais, they gave me 50% off for first 6 months switching from true.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks no didnt need to start new contract just went back into store 3bb showed then old contract number said i want internet back but on a monthly basis guy in store very helpfull gave me same as before no yearly contract so was happy. Tried True and Ais over the years 3bb look after me and its very stable here where i live so i stick to them. (Would have done even if i had to sign a new year contract truth be told but one has to try first on this occadion it worked lol)

Thank you people for the responses. I'll have a chat with my 3BB branch where I initiated the connection, and see if my Thai GF can persuade them. My Thai is reasonable, but not good enough for the more complex stuff.:smile:

Good luck with this. Don't fall for them telling you to claim when you retyrn. Take passport and flight details and insist they do it before you go, byt expect hassles.

On 6/4/2017 at 10:13 AM, phuketrichard said:

why not call and ask them???

surely better to get a response from the horses mouth than from here..

So true.  This is getting ridiculous, especially after the post last week asking where to buy razor blades.  GMAFB.

On 6/5/2017 at 3:42 PM, ThaiWai said:

So true.  This is getting ridiculous, especially after the post last week asking where to buy razor blades.  GMAFB.

I'm looking for other people's experience on the subject. No-one is twisting your arm to stay on the thread if you don't like it.

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

Update - I wanted the contract suspended after June 14. So what have they done? On the morning of June 13, no internet. Ah well, TIT.

Well at lesst you got them to do it i had no luck with them. Cancelled in the end and set up new when i returned. They still sent out a line team to put new line in even though we already had one in. Got them to put it in shop. They connected both lines. To same conection at least i have a good wifi system around house and land.

Edited by jeab1980