Living In A Moo Baan (Residential Village)

jingjo01

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, lanng khao said:

I know of a contractor who predominantly builds in rayong, moo baan villa type properties, I've had correspondence with him myself. They charge between 40/50 thousand a year for the upkeep of their villages, it's what's put me off looking further into it.

Not an unusual figure for an average property in an average to upper gated community.

13 hours ago, JJJIIIMMM said:

A mate of mine lives in a gated community here in hua hin.  He has to pay 75,000 baht a year (in a one off payment too). Plus his electric and water are charged to him at top rates.

Makes it hard to sell the house if he wants to.  On the chanote there are no public roads adjacent to his land, as the developer owns the roads, so if he were to stop paying, the developer could stop him having access to his land i think.

Unusual that the electric and water are not direct to the govt. Not heard that mentioned before for houses.

Owner's pool and garden maintenance where I am are organised and paid separately by owners. I must see at least 4/5 different pool cleaning services on a regular basis.

If OP has not seen this thread https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/986164-estate-gate-security/ have a look at Guderiens post on the charges from a small developer he mentions.......

On 05/06/2017 at 0:30 PM, Naam said:

spoken like a true ignorant living in a rented studio apartment and having no idea what "gated community" means :laugh:

Keep your knickers on big fella, no need to fly off the handle.... I don't rent anything and never would. Up to you how you choose to live, just saying it's not for me living in an area like that where you feel the need to be protected.

If your ever up in Isaan feel free to pop in and drink a cool beer and I will show you what it's like to live in Thailand and be truly free....................Hang on, forgot the silly face.......:passifier:

2 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

Keep your knickers on big fella, no need to fly off the handle.... I don't rent anything and never would. Up to you how you choose to live, just saying it's not for me living in an area like that where you feel the need to be protected.

If your ever up in Isaan feel free to pop in and drink a cool beer and I will show you what it's like to live in Thailand and be truly free....................Hang on, forgot the silly face.......:passifier:

Where about in Issan and I will pop in for a free cold beer if he can't.

3 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

If your ever up in Isaan feel free to pop in and drink a cool beer and I will show you what it's like to live in Thailand and be truly free...

i don't live in Thailand. i live in our home which for specific reasons happens to be located in Thailand. but i visit Thailand usually once a week, nowadays sometimes even twice, when driving through the gate of our moo baan. it is always interesting to sip a coffee and watch natives and foreigners interacting. it reminds me somehow of the time when i was a 10year old boy watching insects, especially ants.

29 minutes ago, Naam said:

i take it that the door to your home is always open and never locked.

Correct never locked dont need to. Always open to Friends  and not a security gaurd in sight. Apart from ----------

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Correct never locked dont need to. Always open to Friends  and not a security gaurd in sight. Apart from ----------

and what makes you think the gates in a gated moo baan are locked? you saw that in a science fiction movie?

4 minutes ago, Naam said:

and what makes you think the gates in a gated moo baan are locked? you saw that in a science fiction movie?

I answered you question i never said anything was locked if your going to try having a dig, get your facts straight to start with just makes you look even sillier.

Let me quote you your question "i take it that the door to your home is always open and never locked"

i mearly answered it. Oh dear getting a bit confused are we.

Edited by jeab1980