Hunt on for farang showman "flouting the Thai driving law"

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This clickathon has attracted a suspicious number of new posters...?

I'm flogging tickets for the outrage bus up and over Nation hill hoping to find drivers who know how the lanes are supposed to be used. I hope to have caught one on dashcam ... by Christmas!

flaunt Thai driving laws? pray tell me what laws? you mean driving on the wrong side of the road? running red lights as though they do not exit? M/C's driving against traffic,? driving on side walks? parking in the middle of the street to go shoppings?

what thai driving laws?

On 6/5/2017 at 10:10 AM, lamecn said:

Isn't this common practice when you learn to drive a motorcycle with a sidecar, before you can get a license for this kind of vehicle?

That is true. I have a three-wheel license and part of the training is to fly the sidecar (see video below). It is both safe and fun. The sidecar can easily fly on its own if you take a turn too tightly to the sidecar side and the only danger is if you let it freak you out.

Whomever is looking for this guy obviously knows nothing of sidecar motorcycles.

The only "danger" would be if other drivers freak out and stop paying attention to what they're doing, making themselves the danger.

Flying_the_Sidecar.MOV

They said that many suggested that the foreigner was probably a person who had been in Thailand a long time and thought he could just flout the law without getting into trouble.

Wherever did he get that idea?

It's not April the 1st so I assume this is serious. Every day we see Thai boys speeding in heavy foot traffic areas, driving with no helmets, school kids doing wheelies, Bikes laden with 4,5,6 people, driving while talking on the phone, driving motorbikes with hand barrows tied to the back with rope, driving on the pavement, driving on the wrong side of the road at speeds in excess of 80km/h, pulling out of side roads without looking, overtaking in dangerous places, bikes without lights, bikes without number plates, and all ignored by the B.I.B and thais in general (its just everyday normal). But a Farang does something and the whole of social media lights up? Rank hypocrisy.

My farm truck is the best thing I have had built in Thailand.  Used to get farm supplies, go to the market or haul camera gear around our hobby farm near P-lok. It was built from our old Honda and a B3000 2nd hand sidecar.  Took some elbow grease, paint and numerous modifications but now we are good to go. There is the usual insurance for the motorcycle, but after years of living here, it is what it is. To scared to travel the main roads. And it takes some practice to learn how to drive one. Many of our Thai workers do not know how it operates.

The goal is to keep all three wheels on the ground. For more about sidecars in Thailand, visit my profile.

GEO_0469.JPG

Edited by missoura