Bringing Thai GF to Canada on Student Visa

Hey guys, I have a Thai GF in her mid 20s, currently working a government job (decent salary compared to Thai average). She's looking to quit her job to come out to Canada to study. She's looking to do a year or two in an English class before entering a real university to study computer science.

has anyone done this before? Is this possible? If yes, what requirements will have to be met? Is it better for her to include the fact that she has a BF here? I don't want them to question her purpose here as she is genuinely looking to study.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Edited by meer93

Friends of mine who have gone through the school in the USA explained it is long and lengthy process,  you need to be accepted first into a major your university, thus her English must pass the standards first...which is the major issue, check the requirements for the score.   Then there is the interview with the Embassy and they will discourage her to study abroad, next there is the matter of having the required funds available.  If she is working for the GOVT... perhaps there is a scholarship route she can take.

As far as letting the Embassy know she has a boyfriend mixed reactions.. some will say yes, and then there is the watchful eye of the Embassy to make sure all is rip roy with your GF... and they can be rude about her intention for going to Canada...it is part of the process.

Good luck.

Thanks for the answers guys. All of that is fine, she definitely has more than needed financially speaking for the education and cost of living here for more than a year. Her English is also at a decent level and I'm sure she'd fair well on the exam.

How much time would this process all take her?

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone give me a rough estimation on the timeframe?

also, would like to hear more opinions on whether or not it's a good idea to mention that she has a BF in Canada in her application.

thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...