Rude Britannia: Mysterious effigy of UK PM May says 'up yours' to Europe

webfact

16 hours ago, pegman said:

Uncle Joe won the war over Hitler nearly single handedly while Winston preferred to make speeches than fight. F.D.R. finally put an end to Churchill's nonsense  and opened a western front to ease the pressure on the Soviets. 

The  western front was only able to be made after the Southern front in Nth Africa. All westerners know about Russian battles and history. Why is it that no Russians know the full history?

It is ok, you keep on with your parades and propaganda. Putin will love you for it

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

In an unconventional war and colonialist war which Vietnam was, kill rate doesn't mean so much. But in a conventional war it does.  So let's take a look at how many Germans were killed by the Soviets as opposed to other parties. Out of the approimately 1,310,000 German soldiers who were killed during WW2,  1,106,000 were killed by the Soviets.  That's about 85 percent of the total killed.

And to address your other comments both here and elsewhere, I never said that the Russians beat the Germans singlehandedly. I did say that if any one nation deserves credit for defeating Germany, it was the Russians. I did respond to some obvious nonsense coming presumably from a British person who claimed that the UK beat Hitler.

And as for "losing your right to intelligent debate here", really?  There is a venue on thaivisa for intelligent debate? I didn't even know that one existed, much less that I had lost my right to it. Such a crushing disappointment. I guess you must be its moderator since you have invoked a ban on me.

You love statistics about deaths and so on.

Any war is finally decided by the home country that can maintain the will of the people but most importantly, (and this is really critical)

keeping the supply line open to your forces and denying supply to the enemy.

Uncle Joe would never have defeated anyone in this piece of ancient history were it not for the Atlantic convoys to Murmansk.

Later US airplanes delivered aircraft, and more supplies to Uncle Joes regime. You have a very narrow and focused view of history. All about Russia.

Because you refuse to look at the overall picture of how any war is fought and won or lost, you lose the right to intelligent debate.

Just now, spiderorchid said:

You love statistics about deaths and so on.

Any war is finally decided by the home country that can maintain the will of the people but most importantly, (and this is really critical)

keeping the supply line open to your forces and denying supply to the enemy.

Uncle Joe would never have defeated anyone in this piece of ancient history were it not for the Atlantic convoys to Murmansk.

Later US airplanes delivered aircraft, and more supplies to Uncle Joes regime. You have a very narrow and focused view of history. All about Russia.

Because you refuse to look at the overall picture of how any war is fought and won or lost, you lose the right to intelligent debate.

I never said that it was all about Russia. I clearly explained what it was I wrote and nowhere did I write anything to the effect that it was all about Russia. I'm hoping your incapacity to understand what I have written has to do with dyslexia and not the Dunning-Kreuger effect.

Ok, now I am dyslexic. You post rubbish and then you resort to abuse. Bye bye

In my defense, I should note that I didn't say that a case of dyslexia was the only explanation. I did mention Dunning-Kreuger. But maybe the reason you repeatedly distorted the import of what I wrote has a morally less savory explanation.

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

In my defense, I should note that I didn't say that a case of dyslexia was the only explanation. I did mention Dunning-Kreuger. But maybe the reason you repeatedly distorted the import of what I wrote has a morally less savory explanation.

You post like a morally superior jork. lol

The war to defeat Germany in WW2 was all about supply lines. 

Uncle Joe was never invaded by Japan.

The allies had 2 theatres of war. They were fighting in the Pacific, Nth Africa, The mid northern east and against all mainland Europe.

Russia had one theatre of war and one front. It had its own country to defend and that only.

The Brits and US forces were trying to defend all of Europe and Asia.

They did this by denying supply lines.

Russia never once denied critical supply lines to the Germans, nor did the have to face the Japanese. They were constantly resupplied by allied forces.

What part of history do you not understand. Wars are not won on a body count.

Nah, you will never understand.  

You post like a morally superior jork. lol

The war to defeat Germany in WW2 was all about supply lines. 

Uncle Joe was never invaded by Japan.

The allies had 2 theatres of war. They were fighting in the Pacific, Nth Africa, The mid northern east and against all mainland Europe.

Russia had one theatre of war and one front. It had its own country to defend and that only.

The Brits and US forces were trying to defend all of Europe and Asia.

They did this by denying supply lines.

Russia never once denied critical supply lines to the Germans, nor did the have to face the Japanese. They were constantly resupplied by allied forces.

What part of history do you not understand. Wars are not won on a body count.

Nah, you will never understand.  

What does "bye bye" mean to you?

On 6/6/2017 at 9:21 AM, ilostmypassword said:

You gotta get out more. Or at least do some random tv viewing.

On 6/6/2017 at 9:23 AM, colinneil said:

Being paraplegic it is a problem for me to get out.

Now if you want to come and push my wheelchair i would be extremely grateful.

On 6/6/2017 at 9:45 AM, ilostmypassword said:

I did mention TV.

I fail to see how random transvestite viewing is going to assist Colin getting out more. Or maybe Colin's local has one or two behind the bar? :cheesy:

To ilostmypassport. 

How come a truly sophisticated and well educated man such as your self,

always ends up seeming to be silly and uninformed and unable to see how you open yourself up to ridicule.

darksidedog just cut you to ribbons with wit, not that you will ever understand it.

So did colin.

I suggest you take a few activated coal tablets, visit a colon clean out surgery, eat a purge diet for a week and come back and make anything but pathetic posts 

6 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

To ilostmypassport. 

How come a truly sophisticated and well educated man such as your self,

always ends up seeming to be silly and uninformed and unable to see how you open yourself up to ridicule.

darksidedog just cut you to ribbons with wit, not that you will ever understand it.

So did colin.

I suggest you take a few activated coal tablets, visit a colon clean out surgery, eat a purge diet for a week and come back and make anything but pathetic posts 

Dark sided dog made a silly, if funny, pun. I don't see how it was directed at me at all.

Colin just asked me to push his wheel chair which was amusing but not an instance of rapier-like wit.

You must be desperate for vengeance. And a sense of humor.

If it makes you feel any better, Putin just turned down my request for a pay raise.

Edited by ilostmypassword

3 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Dark sided dog made a silly, if funny, pun. I don't see how it was directed at me at all.

Colin just asked me to push his wheel chair which was amusing but not an instance of rapier-like wit.

You must be desperate for vengeance. And a sense of humor.

If it makes you feel any better, Putin just turned down my request for a pay raise.

I must admit ilostmypassport that your wit is astounding. In fact you are a total joke.