Brit orders final drink - then jumps from seventh floor of Bangkok hotel restaurant

webfact

7 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Don't these aholes understand that there are people walking below who they could land on?

also, what about kids who maybe around to see them splat?

I really do sympathize with this guy being too sick to want to live. He was also obviously pretty psyched up and not making any good choices on the day. However there is a time and place for most things and splatting himself on a public foot path was pretty selfish. Also bloody unpleasant for his kids who will no doubt come to learn of all the details....RIP

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Another one

Pretty easy to be judgemental when you don't have a painful terminal disease. Why people seem to think that somebody should suffer needlessly is beyond me. Just shows a total lack of empathy.

Just now, Canceraid said:

By the way, anyone knows what was his online name for Thaivisa? Seeing the various postings here online can also be a cause to drive some people to become suicidal.

Don't give up your day job, your humour sucks!

2 hours ago, optad said:

Utter arrogance and projection.

Why? I just presumed that he ended his life of a untreatable disease, it is mentioned above that he committed suicide dut to his medical condition.

2 hours ago, nasanews said:

I wonder if his medical problem was cancer, even though no body has the right to end his life.

I feel sorry for his family.

Nobody has the right to end his life? Would you mind explaining why, without bringing religion into it?

Just now, bazza73 said:

Nobody has the right to end his life? Would you mind explaining why, without bringing religion into it?

Depression for example when it overcomes someone it will make him/her end their lives.

1 hour ago, louse1953 said:

His life,to do what he wants with.Could have been a bit cleaner,but who is thinking at such a moment.

So, Great! You actually think it´s perfectly okey to jump from a balcony, just because it´s his own life to do what he want with???

Are you serious, or is it just a short meltdown?

3 minutes ago, nasanews said:

Why? I just presumed that he ended his life of a untreatable disease, it is mentioned above that he committed suicide dut to his medical condition.

No. You inserted the zealot's moralising position 

..........even though no body has the right to end his life.

Kind of you to forget that now. 

1 minute ago, nasanews said:

Depression for example when it overcomes someone it will make him/her end their lives.

Where is it written that you don't have the right to end your own life? If life becomes unbearable through illness, mental or physical it's up to the individual to decide if they want to go on or not. Their choice.

7 hours ago, claffey said:

I am not a fanatical Christian but I find your comments disturbing. Suicide or Euthanasia or whatever you want to call it is a cowards way out. If you have no family or responsibility then OK. But if you are leaving behind wives, children and other family then you are a coward. I also believe euthanasia should be illegal as life is precious as is the life of your family. By doing this you are destroying their lives too... As for jumping from a high building. Wouldn't it be easier and less gruesome to take an overdose of something...A cowards way out...

I don't agree, you are the only person who can decide what to do in any circumstance! It is emotional blackmail to make someone responsible, against their wishes, for somebody else. that is why governments have welfare departments. Everyone should have the right to terminate their life. Now think about it, jumping from a high place is not like putting your head inside an electric oven, it's for real, there's no going back, it's final! That's true courage! :sleep::wai:

9 hours ago, shady86 said:

I noticed lately many foreigners especially Westerners choose to commit suicide here lately. Is it common in their own country or they find it easier to take their own lives here?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

must be the way the government gives info to the press. In Holland, population 17 milj. , about 900 people kill them selves in 2016, a third of them "took the train". But you do not hear to much about this other then there was a traincollision with a person. 

2 minutes ago, optad said:

No. You inserted the zealot's moralising position 

Kind of you to forget that now. 

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Where is it written that you don't have the right to end your own life? If life becomes unbearable through illness, mental or physical it's up to the individual to decide if they want to go on or not. Their choice.

If one has no control of his existence when he/she was born then no body has the right to end their lives but only who gave them that life.

You used the word "Nobody". So to you it doesn't matter if it's a painful debilitating disease with lousy quality of life, the depression caused by that condition bars them from seeking to end it all.

I don't know if you are familiar with the term begging the question, but that's what you are doing.

If one has no control of his existence when he/she was born then no body has the right to end their lives but only who gave them that life.

Who says? You?

A troll post has been removed also a number of posts discussing moderation and replies:

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

5 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

You used the word "Nobody". So to you it doesn't matter if it's a painful debilitating disease with lousy quality of life, the depression caused by that condition bars them from seeking to end it all.

I don't know if you are familiar with the term begging the question, but that's what you are doing.

I have learned there are 2 types of depression, situational and clinical, situational is obvious such as a person has a low quality life or illness. The other has no situational cause, it is a dangerous chemical imbalance and one of the deadliest of diseases

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Oh dear.. guess someone is sensitive, I had a go at my own countries Christians too (they are the ones opposing even more liberal measures). Just hate it when people limit others choices based on religion. Its normal for us to compare stuff with our or other countries. I guess your one of those people who thinks their country is perfect and any criticism is blasphemy. I often say bad things about my own or other countries don't take it so personal. 

stop  pushing your Atheist ideas  Rob :cheesy:

Just now, Tilacme said:

Nothing wrong with being an atheist, in fact its the only logical thing to be.

Then why the objection to suicide if taking your life doesn't offend any religious ethics?

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Try and get your head around the fact that you may be more fortunate than some. If you woke up racked in pain, dependent on others to clean up your mess, would you feel the same way? Or is that concept just too complex for you to understand?

I watched my father go as you described and not for one second did he give up on the vigour of life, heart like a train, he is my role model and I have no time for surrender suicide monkeys.

32 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

I have learned there are 2 types of depression, situational and clinical, situational is obvious such as a person has a low quality life or illness. The other has no situational cause, it is a dangerous chemical imbalance and one of the deadliest of diseases

You are quite correct.

Situational depression is called an Adjustment Disorder with Depressed Mood.However if it goes on too long then it may morph into Unipolar (major) Depression which is the clinical type you mention.

In the old days they were called "Exogenous" (outside) and "Endogenous" (inside)Depression-both can kill and do so with alarming frequency.

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity.

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Then why the objection to suicide if taking your life doesn't offend any religious ethics?

I never said I object to suicide, if you look you will see that I have no respect for a suicide idiot. 

4 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

I watched my father go as you described and not for one second did he give up on the vigour of life, heart like a train, he is my role model and I have no time for surrender suicide monkeys.

Devoid of understanding outside your own closed world, not point in having any further discussion.

10 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

What was his "vigour of life" if he was in chronic pain and needed his bodily functions tended by others? Sounds more like a miserable life than any vigour, or did he still manage to get in a few games of tennis before playing 9 holes notwithstanding his condition?

Edited by giddyup

Just now, giddyup said:

Devoid of understanding outside your own closed world, not point in having any further discussion.

I cant help a surrender monkey who is waiting for life to get on top of him.

4 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

I cant help a surrender monkey who is waiting for life to get on top of him.

You really have no grasp of reality, or compassion for other people's pain and misery. 

Edited by giddyup