Going to Savanakhet for my tourist visa

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, anto said:

I have just returned to Chiang mai from Savannakhet with another Multiple -O visa .( obtained as i have a Thai wife ) .No changes from last time .No show of funds required .

How i went ?

1.    Sunday ,Early morning plane Airasia 6.30 am ,CNX to Khon Kaen .    .    B940

2.    Bus K.K. City bus Station one ,9.45 am bus to Mukdahan .  arrive  2.30 PM       B170 

3.    International bus Mukdahan to Savannakhet 3.30 pm            B50 

4.   Crossing bridge  US$35  for Lao visa .

5.    Arrive Savannakhet bus station 4.30 pm aprox .

6. Walk from Bus station to pre booked Guest house .(Booking.com )  .45 min walk to .Sala Thongyon B350 a night .Walking stick in hand for aggressive dogs all along the way .

------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday 

1.  light breakfast at G.H.  kIP 16,000  .      Then Tuk Tuk from there B100 to  Thai Consulate  at 8.30 am .Q and give in my application plus B5,000 .Out by 9.30 am .Monday night at same G.H.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

TUESDAY 

1.  Check out of G.H ,and walk to Thai Consulate .One hour walk .Have a breakfast at Avalon Hotel on the way Kip 20,000 (so called Aussie Breakfast ) .Collect Visa at 2 pm .take Tuk Tuk to Bus station  Kip 20,000.

2.   Take 2.30 pm International bus to Mukdahan Kip 13,000 .

3. Take mini bus from Mukdahan Bus station 3.30 pm to Udon  Thani B180 Bus Co. Sahamitubon 

4.Arrive Udon at 8 pm .

5.Walk to Top Mansion Hotel ,5 minutes walk . Not booked walk in rate B550 .Nice Hotel with a/c .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 

1. Have buffet breakfast at nearby sister Hotel  to the one i stay  for B200

2.Walk half way to Airport using Google maps on my Phone .About half way or 45 minutes get too hot and tired so flag down a Tuk Tuk for B100 to Airport .

3. Take flight Nokair 1.45 pm back to Chiang Mai B1,200 

4. Wife collects me from C.M. Airport and home .End of another Visa adventure .

??? total expenditure for the  visa run??

Airticket, hotel ,visa fee,  taxi,  food??

Travel agent here in Bangkok charges me  21000 baht for retirement visa, no need to travel, no need  to leave Thailand takes  2-3 days, no hassle ,

Edited by kraxlhuber
spelling correction

Just now, kraxlhuber said:

Travel agent here in Bangkok charges me  21000 baht for retirement visa, no need to travel, no need  to leave Thailand takes  2-3 days, no hassle , I am 72 years old tired to travel

This Monday I  shall go To Immigration Chaeng Wattana and ask ( again) for an extension of my Non Immigrant O visa   from  Vientienne, CW is always asking for an address in Bangkok, I stay with my daughter in an Student apartment , she has no  rental contract or tabian Baan.

What can I do  for  an address in Bangkok, I don't want to rent another  apartment.

6 hours ago, kraxlhuber said:

Travel agent here in Bangkok charges me  21000 baht for retirement visa, no need to travel, no need  to leave Thailand takes  2-3 days, no hassle ,

Total expenditure coming from Chiang Mai was around B13,000 .It would be somewhat cheaper from Bangkok. Yes it would be far easier to do a retirement visa which i had in the past ,and without an agent but this way no funds are required to be shown in a Bank .

Documents i showed . Two photos .Visa application form .Passport and copy showing front page departure stamp and Lao visa page .Signed by me .Original Marriage cert plus copy signed by wife .Wifes name change form original and copy signed by her .Copy only of both her i.d. card ( both sides on same page ) and blue house book .Signed by her .Copy of my yellow house book .Signed by me .Plus B5000 .

Edited by anto

5 hours ago, anto said:

Total expenditure coming from Chiang Mai was around B13,000 .It would be somewhat cheaper from Bangkok. Yes it would be far easier to do a retirement visa which i had in the past ,and without an agent but this way no funds are required to be shown in a Bank .

Documents i showed . Two photos .Visa application form .Passport and copy showing front page departure stamp and Lao visa page .Signed by me .Original Marriage cert plus copy signed by wife .Wifes name change form original and copy signed by her .Copy only of both her i.d. card ( both sides on same page ) and blue house book .Signed by her .Copy of my yellow house book .Signed by me .Plus B5000 .

very useful post. Did the immigration ask about a seperate residency or  rental contract ?

I know  my yellow Tabian Baan has all the information, BUT, who knows. Why the 5000 baht fee, is it for an agent?  non O fee in Laos is 2000 baht

Just now, kraxlhuber said:

very useful post. Did the immigration ask about a seperate residency or  rental contract ?

I know  my yellow Tabian Baan has all the information, BUT, who knows. Why the 5000 baht fee, is it for an agent?  non O fee in Laos is 2000 baht

Last time  in March I paid an AGENT outside  the  embassy 6000 baht all inclusive for my non Immigr.O visa, its expiring  July 5th  and how can I  extend my stay, I am in Bangkok?

48 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

A single M-O is B2,000 .A multiple M-O ,which i got  is B5,000 . I just provided a copy of my house yellow book .I did have a copy of my house Chanote ,which i am named on with my wife but it was not required .

Just now, anto said:

A single M-O is B2,000 .A multiple M-O ,which i got  is B5,000 . I just provided a copy of my house yellow book .I did have a copy of my house Chanote ,which i am named on with my wife but it was not required .

my yellow tabian book is from Chiang Rai, I am  in Bangkok, does it matter?

7 hours ago, anto said:

BTW, retirement visa   application in Savannaketh, whats  required?

1 minute ago, kraxlhuber said:

BTW, retirement visa   application in Savannaketh, whats  required?

You have to do that in Thailand i thought ,in the area where you officially live ..Don't think it can be done in Savannakhet ?

• Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 5:01 PM, anto said:

You have to do that in Thailand i thought ,in the area where you officially live ..Don't think it can be done in Savannakhet ?

Many go there or other nearby consulates to get a "Non-O" 90-day, which saves trying to do a conversion at an immigration office in Thailand (sometimes difficult).  Yes, the 1-year extension would be applied for at one's local immigration-office. 

You can also get a 1-year Non-O Multiple-Entry based on retirement in Penang (if I remember correctly from UJ's last post on this question), but not in Vientiane or Savanahket. 

To apply at any, one needs to show proof-of funds, though the funds do not have to be in Thailand, when applying at consulates abroad.  Vientiane also now requires a medical and police clearance certificate, but not Savanahket.

Many go there or other nearby consulates to get a "Non-O" 90-day, which saves trying to do a conversion at an immigration office in Thailand (sometimes difficult).  Yes, the 1-year extension would be applied for at one's local immigration-office. 

You can also get a 1-year Non-O Multiple-Entry based on retirement in Penang (if I remember correctly from UJ's last post on this question), but not in Vientiane or Savanahket. 

To apply at any, one needs to show proof-of funds, though the funds do not have to be in Thailand, when applying at consulates abroad.  Vientiane also now requires a medical and police clearance certificate, but not Savanahket.

Are you personally 100% sure that Savanakhet needs proof of funds.

I ask, as I know many that HAVE used there without any financial details given or needed?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I ask, as I know many that HAVE used there without any financial details given or needed?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No funds needed for a single M-O at Savannakhet .There is a current debate on another thread about somebody claiming that just recently on the 20 th of this month ,funds B200,000 were asked to be shown for a multiple M-O  .THIS CLAIM IS UNCERTAIN .When i was there on the 12 th of this month no funds needed to be shown for a multiple M-O.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I think he was writing about a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement. It does not matter where you go nearby the 800k baht or proof of 65k baht will needed.

For marriage it has not been needed.

• Like 1