Dismemberment case suspects risk death penalty

snoop1130

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MaiChai said:

The pretties will be in demand in prison.

On a more serious note, lets see if they get just penance or if they manage to wiggle their way out of it.

What is "just penance" ?      ..... please.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The death penalty is the only punishment for defendants convicted of premeditated murder.

That can not be right surly ?

We have read of so many murders that were not the result of a fight at the time--so must have been premeditated --the motor cycle farangs in Pattaya , some wives who killed husbands with their lover---and Vice Versa.

When was the last execution in Thailand--Wiki says 8 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Thailand

21 minutes ago, MaiChai said:

The pretties will be in demand in prison.

On a more serious note, lets see if they get just penance or if they manage to wiggle their way out of it.

I,for one,would like to watch them 'wiggling' their way out of it.

5 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

So what happened? Accidental murder?

They need legal counsel. Not smiling now and obligatory pointing.

How does one commit an accidental murder?  I suppose it was accidental dismemberment also.

Maybe you should take a look at the definition, which is the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.  I think they will need more than the help of counsel, given the overall scenario.:wai:

I'd be curious to see what sort of supergrass deals there are in Thailand. If they actually know enough to cut a deal probably best to also have them on random suicide watch. 

Edited by Bangel72

After visiting Kawita in jail, the sister also said Kawita insisted that she had just taken a ride with her friends and did not know it would implicate her in a crime. 

Yeah, I was just hanging out with my good friends, and they decided to dismember someone we did not like or approve of. I decided to hang around and watch.

Wow. What can one say? Is that really the best she can do, in the way of an excuse? I believe she would be considered an accomplice, just by virtue of being there, whether or not she actually used the hacksaw. 

One can only hope they get the death penalty, if they are found guilty, and there is forensic proof of their guilt. 

Edited by spidermike007

6 hours ago, hobobo said:

And the sooner the better. I wish it could be public!

Public? No you don't.

These discussions often seem to bring out the baying mob in otherwise very sensible people.

4 hours ago, Italian guy said:

Death penalty if the crime was premeditated seems fair. Not before a very slow and excruciatingly painful torture, though!

Yaaah! Come on!  :angry:

And what would that possibly achieve? To show how civilized and how justly outraged we are?

I dont know whats happened to this place... of course dozens other countries arent better or worse, no question. But what i experience the last years here in Thailand make me very very much overthink my whole "idea of Thailand" i had for the last 25 years...

I lived for the dream basically to live my life in Thailand, had luck and enjoyed it so much for many years, working and living in Bkk. But for some reason, the last 2 years i more and more see me overthinking this. The smile here is an illusion in some many regards im not able to put it into words.

Also, what happened to me (nearly got killed for an ipad, 45 stiches to be done alone on my head, 7 ppl hit on it with iron bars, on my home from work), to others, what i read on a daily basis, what i experience, i dont know....

Thai people can be very very nice. But some people here seem to be very far from what i call human and this makes it more and more difficult for me to see paradise in this place...

Edited by Saenchai

First they treat them like rock stars, and then they decide to nuke them, 'for the example', after the rock star treatment caused public outrage.

If these girls did it, they deserve to be punished accordingly. I'm not personnally in favour of the death penalty but that's beside the point : the point here is their punishment should not also (or worse, primarily) serve as a cover up for the fact that the cops' behaviour was wrong.

And their behaviour proved two things, which are true the world over :

1/ beauty is a form of power,

2/ in the face of beauty, men's brains tend to slide down under their belly button.

Edited by Yann55

10 hours ago, xerostar said:

If they were "Ice addicts" then that can explain the nature of their crime.

Many bizarre crimes have been reported around the world in recent years and most seem to involve  psychotropic drugs.

stats to back up that claim???

and what exactly are "psychotropic drugs" in your estimable (execrable lol) opinion?

what about all of those killed by those under influence of alcohol??? FAR more casualties than

your "psychotropic drugs"

20 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

First they treat them like rock stars, and then they decide to nuke them, 'for the example', after the rock star treatment caused public outrage.

If these girls did it, they deserve to be punished accordingly. I'm not personnally in favour of the death penalty but that's beside the point : the point here is their punishment should not also (or worse, primarily) serve as a cover up for the fact that the cops' behaviour was wrong.

And their behaviour proved two things, which are true the world over :

1/ beauty is a form of power,

2/ in the face of beauty, men's brains tend to slide down under their belly button.

i don't like the death penalty either, but when one of my best friends in California was murdered, i wanted to see the perp FRY!!!

and re 1/ and 2/ -as a girl, thank god for THAT!!! some things will NEVER change :post-4641-1156694083:

10 hours ago, xerostar said:

If they were "Ice addicts" then that can explain the nature of their crime.

Many bizarre crimes have been reported around the world in recent years and most seem to involve  psychotropic drugs.

They probably should not have been smirking and smiling after they were in custody.  They weren't on drugs then

14 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

I must say those girls are very cute.

I'd love to have some fun with them using dismember.

There are special weird websites for your kind.

Although these girls committed an evil deed, the whole lot of them, including the unfortunate victim are young people that got involved with the wrong crowds and took the wrong paths. Young people who have destroyed the lives of others and themselves to the point of no return and are now doomed.

They do deserve the harshest punishments the law can throw at them, but it`s still very tragic and sad all round and I don`t glorify in all this loss of young lives that may follow.