The art of the deal (Thai version)

Peterw42

On 08/06/2017 at 5:46 AM, Peterw42 said:

brother sees it for 2,500 and manages to find a buyer for 2,700.

The refrigerator is still in my condo full of milk etc, but the GF has made 500 baht, the brother has made 1,000 baht and the friend has made 200 baht.

My experience in Thailand suggests the calculations would be slightly different....the only one that will make money on this deal is your GF's brothers friend who's actually sold the fridge.

His thoughts will be his mates sister doesn't need the money as shes with a farang and he'll palm his mate off, perhaps give him a few beers and that'll be that.

On another note......A close friend of mine lent 2 m THB  to a thai lady so she could buy her husband out of the house they owned in Thailand and that would enable her to 'move on', as they were going through a divorce.

Turns out the 'loan agreement' was actually detailed as a donation and not even signed by a lawyer. (yes should have checked all detail!)

Turns out she didn't pay it to her husband at all as he still lives in the house but they've made a cracking job of the extension on the front and extended bathroom on the back!!!

Ought for bought in this world ladee.

Follow this story long enough and some mug will squeeze another 500 baht from the same lemon.

Walk around the pawnshops of Pattaya and you can find all sorts of electrical goods more expensive than the new thing in Big C etc.

But don't be confused. The locals will pay good money for soiled goods. They like them that way.Saves them the bother of making them dirty and shabby.

17 hours ago, jerojero said:

What the H is a cubic litre?

Well observed. I said that as a liter is normally associated with liquid, but he wants to measure space. A liter can be a measurement of space since the system works on that principle. A car engine is measured in cubic centimeters, and hence you get a 2 liter engine: equivalent to 2000cc (cubic centimeters). Manufacturers also now measure boot  (trunk) space the same way.

Khao chai?

14 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

Looks like you are easily confused. The big difference between a litre and a square foot is the first is a measure of volume and the latter is a measure of area. A cubic litre doesn't exist.

A liter is a liter of space (volume)  too, I used "cubic" liter so the OP could grasp the idea. Space or volume is normally in cubic centimeters (CC),  a liter doesn't need the differentiation as it is separate to linear measurement, but is encompassed in the same  system.

I take the comment on cubic foot and not square foot, just a slip, I hope I didn't confuse him further, as it did you. That's why I used the comparisons.

See post 34. Either I got it wrong or the car manufacturers have.

A hundred CCs is not a liter, or is it?

Please let me know. :unsure:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

4 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

A liter is a liter of space (volume)  too, I used "cubic" liter so the OP could grasp the idea. Space or volume is normally in cubic centimeters (CC),  a liter doesn't need the differentiation as it is separate to linear measurement, but is encompassed in the same  system.

I take the comment on cubic foot and not square foot, just a slip, I hope I didn't confuse him further, as it did you. That's why I used the comparisons.

1000cc =litre

16 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I'm going to take a wild guess - you're a teacher right?

On 6/10/2017 at 6:02 PM, whaleboneman said:

I'm going to take a wild guess - you're a teacher right?

Very funny, and a truly wild guess. No I am not, never have been.  Most teachers I know are "know-it-alls" that basically have done nothing more than go to school all their lives.

Some on here like to jump on an honest mistake or a typo. I slipped up on square foot / cubic foot, that is all.

My question was rhetorical. I know what a liter (American spelling) is, so do the car manufactures.

I DO get fed up with the nit-pickers and trolls on here that just want to get people annoyed. The guy just wanted help selling a fridge and didn't seem to be able to describe it very well.

Some on here like to jump on an honest mistake or a typo. I slipped up on square foot / cubic foot, that is all.

My question was rhetorical. I know what a liter (American spelling) is, so do the car manufactures.

I DO get fed up with the nit-pickers and trolls on here that just want to get people annoyed. The guy just wanted help selling a fridge and didn't seem to be able to describe it very well.

I hope your ego has been boosted enough by this nonsense, it would appear you are another Troll that gets kicks from trying to wind people up.

You should stick to the social media, it is about your level.

On 6/10/2017 at 7:21 AM, Naam said:

we have a winner! :smile:

I hope your ego has been boosted enough by this nonsense, it would appear you are another Troll that gets kicks from trying to wind people up.

You should stick to the social media, it is about your level

On 6/10/2017 at 6:42 AM, kannot said:

1000cc =litre

Thanks. I do know that. I asked the question for the OP's clarification and sarcastically for the two "ar3*h0l3s " that are quite obviously in need of help, or were just in the "learning deficiency" class at school :passifier:.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

On 09.06.2017 at 3:19 AM, Peterw42 said:

The "deal" should go down around midday, I am a little worried that when my new fridge turns up, I have somehow purchased my old fridge, lol

So in the end did you get your fair initial share of cash or were you ripped off?