Rewards Offered To Those Who Can Provide Tip-offs In Corruption Cases

Jai Dee

AEC to offer reward those who could provide tip-offs leading to corruption cases

Spokesman of the Assets Examination Committee (AEC), Sak Kowsangruang (สัก กอแสงเรือง) said that those who could provide traces leading to bribery or corruption cases will be rewarded 25 percent of the total amount of money.

Mr Sak also assured confidentiality of the person who can provide evidences to authorities.

Mr. Sak further added that AEC will give this 25-percent reward to anybody who can lead to traces of corruption, whether or not he/she comes from the private or public sector.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 28 December 2006

Money stakes rise for those who 'squeal' on the corrupt

The Assets Examination Com-mittee will offer cash rewards amounting to 25 per cent of seized ill-gotten wealth for tips that lead to the conviction of corrupt politicians, AEC spokesman Sak Korsaengruang said yesterday.

The offer would also apply to people holding assets for politicians in an attempt to avoid legal provisions that limit shareholding by Cabinet members, he said. Informants who were also nominees holding such ill-gotten assets would also be entitled to the bounty.

Sak said the committee had issued new regulations about the cash rewards. He added the offer would apply to informants only - and not graft busters - unlike similar rewards offered by other state agencies like the Customs Department.

In the Customs Department's case, informants receive 30 per cent of the funds surrendered to the state, and arresting officials would get another 25 per cent, he explained.

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was accused of having his domestic workers hold his shares in a bid to avoid the law that limits shareholding by Cabinet members.

Meanwhile, the Assets Exami-nation Committee agreed to defer today's hearing on Shin Corp deals involving children of the deposed premier and a witness until next month, committee spokesman Sak Korsaengruang said yesterday.

"The AEC has allowed the defence extra time for preparation and expects the upcoming hearing to shed light on the Shin deal as the defence statements will be presented behind closed doors and without the presence of lawyers," Sak said.

Thaksin's two children, Panthongtae and Pinthongta, will give their respective statements on January 10, and defence witness Kanchanapa Honghern is due to testify on January 24.

Kanchanapa is the private secretary to Thaksin's wife, Pojaman.

The three will appear before the Viroj Laohaphan panel. Since the investigation is at the fact-finding stage, the panel will solicit statements directly from individuals involved in the deal and not their lawyers.

Commenting on news reports that the defence team wanted Thaksin to return to Thailand to testify, Sak said the deposed premier could choose either to submit a statement in writing or appear in person once he was indicted.

At the moment, there was no graft indictment against Thaksin as graft investigators were at various stages of building up their cases, he said.

Source: The Nation - 28 December 2006

Money stakes rise for those who 'squeal' on the corrupt

The Assets Examination Com-mittee will offer cash rewards amounting to 25 per cent of seized ill-gotten wealth for tips that lead to the conviction of corrupt politicians, AEC spokesman Sak Korsaengruang said yesterday.

In the Customs Department's case, informants receive 30 per cent of the funds surrendered to the state, and arresting officials would get another 25 per cent, he explained.

Source: The Nation - 28 December 2006

I find it interesting that the AEC would use the Custom's Department's practice to clean itself up as a good example, given that until late 2004, Khun Sirote headed the Custom's Dept. in this quest to clean house. He was a hero then, but then he went and got himself promoted to the Head of the Revenue Dept. at the wrong time and someone needs to pay for the former PM not paying taxes on the SHIN sale.

I would like to report every single policeman in the country please. I have proof. Check bank accounts vs. paychecks. Or ask the mia noy.

Mate, I'm nearly pooin' me cruds 'ere. I'm laffin' in an envious way of those coppers.

Cheers to the humour mate! You got me to log on...555!

You know the LOS well.

that will be an excuse for a lot of political opponents spitefully dobbing each other in.

could be the biggest laugh of next year

are flangs allowed to play?

of course we will never get to hear of who has been accused of what because it will all be secret, and we will never know whether anyone actually gets rewards because his identity will be confidential wont it?

as they said above, i too am pooing my pants with laughter.