Recommendation Savannakhet Hotel For a Week

I plan on spending a week in Savannakhet to get a 60 day Non-O or 60 Day Tourist Visa in August since my Visa expires 23 August and I am leaving Thailand 31 October.

I would like recommendations on Guesthouses - hotels places to stay. I know the city closes early, but I enjoy a beer or two and also enjoy walking. Since I do not need to stay near the

consulate what are your recommendations? I do not need fancy just a good bed and clean. Also, what do you like to do during your stays? Any day trips recommended? Any museums, restaurants,

beer bars, ect? Your inputs are appreciated! Thanks

Also, what do you like to do during your stays? "

I think you would set a new record if you manage to stay there for one whole week:giggle:

it's a lovely place but not a lot to do for that length of time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, midas said:

Also, what do you like to do during your stays? "

I think you would set a new record if you manage to stay there for one whole week:giggle:

it's a lovely place but not a lot to do for that length of time.

In a week there you can get a job, meet a nice Lao girl and settle down....5555

Kidding aside...I highly recommend the night market near the old French Catholic church. Great food and great vibe...I eat there whenever I have to go.

Edited by tonray

A week in Savannakhet ? 3 days which i am about to do ,(only because its necessary ) is more than enough .This will be my 4 th visit .If walking about carry a stick as the place is full of aggressive street dogs .For some reason they are not laid back and placid like the Thai Soi dogs .

For the Visitor visa they will ask to see B20,000 in your bank book .(thats from recent reports at Savannakhet ) .I am going for a M-O based on marriage to a Thai .No Bank statement or funds looked for as of recent experiences .

Avalon is a good Hotel .Newish and very near the Main bus Terminal .(there are two ) .About B700 a night booked on www.booking .com 

Pilgrims kitchen is a good choice central clean good food.

What to do is up to how you feel there is very little to do in Savanakhet during the day. We took the car over with us so on the day we had to kill we went off exploring quite enjoyed it actually.

Edited by jeab1980

With the Avalon Hotel above i mentioned you will not be disappointed .This time i will try the Sala Thongyon.at just B340 a night .It consists of individual bungalows ,and comes highly recommended  .Its double the walking distance to the Thai Consulate though but i will have loads of time and will be carrying and old style Colonial Walking stick . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

There is no 60 day non-O visa only 90 days.
On what bases are you going for non-O?
If based on marriage they can offer 1 year multiple entry.

That's an idea. I only need 68 days, so a 90 would be a good idea. I would like to spend a few days there though. My wife's family is from Lao and we haven't done any travel in that area.