How to control/prevent annoying moth cocoons on my walls and ceiling?

nitayagirl

Are there any good way to stop this pest or we just have to live with like the geckos? Why I never see the moth, only the cocoons/worms?

household casebearer

หนอนปลอก non plok

Tinea pellionella

Tinea-pellionella.jpg

You can try spray bottle with isopropyl alcohol. Every couple of days spray the upper walls/ceilings where you see the worms. They don't like the smell. Also works great to keep mold away outside. But these guys are really hard to get rid of. I used to have them when I lived in Huay Khwang but now in Thonburi I have not seen one in 2 years.

Are there any good way to stop this pest or we just have to live with like the geckos? Why I never see the moth, only the cocoons/worms?

household casebearer
หนอนปลอก non plok
Tinea pellionella

Tinea-pellionella.jpg.20a0a984aa2760bf3ebdb2a3166ea31f.jpg

The moths only live for a few hours.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You dont have to live with either if  your house is sealed up tight with properly  fitting doors  and windows, I never get any, keep outside  lights OFF the  walls of the house is  also a  good  idea, mine are about 5  metres away from the house .

21 hours ago, chudless said:

Just brush them off, no biggie.

I agree, this isn't rocket science!  Go to a Thai store they are everywhere they even come around in the side carts to your neighborhood selling them. Long stick broom!  Get off you butt and just brush them off!

Yeah, worms and other insect in the thai home's sucks (getting bitten by small spiders most). And especially butterflies, because they are eating my lemon tree on the balcony. :post-4641-1156693976: 

But geckos are cool. Don't hate them. :smile: I learned their call. No matter which room I am, if i call them, I will always get at least 3 replies. Never alone.