PM Prayut orders upkeep of surveillance cameras

webfact

PM orders upkeep of surveillance cameras

PNPOL600609001000501.jpg

BANGKOK, 9 June 2017 (NNT) – The government has assured all agencies have sufficient budget for the maintenance of their surveillance cameras and has launched a survey of their working conditions to be completed this month in the interest of public safety. 

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered that all state agencies that operate surveillance cameras report on the conditions of the units within this month and perform any needed maintenance or replacements so that they are ready for use when needed. 

Government officials have indicated that each agency has a sufficient budget for the maintenance of its cameras and other related equipment. The assertion came as a rebuttal to some media reports that agencies were requesting additional budget for the work. 

Gen Prayut’s order followed an expression of concern for the safety of citizens and their property. He said he will be prioritizing surveillance cameras as they are an effective deterrent against crimes and also allow for events to be studied or investigated. Footage from the cameras is also useful in the trial of criminals as they provide needed evidence.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-09

4 hours ago, shady86 said:

Buy the cheapest one and pay for repair and maintenance, that is the way here!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

if half the cameras installed are running 2 years after they were installed i would be surprised. the transformers seem to burn out very quickly probably due to the variable mains power supply. i got a shock off one of my cameras when i was changing the angle and measured 120v off the camera housing. how does that happen when the camera is being supplied by a 12v power pack?

This is brilliance of unparalleled proportions!!! Once again we are blessed by the opportunity to live in the light of his sacred benevolence and divinely inspired leadership. Thank you Uncle.

Edited by Hayduke

5 hours ago, webfact said:

"....in the interest of public safety"

The military is just making sure their "surveillance eyes" are always watching everyone everywhere. Whether they be for public safety or their own safety.

2 hours ago, Hayduke said:

This is brilliance of unparalleled proportions!!! Once again we are blessed by the opportunity to live in the light of his sacred benevolence and divinely inspired leadership. Thank you Uncle.

The nice thing about Uncle is that he is always telling his minions to do their jobs, which they should all be doing in the first place. Maintenance of CCTV cameras is as important as maintenance of the submarine fleet.

3 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

if half the cameras installed are running 2 years after they were installed i would be surprised. the transformers seem to burn out very quickly probably due to the variable mains power supply. i got a shock off one of my cameras when i was changing the angle and measured 120v off the camera housing. how does that happen when the camera is being supplied by a 12v power pack?

The incoming power is a lot higher and if the case is not earthed you can get electric shocks from the body

26 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

The nice thing about Uncle is that he is always telling his minions to do their jobs, which they should all be doing in the first place. Maintenance of CCTV cameras is as important as maintenance of the submarine fleet.

Totally agree with you. Should be checked monthly for routine maintenance but doubt if they ever are

He said he will be prioritizing surveillance cameras......So, that means what then.....? Some must work, a few can halfway work, some won't be wired, some won't have lenses, some only work in specific areas....?  What...WHAT...?

Then buy some that are not cheap rip offs or copy's. The UK has the most in the world and they are used in successful in prosecutions. Oh I forgot you have to fill your pockets on kickbacks so QUALITY ones are not within the local budget.

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

Very good Khun Prayuth .....  :wai:    we all love you ...  You have bought stability and security back into Thailand.

Related image

You are very wrong Steven very, very wrong.....

I am still not sure if you have us all on a bite or whether you were actually dropped on the head as a child

9 minutes ago, mark131v said:

You are very wrong Steven very, very wrong.....

I am still not sure if you have us all on a bite or whether you were actually dropped on the head as a child

"Let me put it this way ....

before there was lawlessness,  road blocks,  protests, airport closures, shootings, bombings, killings, fighting amongst parties, and general anarchy.

Now that the Junta have stepped in this has all stopped so there is no more lawlessness ... it's controlled and Thailand cannot work a democracy unless someone with a high authority is in power.  It may not seem right by you but it's better than the previous.  Also, you can still do as you generally want to day to day ... shop, drink, travel etc ... so what is wrong with that ?   or do you prefer the anarchy before   ??

I as many ....   prefer it the way it is now ....  at least it's  '  CONTROLLED '  and not the wild west as before .....    

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

"Let me put it this way ....

before there was lawlessness,  road blocks,  protests, airport closures, shootings, bombings, killings, fighting amongst parties, and general anarchy.

Now that the Junta have stepped in this has all stopped so there is no more lawlessness ... it's controlled and Thailand cannot work a democracy unless someone with a high authority is in power.  It may not seem right by you but it's better than the previous.  Also, you can still do as you generally want to day to day ... shop, drink, travel etc ... so what is wrong with that ?   or do you prefer the anarchy before   ??

I as many ....   prefer it the way it is now ....  at least it's  '  CONTROLLED '  and not the wild west as before .....    

Nope still unsure though I am erring towards a possible paediatric head injury.....

Just now, mark131v said:

Nope still unsure though I am erring towards a possible paediatric head injury.....

sorry ....  I think Thailand is better with Khun Prayuth in charge.

You must prefer lawlessness , protests, roadblocks and general mayhem ...

Hey ... thats your choice ...  :smile:

56 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I think Thailand is better with Khun Prayuth in charge.

You must prefer lawlessness , protests, roadblocks and general mayhem

The only reason these things occurred was because the police and army did not do their job.  They allowed these breakdowns then instigated a coup for their own benefit.  The violence, on the whole, was quite small given the circumstances.  The Thai people are well behaved.  Your exaggerations are insulting to the average Thai.  Prayuth has done nothing for the country

For you:  Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.  Ben Franklin. 

4 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

the cameras are powered by a plug in 12v transformer.  fact they were putting out 120v is concerning.

The 12v is derived from mains power so it appears but conclusive that you have a short between primary and secondary not necessarily in the transformer but could be due to a lack of earth in the building

18 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

The 12v is derived from mains power so it appears but conclusive that you have a short between primary and secondary not necessarily in the transformer but could be due to a lack of earth in the building

the transformer is putting out 120v. my friend is an electrician (a real one) he tested the voltage with a multi meter. the camera is on a plastic mount, no earth as it is supposed to be extra low voltage.

On 2017-6-9 at 2:51 PM, williamgeorgeallen said:

The power supply or power adaptor is probable leaky because of bad design or poor quality.

This leakage can allow the primary voltage (120 volts) to connect to the secondary (normally 12 volts).

The 120 volt leakage could be small, giving a tingle to someone connecting the device through them, to an earth.

Or if its a large current and over 30 milliamps, kill you.

The earth does not have to be a physical earth, a persons body can provide enough capacitance to allow more than 30 milliamps to flow.

This appears to be the case when a faulty (leaky) adaptor is connected to a mobile phone and kills the person holding the phone.

The main reason all metal appliances should be earthed and using 3 pins to connect the devices.

Adaptors that are usually encased in plastic and should have the primary and secondary insulated from each other, twice for safety.

But we know many manufacturers take shortcuts, and to them, price is more important than product reliability and safety.

Man that could be a good business to startup. Get a contract and repair CCTV cameras. Never out of work. Check them out ..clean the lenses....replace broken units. Never ending job etc.