Trump says Comey not telling truth, willing to respond under oath

rooster59

1 hour ago, dutchisaan said:

What the Heck is your ranting about? Did I mention anything about Islamic terrorist?

You better start learning to read before you answer a post. And btw, only the trumpeteers think his visit was a big success, probably as big as his hands.

Thank you for your kind words.  I am able to read and understand what you wrote and am fully aware that you did not mention terrorists, I did, which is in direct relationship to your statement of a bigger problem existing there.

So is not the existence of terrorists the biggest problem gripping that part of the world and elsewhere, therefore if he was able to curtail this to some extent, which he did, then his visit was a success. It's a shame that somewhere you did not learn how to be civil and understand that the manner in which you elect to respond says a lot about you.   Please have a good night. :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Thank you for your kind words.  I am able to read and understand what you wrote and am fully aware that you did not mention terrorists, I did, which is in direct relationship to your statement of a bigger problem existing there.

So is not the existence of terrorists the biggest problem gripping that part of the world and elsewhere, therefore if he was able to curtail this to some extent, which he did, then his visit was a success. It's a shame that somewhere you did not learn how to be civil and understand that the manner in which you elect to respond says a lot about you.   Please have a good night. :wai:

Wow! Trump curtailed terrorism in the mideast? You mean because some nations got together and said they would unite to fight terrorism?

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

Wow! Trump curtailed terrorism in the mideast? You mean because some nations got together and said they would unite to fight terrorism?

Oh you're back are you?  Did I say curtailed completely, no, so not a wow for you.  What happened to Qatar following his trip?  And yes because he was able to get certain nations to make a commitment but just keep on keeping on if it makes you happy.:wai:

12 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Oh you're back are you?  Did I say curtailed completely, no, so not a wow for you.  What happened to Qatar following his trip?  And yes because he was able to get certain nations to make a commitment but just keep on keeping on if it makes you happy.:wai:

And of course if Saudi Arabia and some other Muslim nations say that the embargo on Qatar is about terrorism, then that must be the case.

8 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Hilarious.  We all know that Trump likes to take credit for things he didn't do.  But he really doesn't have to do that.  His loonie supporters will do it for him. 

16 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

If you think that Trump has any sway whatsoever then I am afraid you are sadly misinformed.  He is considered by the outside world as being a fool and an imbecile.  Hope that was polite enough response. :wink:

There was this really fascinating article about how this exchange:

HIRONO: So if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory, yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that "we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it." But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

was turned by the right wing press into this:

Comey said under oath that Trump did not ask him to halt any investigation - 5/8/17 #ComeyMemo

From thus it went to fox news. gotnews.co, infowars and Rush Limbaugh. And now this lie is firmly established as a fact in the right's alternative version of reality.
You can read the carefully documented details here:

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

No. I'm not an American. I have no rights to vote in America. I thought that would be clear.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Your original statement implied that you are an American. I don't know how it could have been interpreted otherwise.

But wait - maybe you like alternative facts.

Just now, dunroaming said:

If you think that Trump has any sway whatsoever then I am afraid you are sadly misinformed.  He is considered by the outside world as being a fool and an imbecile.  Hope that was polite enough response. :wink:

That's three of you, any more what to offer their undying love of the POTUS.  Oh how silly of me, that word is opposite of hate and would not be in the vocabulary.:wai:

7 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

That's three of you, any more what to offer their undying love of the POTUS.  Oh how silly of me, that word is opposite of hate and would not be in the vocabulary.:wai:

I love many things about America (most of them are edible)  but I hate to see the country being destroyed by a madman in the Whitehouse.  Hope that is clear enough for you.

12 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I love many things about America (most of them are edible)  but I hate to see the country being destroyed by a madman in the Whitehouse.  Hope that is clear enough for you.

Yeah right. Give me a break with this rubbish.  It is easy to write words but so much harder to back them up.  Anything that is dished up I find less than clear as it is clouded by hatred.:wai:

40 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Being under oath and testifying  in a court of law means a great deal.  Doesn't have anything to do with the person testifying.  They're all subject to the law of the respective court. 

See my earlier post.

He believes his own lies, so 'under oath' does not add anything, nor would a lie detector.

Your original statement implied that you are an American. I don't know how it could have been interpreted otherwise.
But wait - maybe you like alternative facts.

It was never my intention to suppose to be an American. I thought my English would be too bad anyway....

However, there is a good chance Trump will repeale FATCA. I'm sure many Americans abroad hate FATCA.

Lying under oath is perjury; that is the difference.

Comey is obviously telling the truth. trump can probably get away with lying under oath if there is no smoking gun evidence saying otherwise. Comey being massively more credible wouldn't be enough.

1 hour ago, Si Thea01 said:

Yeah right. Give me a break with this rubbish.  It is easy to write words but so much harder to back them up.  Anything that is dished up I find less than clear as it is clouded by hatred.:wai:

Which bit is rubbish?  It may be clouded in your view but it is crystal clear in mine.  You think that Trump is credible and I think that he isn't.  I suggest you carry on with your opinion of him and I will continue with mine and eventually time will tell who is correct.

It would appear that Trump's son, Donald Jr., seems to think that he did tell Comey to stop the investigation:

“You and I both know my father a long time. When he tells you to do something, guess what, there’s no ambiguity in it. There’s no, ‘Hey, I’m hoping.’ You and I are friends, ‘Hey, hope this happens but you get to do your job.’ That’s what he told Comey.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-jr-appears-contradict-fathers-claim-never-told-comey-hoped-fbi-director-end-flynn-probe-165840195.html

On 6/10/2017 at 10:40 PM, Rob13 said:

You're mistaken. Not loyal to the pres, loyal to his job/duties.   For God and Country and all that Boy Scout stuff.

FBI needs to be objective, they can't do that if they're blinded by a misplaced loyalty.

The sleaze in the WH wants to be dictator.... plain and simple. He doesn't ascribe to democracy or rule of law.  He does not care or even want to have any acknowledgement of Russia's role in his election, b/c his fragile ego can't handle the truth. That's why he is a pathological liar.... he's afraid of facts/truth. He must be removed from office. He (45) is like cancer.

7 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Which bit is rubbish?  It may be clouded in your view but it is crystal clear in mine.  You think that Trump is credible and I think that he isn't.  I suggest you carry on with your opinion of him and I will continue with mine and eventually time will tell who is correct.

if I need to highlight the rubbish then it is not really crystal clear is it?  Your last sentence is one thing we can agree on and gee, all this came about without any one, including the POTUS, being denigrated.  Well done.:wai:

20 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Everything you mentioned is upon his personal behavior or very vague. You forgot to mention his haircut by the way.

But yes, you asked me to forgive you. Sure, no problem. I forgive you.

It's Sunday and I'm in Laos. Peace.

How typical. You have successfully demonstrated the complete vacuousness of the stereotypical trumpette, and the entire intent of the post just flew right over your head. I hope you didn't catch a cold from the downdraft.

If you go back and reread the post, I wasn't talking about Trump. I was talking about how your ability to so casually and unthinkingly support a man who is guilty of all of the things I listed is a direct reflection on your individual character. And just for the record, one's personal behavior necessarily informs their performance of their responsibilities.

And yes, his haircut sucks.

12 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

Being under oath and testifying  in a court of law means a great deal.  Doesn't have anything to do with the person testifying.  They're all subject to the law of the respective court. 

You are correct in your assertion that they both mean a great deal. However, given that perjury is committed endlessly in U. S. courts, it very much does have a lot to do with the person testifying. Yes, every individual who testifies under oath is subject to the law. However, their being subject to that law and that law being enforced are often two very separate and distinct things. Ergo, back to the person testifying and their willingness to obey that law, which Trump has demonstrated countless times that he is not, as the court transcripts quoted in this article vividly illustrate: http://www.newsweek.com/mr-speaker-stop-trump-let-gop-lose-election-489797.

20 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Comey is a sad guy who got fired. Angry at the world. Grandstander who's head got too big for himself. Trump was right to get rid of him. 

You forgot "showboat"

Didn't you get the full talking points memo?

14 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

And virtualy everthing Trump has done or proposed has been condemned by Sanders. And still you support Trump.

Careful, buddy. You don't wanna short circuit that cognitively dissonant brain. There's only so much pretzeling an aging expat can do.