Phuket security ramped up by official order

rooster59

Phuket security ramped up by official order 

The Phuket News

1497122802_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong has passed on an order for all police, government officials and emergency-response teams across the island to increase security measures and remain vigilant for any suspicious activity, including possible car bombs.

The order, dated Friday (June 9), was also directed at all local village headmen and called for heightened surveillance at government buildings and key tourism areas, such as main tourist attractions, key ports and piers, hotels and Phuket International Airport.

The order is to remain in effect for a week and was echoed by similar orders issued in Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi and Surat Thani – but did not specify a reason for the heightened security.

Governor Norraphat pointed out that it is the government’s duty to protect people’s lives and property.

Accordingly, searches of vehicles coming onto the island at the Phuket Checkpoint at Tha Chatchai are to be increased and more stringent, and CCTV is to be checked more frequently.

“Phuket is already covered well by CCTV, especially in important and risk areas. The CCTV system is linked and feeds directly to the provincial operations centre at the main office of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Phuket branch (DDPM-Phuket),” he said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-security-ramped-up-by-official-order-62529.php#fgTDuH8chlUHh5dh.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-06-11

Ramp up? Does that actually mean anything? 

Maybe officials, bib, etc will wear their extra tight pants today, couple more medals, few more beers with lunch....

I dont think any officals in phuket are capable really. Its why i moved my family out of there a long time ago. I saw the warning signs. Its a matter of time really.

15 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Phuket is already covered well by CCTV, especially in important and risk areas. The CCTV system is linked and feeds directly to the provincial operations centre at the main office of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Phuket branch (DDPM-Phuket),” he said.

If that's the case surely they should know when a camera isn't working and get it fixed. Doesn't seem to happen too often though.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

If that's the case surely they should know when a camera isn't working and get it fixed. Doesn't seem to happen too often though.

Its going to be all ok from now on because the PM has announced a crackdown on non working cctv cameras. I sense some analogue adjustment for all those failed cameras for deframing the countrys reputation and causing a security threat to the incomes of high ranking Phuket officials.

2 hours ago, tomwct said:

Anybody know what happened to those charged in the Bridge Club in Pattaya?

Last I saw was that they were waiting to go to trial.

Elderly foreigner expats arrested at the Pattaya Bridge Club in February still face a lengthy legal ordeal until a Thai court finally adjudicates on the case. The 32 Bridge players are still technically on police bail.

http://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2016/04/22/pattaya-bridge-club-raid-thailand-thai-police/