where to get a chest xray in chiang mai and what is the cost?

P4K

Im a 23 year old guy and im hoping its nothing serious but been having chest pain after a couple years of a lot of cigarette smoking so I'd like to check up on it and wish to do a chest xray. How do I go about this and what would the price be? Also while I'm at it I think I might as well do a full body check up since I havent gotten one in over 3 years, same question how and how much? thanks for answers in advance 

Not quite your required answer

but Chest X ray top government hospital Chulalongkorn Bangkok cost 200 bhatt two weeks ago, so has to be a guideline for you

Maybe govt hospital in ChangMai, have the Xray and ask them about full check up

Of course you have many private hospitals to choose from BUT at a very different cost

Chest X-rays are dirt cheap....just a couple hundred baht....get them done in any govt or private hospital and many clinics.   A complete check (blood tests, chest X-ray, EKG, physician exam, etc) can vary quite a bit between hospitals..especially at private hospital compared to govt hospital.   My annual exam at a private hospital here in western Bangkok costs approx Bt2,500 (blood/lab work, chest x-ray, EKG, physician exam).   I'm sure at a govt hospital it would be significantly less.

Of course if you go to some 5 star combo hotels-hospitials like Bumrangrad  in Bangkok their checkups range from Bt10K to Bt30K...very pricy.

Keep in mind...a chest X-Ray is only as good as the radiologist reading it.  Getting a x-ray done at the cheapest venue and having it read by an unskilled radiologist or technician is as hazardous to your health as the smoking.  Stories abound of persons who have discovered too late that they have a dangerous condition despite being cleared by a poorly read x-ray.

You've got the right idea to get one but please don't let cost determine your choice of where to have it done and read.  Go to a decent teaching hospital

Chest Xrays are part of all standard check up packages. However, a simple chest Xray is not a good way to screen for lung cancer; for that, low dose CT scan is reocmmended. Not usually done in people as young as you, however, as lung cancer usually takes soem time to develop.

https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/lung/basic_info/screening.htm

Chest pain can have many causes including cardiac. I suggest you also get a stress test as well as the Xray.

You can get a check up at  pretty much any hospital. Where in Thailand are you located?

6 hours ago, howard ashoul said:

In public thai hospital is x-ray about 300 Baht.

In private between 1000 - 1500 Baht.

A chest x-ray intself should not cost 1000-1350 baht....just yesterday I got 3 x-rays in a Bangkok private hospital (Thonburi II Hospital) of my back, hips, and hands....total cost for these 3 X-rays Bt1350.

21 hours ago, dddave said:

Keep in mind...a chest X-Ray is only as good as the radiologist reading it.  Getting a x-ray done at the cheapest venue and having it read by an unskilled radiologist or technician is as hazardous to your health as the smoking.  Stories abound of persons who have discovered too late that they have a dangerous condition despite being cleared by a poorly read x-ray.

Never had a radiologist read an x-ray. It always gets read by the doctor who sanctioned the x-ray.

Chest X-rays are dirt cheap....just a couple hundred baht....get them done in any govt or private hospital and many clinics.   A complete check (blood tests, chest X-ray, EKG, physician exam, etc) can vary quite a bit between hospitals..especially at private hospital compared to govt hospital.   My annual exam at a private hospital here in western Bangkok costs approx Bt2,500 (blood/lab work, chest x-ray, EKG, physician exam).   I'm sure at a govt hospital it would be significantly less.

Of course if you go to some 5 star combo hotels-hospitials like Bumrangrad  in Bangkok their checkups range from Bt10K to Bt30K...very pricy.

2500 at private sounds very fair, any details on hospital would be very much appreciated

Sent from my HTC 10 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 hours ago, Pib said:

I had a complete checkup at the cancer hospital here in Chonburi a couple of years ago and that was 1600 baht.

I had a partial check up, bloods, X ray and ECG, at the mobile health clinic about 8 months ago and that was free.

The title of the thread indicates he's in Chiang Mai.  All of the private hospitals have "packages" where they offer health screenings that include chest x-ray, EKG, basic blood testing, etc.  The basic package should be under 5000 baht, especially at the moderately priced private hospitals like Rajavej and McCormick.  As a smoker, he may want to add on a cardiac stress test, done on a treadmill, as suggested by Sheryl.  

9 hours ago, tf6122 said:

2500 at private sounds very fair, any details on hospital would be very much appreciated

Sent from my HTC 10 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thonburi 2 Hospital in Khet Taweewattana in western Bangkok.    It's the one the wife and I use since it's close to where we live with easy parking.

http://www.thonburi2hospital.com/

The is also a larger Thonburi 1 Hospital in western Bangkok fairly close to Siriraj Hospital.  I've only drove by Thonburi 1 Hosptial to ensure I know where it's at in case we ever got referred there from Thonburi 2 which has never happened.

http://thonburihospital.com/2015_new/ 

23 hours ago, tf6122 said:

A full chest CT scan will set you back 8,000ish Baht at St Mary's in Korat. I know that might not help you directly but will give others help pricing up treatments.

Reverting to the OP, who asked about CM area, a basic check up package at Lanna Hospital is 2,380 baht inclusive of blood tests and chest Xray

http://www.lanna-hospital.com/lannahospital/htmleng/health chk1.html

Adding ion an Exercise Stress test (strongly recommend since yo uhave chest discomfort) is another 2,650.

So altogether about 5,000 baht. No appointment needed but go in the morning and don't eat or drink anything beforehand.