Isaan feast? Dog owner accuses neighbor of butchering, eating his pet

snoop1130

Isaan feast? Dog owner accuses neighbor of butchering, eating his pet

By Coconuts Bangkok 

4561.JPG

Photo: Sanook

A heartbroken dog owner in the northeast province of Kalasin filed a police report yesterday, accusing his neighbor of shooting and eating his sweet white dog “Nomkon” (condensed milk).

Yongyod Sripramai, 20, said he always took his two-year-old pooch everywhere, even when he was out farming. On Saturday, he let Nomkon run around the field, but then the dog went missing and he heard a gunshot at about 3pm.

To his terror, Yongyod found a pig farm nearby. Inside the barn, he saw white dog fur scattered all over the place, accompanied by the smell of fresh blood.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/isaan-feast-dog-owner-accuses-neighbor-butchering-eating-pet/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-6-13

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

he saw white dog fur scattered all over the place, accompanied by the smell of fresh blood.

Dogs don't have fur. And if he could smell, hard to believe, 'fresh blood' then who's to say it isn't pigs blood. In Thailand after killing a pig they pour boiling water over the body and then scrape off, with a sharp knife, the body hair. Pigs body hair is white and was probably what the dog owner  took for being dog hair (fur). Case sold. Thread closed.  :sleep:

Edited by sinbin

//You can smell blood. It has metalic smell.

In Isaan people still eat dogs (usually older males, who still lives in old times, in the villages). Women will usually refuse it with a laugh. Although it's illegal now, you can still get a dog meat. Not on the market, but if you know people who knows people... . I have eaten dogs meat and dogs livers. I told my "thai gradfather", that I would like to try it, so he got it, cooked it and then we eat it together. :sleepy: Dogs meat tastes like a rabbit. Dogs livers like a livers... .

My next door neighbour she has had 2 dogs that have went missing in the past month.She is angry at the person who took them and I said they put them on the barbecue and had a party with his mates, went down like a dead balloon.

She still has 2 though so maybe the same fate awaits them also.

On 6/13/2017 at 8:50 PM, sinbin said:

Dogs don't have fur. And if he could smell, hard to believe, 'fresh blood' then who's to say it isn't pigs blood. In Thailand after killing a pig they pour boiling water over the body and then scrape off, with a sharp knife, the body hair. Pigs body hair is white and was probably what the dog owner  took for being dog hair (fur). Case sold. Thread closed.  :sleep:

Some dogs have fur some hair. Depends on the breed.

https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advice/the-differences-between-dog-hair-and-dog-fur.html

1 hour ago, Keesters said:

Some dogs have fur some hair. Depends on the breed.

Here we're talking you general soi dog. Not some Cruft's specialty. Never mind. Nice of you to correct me.

Hair and fur are chemically indistinguishable, having the same chemical composition, and are made of keratin. The primary difference between hair and fur is the word usage. The hair of non-human mammals refers as “fur,” while humans are said to have hair. So, basically, hair is a characteristic of all mammals.

Edited by sinbin

27 minutes ago, sinbin said:

Here we're talking you general soi dog. Not some Cruft's specialty. Never mind. Nice of you to correct me.

You said "dogs" which means all dogs not some particular kind.

The hair of non-human mammals refers as “fur,” while humans are said to have hair.

Dogs = non-human = fur.

The terms fur and hair are often used interchangeably when describing a dog's coat, however in general, a double coat, e.g., like that of the Newfoundland and most mountain dogs, is referred to as a fur coat, while a single coat, like that of the Poodle, is referred to as a hair coat.

As I said can be both fur or hair.

5 hours ago, Keesters said:

You said "dogs" which means all dogs not some particular kind.

Dogs = non-human = fur.

As I said can be both fur or hair.

I'm not questioning you. I even thanked you for correcting me. Chill out.