Thai maids throwing your stuff away

Hal65

12 hours ago, Flustered said:

When people employ a maid, they should ask them selves a very simple question.

When these girls were at school and asked what they wanted to be when they left and started work, do you honestly think any of them said "I want to be a maid working for a sweaty, ungrateful farang"?

They do this so that they can put rice on their families table. No one wants to be a maid, it is just that it is the only work some of them can find.

That's the same as when people "employ" a prostitute.

When these girls were at school and asked what they wanted to be when they left and started work, do you honestly think any of them said "I want to be a prostitute working for a sweaty, ungrateful, old, fat, ugly, bald farang"? :smile:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've replaced the missing things but am now hesitant to have another cleaning done. It's either learn the language or hide the stuff that might get tossed. There is also a external closet which is high enough to be out of reach for all but the determined

1 hour ago, Flying Kiwi said:

I feel so sorry for you that you have lost so many valuable things and that you are so upset you need to tell the world about, how about you start up a GO FUND ME so that you replace the things thrown away. 

Damn life is tough

If the OP does this I will contribute 1 satang to him as it is deeply disturbing that he has lost so much.

1 hour ago, Flying Kiwi said:

I feel so sorry for you that you have lost so many valuable things and that you are so upset you need to tell the world about, how about you start up a GO FUND ME so that you replace the things thrown away. 

Damn life is tough

I agree.

To the OP.

We always leave an emergency fund behind with our Thai "family" for a just in case problem.

If you want, I will ask them to send you 100 baht.

I think you guys are overplaying the financial aspect. I know it's a satisfying interpretation if you're the type to get off on belittling others. But obviously a cheap broom being lost isn't a big deal. Having to track what is missing and buy it again is.

This thread was aimed at understanding why she threw it away in the first place. I've had maids in the US and they didn't do that so I think there's a cultural difference

Edited by Hal65

it's not the financial issue really you are not seeing the wood for the trees, it's a petty issue of missing sundry items with very little value the real issue behind the comments is simple " why would you even worry about the items" lets it go move on surely there would be more important issues in the household

Edited by Flying Kiwi

You just repeated what I said about the financial thing not mattering.

People will answer how they want but when I made this thread I thought I'd hear the farang perspective on why the Thais are a bit aggressive with tossing thiings.