PM Prayut briefs European businesspersons on Thai economic policy

webfact

PM briefs European businesspersons on Thai economic policy

BANGKOK, 15 June 2017 (NNT) – Members of the European-ASEAN Business Alliance (EABA) have paid a courtesy call on Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha and expressed support for the Thailand 4.0 policy. 

Gen Prayut received the visiting delegates of EABA who included representatives of European companies in the fields of finance and banking, dairy farming and agriculture, pharmaceuticals and cyber security technology. 

On this occasion, the Prime Minister stated that his administration is working to push forward national reform and development in accordance with global changes, with an emphasis on security, prosperity and sustainability. He also expressed determination to restructure both S-curve and new S-curve economies by introducing technology and innovation as the main economic driver under the Thailand 4.0 policy while inviting the delegates to make investment in the Eastern Economic Corridor project. 

Mr Mark van Binsbergen, head of the delegation, commended Thailand for its 4.0 policy and legal amendments to stimulate investment and increase the ease of doing business. He said European companies are willing to lend support to the creation of Thailand 4.0 as the innovation-driven policy is in agreement with their business goals. 

Moreover, the Prime Minister and the EABA delegates discussed and exchanged views on various other issues, such as the upgrade of Thai agricultural standards, energy investment by European companies, doing business with consideration to human rights, the setting of median prices of medicines and the consistency of Thai economic and investment policies.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-15

44 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

thinks he is an economic guru :saai:

As well as being a pelvic thrusting and lewd dancing guru. 

Delegates could be invited to a Thai cultural night out featuring his favourite heart-throb performer, the lovely gyrating and scantily clad Lamyai .

Edited by Cadbury

" doing business with consideration to human rights"

So his government will act to reduce exploitation of workers, whether Thai or Burmese, and will prevent activist whistle-blowers from being sued or tied-up in legal-cases for years ? :whistling:

There's still plenty-of-room for progress too, with less paperwork and hassle, from Immigration. Tourism would benefit from 90-days on-arrival, as I get from Malaysia, and scrapping of TM30-reporting & 90-day-reports, simply make it incumbent to report whenever your permanent-address changes ?

The PM has shown his willingness to cut through the red-tape, to enable the Chinese working on the new medium-speed freight-line to get to work more-easily, now please extend the same terms to everyone else ? :jap:

Edited by Ricardo

3 hours ago, webfact said:

with an emphasis on security, prosperity and sustainability.

He forgot freedom.  Must have just slipped his nimble mind.  Sounds good for the elites.  They have the above and complete freedom.  They will prosper, while others might have better luck next time. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand 4.0 policy while inviting the delegates to make investment in the Eastern Economic Corridor project. 

Who invests in a slogan ?  4.0 has already gotten very low marks.  Thai IT departments are still stealing software rather than using free software.  Only idiots do that, or people who have no clue what they are doing.  Invest ?  More like just throwing your money out the window.  What kind of returns are these investments going to produce ?

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

As well as being a pelvic thrusting and lewd dancing guru. 

Delegates could be invited to a Thai cultural night out featuring his favourite heart-throb performer, the lovely gyrating and scantily clad Lamyai .

Must have been a tough job to come up with a script of a 3 minute speech after rating videos of pelvic thrusting and lewd dancing female teenagers all day.

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

He should also mention Thailand's Zero Policy. That's what a foreigner gets with regard to control of his stake in any industry no matter the amount of investment.

Yes it's only one way here, the Thai way. Just give us your money, we will screw you one way or another in the long run.

Mr Mark van Binsbergen, head of the delegation, commended Thailand for its 4.0 policy and legal amendments to stimulate investment and increase the ease of doing business.

He must have been talking about the junta's controversial "fast-tracking" of infrastructure schemes to drive them through, irrespective of their potentially harmful effects on people and the environment. Small wonder van Rabobank Singapore CEO Binsbergen and his business cronies are so chuffed.

I love reading all you Thai knockers. Other than you stalwarts (emphasis on warts) you appear to rant that anyone gives a rats about the political situation in Thailand.

My farming neighbours, my investments in fresh water prawn and shrimp farmers, no one gives a ratys. They are doing the best they ever did since the burglars of democracy were evicted. 

You can whinge and whine all you like, you can stand on your clay pedestals. Thailand is progressing rapidly. Tourist numbers are up, exports are booming, the ports are choked with export goods.

And yet you still moan and make foolish comments. I love it, keep it up. It shows how far you are removed from reality, it shows most do not live here, may never have lived here.

It means you need a purgative, the lot of you. Meanwhile Thailand moves forward, you guys are either stuck with Trump, May or Merkel. And you pour scorn on Thai PM.

I love it, never had so many sustained belly laughs from silly posters such as you. 

13 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Must have been a tough job to come up with a script of a 3 minute speech after rating videos of pelvic thrusting and lewd dancing female teenagers all day.

Well, I guess how you used to jam with Bob Dylan (your words on another post) you know all about music and the dance moves of 18 year olds.

I think you need to find a new forum, your little white lies are tedious. Actually they are silly lies. 

11 hours ago, Lupatria said:

That's a silly lie! I never mentioned anywhere I jammed with Bob Dylan.

Really. Anyone who cares to look will see your post. I used to play guitar with Robert Zimmerman.

Be sure your sins and lying posts will find you out