90 Day reporting

I am sorry to bring up a well used topic but, I cannot find ahy relevent post in Immigration. Forbye, a search brings up 288 pages.

I got my Extension of Stay due to marriage to a Thai citizen on 9th June. No mention was made at the time of a need to report address every 90 days nor is there any mention in the stamp in my passport. Do I need to send/deliver a form TM47 to immigration every 90 days?

I apologise again for my ignorance of what must be common knowledge.

You should have a 90 day report slip in your passport usualy stapled at the back. Of not count 90 days from 9th june and thats your report date. Immigration normaly tell you you have to report 90 day on such and such date when you get your extension.But yes you must report every 90 days to your immigration office

Your first 90 day report will be due 90 days from the date your applied for the extension. If that was June 9th your report is due on September 6th.

You can do the report up to 15 days before the report date or 7 days after including that day int he count.

When immigration does the first extension not all offices will put a slip telling you when the report is due.

No notification stapled in passport. However, original application for extension was made on 26th April and granted wef 9th June Confirm date for 90 day report 26th April +90 or 9th June +90 TKS

10 hours ago, Maybole said:

No notification stapled in passport. However, original application for extension was made on 26th April and granted wef 9th June Confirm date for 90 day report 26th April +90 or 9th June +90 TKS

It will be 90 days from April 26th since that is the date you applied for the extension.

Your report is due on July 24th.

You can do the report up to 15 days early or 7 days after the report date.

6 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

@ubonjoe does Khon Kaen immigration have to send extenisions based on marriage to a higher authority or can they grant them?

It will be sent to immigration division 4 headquarters in Korat for approval.

That is why you will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from when you apply or from the date your current permit stay ends dependent upon the office. If I recall correctly KK immigration like most other offices here in the northeast will start the 30 days at the end of your permit to stay.

• Like 1

If you leave the country and re-enter with a re-entry permit before the due date for 90 day reporting, I presume the day for the 90 day reporting will shift? So, for example, 90 day reporting is due on September 1st (as noted on the slip), you leave Thailand and re-enter on August 1st, will then the first 90 day reporting afterwards be on or around November 1st?

7 minutes ago, thuisinthailand said:

If you leave the country and re-enter with a re-entry permit before the due date for 90 day reporting, I presume the day for the 90 day reporting will shift? So, for example, 90 day reporting is due on September 1st (as noted on the slip), you leave Thailand and re-enter on August 1st, will then the first 90 day reporting afterwards be on or around November 1st?

Yes, October 29 in fact (August 1 is day 1 of 90)

39 minutes ago, thuisinthailand said:

Since it is a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country if you leave on or before 90 days a report is not due.

The 90 days start again on the date you enter the country including that day.

• Like 1

Can I please piggyback on this thread with the following question:

My first ever 90 days report is (likely) to be this September. Does the first report have to be in person (doing mine at CW) or can even the first one be done by post?

15 minutes ago, DUS said:

My first ever 90 days report is (likely) to be this September. Does the first report have to be in person (doing mine at CW) or can even the first one be done by post?

You should do it in person to insure their are no problems with doing it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You should do it in person to insure their are no problems with doing it.

But would he only be able to do this at Chaengwattana as a first-timer? Or could he instead go to any of the other locations who process 90-days reports in Bangkok if more conveniently located for him?

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But would he only be able to do this at Chaengwattana as a first-timer? Or could he instead go to any of the other locations who process 90-days reports in Bangkok if more conveniently located for him?

I think it would best to do it at CW. 

I usually do my 90 day report at CW, but decided to give Big C Rat Burana Road a try for the first time this morning. Although it seemed like a bit of a mad house when I got there due to all the migrant workers and lack of seating, I was processed quickly as one of the staff was dedicated to processing 90 day reports and there was no one else in the queue for 90 day reporting ( at 11:30am). I would have been out within 5 min except for their request to fill out a Foreigner Additional Information Form which came as a bit of a surprise.

On 6/23/2017 at 3:06 PM, ubonjoe said:

Since it is a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country if you leave on or before 90 days a report is not due.

The 90 days start again on the date you enter the country including that day.

What if in the above scenario, an extension of stay for retirement was applied for and approved. Would it still be 90 days from entry or 90 days from the extension application date?

4 hours ago, CutiePi said:

What if in the above scenario, an extension of stay for retirement was applied for and approved. Would it still be 90 days from entry or 90 days from the extension application date?

An extension of stay for retirement would be granted for 365 days (or 366 days if the period spans 29th February in a leap year) from the latest "permission to stay" date stamped in your passport.

On 6/23/2017 at 3:06 PM, ubonjoe said:

The 90 days start again on the date you enter the country including that day

Edited by CutiePi
Duplicate

12 hours ago, CutiePi said:

Getting an extension does not reset the 90 days unless it is the first extension of stay application after a visa entry.

Some immigration offices do though do a new 90 day report when the extension is applied for. If you don't get a new report slip the reporting date does not change,

• Like 1