Thailand to join other countries in greenhouse gas reduction

webfact

Thailand to join other countries in greenhouse gas reduction

PNEVN600615001000801.jpg

BANGKOK, 16 June 2017 (NNT) – Thailand has stepped up cooperation with other countries to develop environmental management schemes for factories and buildings. 

Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization (Public Organization) is carrying out a project called Thailand Partnership for Market Readiness (PMR), in which the country has been granted three million US dollars in financial aid from developed nations to come up with ways to enable factories and buildings to increase energy-efficiency and lower greenhouse gas emissions. The three-year mission starts spans 2017 to 2019. 

According to TGO Director Prasertsuk Jamornman, the PMR project was initiated in February 2016 and has attracted 37 participants, including hotels, hospitals, department stores, factories and public and private agencies, with municipal organizations playing a supporting role. The TGO is to collect data on greenhouse gas emissions across the country to compile proposals for greenhouse gas control in the future.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-16

Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization (Public Organization) is carrying out a project called Thailand Partnership for Market Readiness (PMR), in which the country has been granted three million US dollars in financial aid from developed nations to come up with ways to enable factories and buildings to increase energy-efficiency and lower greenhouse gas emissions.

That represents a lot of buffets and study trips abroad!

Protecting the environment is good business.

For some.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The TGO is to collect data on greenhouse gas emissions across the country to compile proposals for greenhouse gas control in the future.

Thailand has made progress with clean air by using CNG. 

One proposal should be reforestation, as it does more than limit dirty air, it cleans it.  Africa is using elephants to reforest their lands.  Thais should do the same. 

"Thailand to join other countries in greenhouse gas reduction" 

I was curious to find the definition of Greenhouse gases. This is one definition.

A greenhouse gas is a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. This process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect. The primary greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone. Without greenhouse gases, the average temperature of Earth's surface would be about −18 °C, rather than the present average of 15 °C. In the Solar System, the atmospheres of Venus, Mars and Titan also contain gases that cause a greenhouse effect.

It should be noted from this description that without greenhouse gases the Earth's average surface temperature would drop by about 33C to minus 18C.
Is that what all life on Earth wants and needs? Who cares so long as there's a buck in it.

We are in global cooling, thanks to higher cosmic rays energy that produces clouds and increases albedo of our planet. This is why we got recently more rains in Thailand and colder weather in Europe and the U.S. As I reside in Thailand the global cooling is good. Food shortage in the world and higher food prices because of the cooling are good for Thai farmers. Weather gets much better in here though floods are nasty.

Personally, I work hard to contribute to the cooling, e.g. I've invented recently lubricants that almost eliminate friction losses. It results in 20%+ better fuel efficiency in the IC engines, for example. Anybody who wants to help and participate in tests, let me know.

As for millions of USD the TGO will find a way to spend them nicely. I have sent a few letters to the TGO by the linkedin as their website is not accepting any contacts. Let us see their interest to reduce emission of the greenhouse gasses in Thailand. 

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

"Thailand to join other countries in greenhouse gas reduction" 

I was curious to find the definition of Greenhouse gases. This is one definition.

A greenhouse gas is a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. This process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect. The primary greenhouse gases in Earth's atmosphere are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone. Without greenhouse gases, the average temperature of Earth's surface would be about −18 °C, rather than the present average of 15 °C. In the Solar System, the atmospheres of Venus, Mars and Titan also contain gases that cause a greenhouse effect.

It should be noted from this description that without greenhouse gases the Earth's average surface temperature would drop by about 33C to minus 18C.
Is that what all life on Earth wants and needs? Who cares so long as there's a buck in it.

Earth vs. the atmospheres of Venus, Mars and Titan is not comparative. Earth greenhouse effect historically has been due to water vapor that is globally recycled to produce both warming and cooling. But in the last 100 years the Earth has begun to be contaminated by CO2 and Methane gas contamination arising from human industrial pollution; CO2 and methane are not recyclable. 

Though Thailand is relying more on CNG for electrical generation that results in lower polluting emissions, it is also planning to build more coal-fired power plants - effectively reversing any net reduction in damaging green house gases.

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Earth vs. the atmospheres of Venus, Mars and Titan is not comparative. Earth greenhouse effect historically has been due to water vapor that is globally recycled to produce both warming and cooling. But in the last 100 years the Earth has begun to be contaminated by CO2 and Methane gas contamination arising from human industrial pollution; CO2 and methane are not recyclable. 

Though Thailand is relying more on CNG for electrical generation that results in lower polluting emissions, it is also planning to build more coal-fired power plants - effectively reversing any net reduction in damaging green house gases.

I found this story interesting. In the likely event you don't believe it please don't blame me. I didn't write it.

https://www.therebel.media/_hole_in_the_ozone_layer_hoax_global_warming

21 hours ago, Oleg57 said:

We are in global cooling, thanks to higher cosmic rays energy that produces clouds and increases albedo of our planet. This is why we got recently more rains in Thailand and colder weather in Europe and the U.S. As I reside in Thailand the global cooling is good. Food shortage in the world and higher food prices because of the cooling are good for Thai farmers. Weather gets much better in here though floods are nasty.

Personally, I work hard to contribute to the cooling, e.g. I've invented recently lubricants that almost eliminate friction losses. It results in 20%+ better fuel efficiency in the IC engines, for example. Anybody who wants to help and participate in tests, let me know.

As for millions of USD the TGO will find a way to spend them nicely. I have sent a few letters to the TGO by the linkedin as their website is not accepting any contacts. Let us see their interest to reduce emission of the greenhouse gasses in Thailand. 

Please show where you got your information. Show some facts.

Your personal opinion is hard to believe.

On 6/17/2017 at 9:38 AM, aussie11950 said:

Please show where you got your information. Show some facts.

Your personal opinion is hard to believe.

Well, about contacts with TGO that has about 60 employees, I have send short messages to about a dozen of the people - no reply from them till now.You may contact me with Linkedin community to get details.Are you in?

About fuel savings. If you are interested to test I would provide you a pack of additives for free but we need an agreement that you are not going to through the chemicals or transfer them to anybody else without my approval but use them honestly to evaluate fuel savings. please, contact me oleg.kulikow(at)gmail(.)com

If in larger amounts I ask 25Thai Baht for the pack per a liter of engine oil plus cost of mailing inside Thailand just to compensate its cost  Yet, can provide for free if conditions of the test are interesting for me

As for global cooling,may I suggest you to check an YouTube channel Adapt 2030. There are a bunch of other channels on the subject but the indicated one is in my subscriptions.

Please, be more specific if you have any other questions.

Edited by Oleg57