Pick up bed cover

We have a Mitsubishi pick up and thinking about getting a cover for behind

The hard top cover that remotely goes up and down looks nice but the Mrs says they don't last long

The soft top are a lot cheaper but don't know if they're user friendly

Anyone have a recommendation cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, transam said:

Notice with the Aeroklas lid that it totally covers the bed liner edges, no water ingress...It is about 4 inches deep and has a stout inner lining, making a very ridged piece, no flapping about..:smile:

How much did it cost you installed

1 minute ago, transam said:

2009 with paint and fitting was 20,000bht..

Thankyou gives me a basic price to check the local cost with added inflation

Do you use it regularly, the mechanism i mean and has it given you any problems 

Just now, madmax2 said:

Thankyou gives me a basic price to check the local cost with added inflation

Do you use it regularly, the mechanism i mean and has it given you any problems 

No real probs, l spray the joints now and again with Sonax, but it needs the engine running to provide amps to lift the thing fully, don't know why as the engine has no probs turning over, plus the electrics for it has a 20amp fuse...Oh well...I hate auto electrics..

14 minutes ago, transam said:

No real probs, l spray the joints now and again with Sonax, but it needs the engine running to provide amps to lift the thing fully, don't know why as the engine has no probs turning over, plus the electrics for it has a 20amp fuse...Oh well...I hate auto electrics..

Thanks for the answer, same as you i hate these new auto electrics, most problem free vehicle i have ever owned was a 1993 Kia Ceres tip truck , the engine was a perkins made under license and everything else on it was basic, you changes the hot air flow from the floor to the windscreen by closing 2 flaps on the blower unit

In 200k the only repairs apart from tyres and brakes were a water pump and 2 uni joints

Never broke down and was used commercially all the time i had it, certainly not fancy but very reliable and cheap to run 

9 hours ago, transam said:

My Aeroklas lid is now 8 years old....I have seen the soft ones eaten away by the sun...

Photo-0370.jpg.00e06d7cdcbd64fa460a4a0cc25faa6a.jpg

Photo-0012.jpg.a520247ba77997ec8abf91297231cf80.jpg

Tyre pressure looks a little low Trans.

Better check them in the morning.

While you're at it, give her a clean too!

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, transam said:

Has it always been like that?

I have a 5 year old Triton with a SuperUp lid - similar to yours. The underside is padded and has a switchable light underneath (presumably for passengers as I have never used it :smile:). Mine still works fully from inside or outside without the engine running but have had in the past annoying occurrences where it refused to open.........

The problem was intermittent and eventually (last year sometime) I had it properly checked out and found that part of the cable running to the battery was completely dead/corroded or whatever. They cut that out and has been ok since.

OP that seems a good price as mine was 30k back then :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, transam said:

59448cb21f090_blownvigo.jpg.bf0ff4470ee33929a3e76a9ea2bdd15f.jpg

I don;t know how A cappuccino cafe machine  on your hood will improve your tire pressure, but it certainly improves it's looks, and make driving in Thailand more enjoyable.

I usually close my eyes when driving so I don't see all the scary  Sh#* around me but with one of these things I will not have too.:tongue:

Having the same cover as transam fitted in carryboy brand painted to match the vehicle for 27K
about the same price if you include inflation in the price
2 weeks wait as it comes from Bangkok

You get it shipped from bkk then who fits it?
Who did u order from and any idea if they do ones for a hilux ?
Cheers

10 hours ago, Alantct said:

You get it shipped from bkk then who fits it?
Who did u order from and any idea if they do ones for a hilux ?
Cheers

Hongkee on the bypass road are shipping it from Bangkok not me, we have a hilux

They can order one for just about any model truck

Gave them a 5k deposit

On the LHS heading south at the beginning of the tesco lotus underpass

You need to negotiate a price

Lots of different models , the one we ordered  was SMX

• 10 months later...

Archived