Access Internet From Pc Via Mobile Phone

Maestro

I have read on several occasions posts of members who access the Internet using their GPRS-enabled Bluetooth phones as a modem. Now I am in the situation where I also need to do this occasionally and I need help in setting it up.

My hardware:

Laptop computer with Bluetooth

Mobile phone, DTAC pre-paid package, with Bluetooth and GPRS

I have tested Internet access directly from the phone and it works. The laptop and mobile phone are paired for the Bluetooth connection. What I need to do now is set up a new modem connection on the laptop and because it goes via GPRS I understand that in lieu of a dial-up phone number I need a code starting with an asterisk (*), a user name and a password. I tried to get this information from DTAC, was given the number 02 202 7777 to call, was transferred, held waiting, then disconnected.

Would anyone using DTAC GPRS for Internet access from a PC or PDA please give me information on how to set up this connection?

--

Maestro

hello, here are the instructions for setting up your connection, basically, no log in , no password, phone number is *99#, and you need to enter a modem init string.......11. Select 'Bluetooth Modem'. Click 'Properties' and 'Advanced'. In the 'Extra initialization commands' box enter:

+cgdcont=1, "IP", "www.dtac.co.th" http://www.crushdepth.net/modules/news/art...comment77