Opportunity or Thrift shops

threefurryfaces

19 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

Where did all the sellers of the weekend  Klong Thom market in Chinatown get "relocated"

it was always fun to check out the junk people would try and sell.....and often I would buy :)

Next to Central Rattanatibet is a huge 2nd hand market. It's especially in the weekends after 5 pm and all night long. 

And i discovered some more markets like that but don't know the streetnames. There are new markets being built in the subs or they extend the older markets.

I have never come across a "thrift" shop in Thailand.

When I have all sorts of stuff to give away from cloths, furniture etc., I simply leave it on the Soi beside one of those blue bins where it can be seen.

It's nearly always taken away within 30 mins. Those people who collect the "plastics" from the bins are more than delighted. Even a broken TV or anything of that nature can be dismantled to make some money for them.

I have used a place called Second Chance for years.....on their website you can request a pick-up date and they will arrange pick-up at your building. I just leave labeled bag with security guard in my building. Very convenient to use.