Sexy dancer "Lamyai" who annoyed the general says poverty is what drives her

webfact

6 minutes ago, smtsetup said:

I am rather fed up with Thai people justifying just about any kind of behaviour with poverty. "My mother just got in an accident and is in hospital, can you send me 3000 THB?" "Our buffalo just died, can you send me 3000 THB?" "I go with customers because I must send money to my grandmother taking care of my baby. 90% of my income is spent partying in Insomnia and other clubs in the Walking street though, but let us not talk about that now.."

"Poverty is a terrible thing", sure it is. In a country with fruits growing on trees all year round this just does not sound quite right.

The sex-pat has spoken

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, douglasspade said:

And she probably has a Ya-Ba addiction too ... as so many street people in Bangkok. Not being nasty, just saying. Feeling sorry. Little bit.

So you should after that amazing speculation.I hope she sues you.

14 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard the "help my family" excuse, I'd have enough money to help my family. 

There is a difference between a reason and an excuse. She is not trying to excuse her behaviour as she does not think of it as bad. She is just giving one of a number of reasons for doing it. Unlike Western countries, it is not acceptable in many countries, including Thailand, to allow your family to wallow in poverty while you are earning well. 

Here we have a lass who's is hard working, smart and articulated and someone

want to cover her up.. why? has she offended anyone by aching a decent living

for her and her family, isn't enough 'covering' going around here

and not the Lamyai kinds?....

She is hardly from the right background to "have money" now is she?

If the ruling class can't take it away from her and her family (I'll bet they are working on that one) then the least they can do is stop her from earning so much.

Unfortunately that process has probably rather backfired hasn't it.

She had better tread carefully - they will be watching for anything to bring her dpwn...

6 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

Funny thing is probably little to none of it is going to the family. Maybe to the boyfriend or the shoe/handbag shop, but probably not to the family.

You're just jealous

8 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard the "help my family" excuse, I'd have enough money to help my family. 

30 minutes ago, smtsetup said:

I am rather fed up with Thai people justifying just about any kind of behaviour with poverty. "My mother just got in an accident and is in hospital, can you send me 3000 THB?" "Our buffalo just died, can you send me 3000 THB?" "I go with customers because I must send money to my grandmother taking care of my baby. 90% of my income is spent partying in Insomnia and other clubs in the Walking street though, but let us not talk about that now.."

"Poverty is a terrible thing", sure it is. In a country with fruits growing on trees all year round this just does not sound quite right.

Thank you.  Any chance of up-grading from 17th century morality?

8 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

Some people do it really for their family.

Maybe you understand it if you lost everything and be stranded in Thailand. 

The great social welfare in this country let you understand it very well if you are in need and your embassy give a shit about it.

Only the family!!!

Edited by snowgard

48 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Thank you.  Any chance of up-grading from 17th century morality?

I do not know if the people in this country have this attitude since the 17th century or even longer. Whether that long or a more modern development, I sure hope they will have a chance to upgrade their way of thinking. "Up to you", as the Thais often say. It is their choice.

1 hour ago, smtsetup said:

You are the Judge, Jury, and hangman, 

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Here we have a lass who's is hard working, smart and articulated and someone

want to cover her up.. why? has she offended anyone by aching a decent living

for her and her family, isn't enough 'covering' going around here

and not the Lamyai kinds?....

She certainly is articulated - I've seen her trewk.

2 hours ago, douglasspade said:

And she probably has a Ya-Ba addiction too ... as so many street people in Bangkok. Not being nasty, just saying. Feeling sorry. Little bit.

And you probably have an IQ smaller than your shoe size ... as so many people that are looked for by their village. Not being nasty, just saying. Feeling sorry. Little bit.

9 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Making a living through sexy dancing = bad and immoral

Making god knows how much and stealing from the poor through lying, deceit and corruption = Okay, just don't talk about it even though everyone knows it's happening. 

I'm glad everyone understands my culture and it isn't unique. 

Yes,it isn't unique. Wouldn't be Islam would it ? Under Sharia law, you should be demanding that she be stoned, shouldn't you?  

9 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Making a living through sexy dancing = bad and immoral

Making god knows how much and stealing from the poor through lying, deceit and corruption = Okay, just don't talk about it even though everyone knows it's happening. 

I'm glad everyone understands my culture and it isn't unique. 

I don't understand your culture, because it sounds a bit like Islam

Shouldn't you be demanding that she be stoned?

10 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

my my , i will give you some nickles not repeat what is a western way of looking at a Asian problem we created ..... 

and to get back to topic...this is their country, their people, their culture, their rules.....

they are free to do what they deem fit without foreign interference or long expired colonist dogma's...

should it be the chesty cuties in the Nana Plaza floors or the PM's views on twerky twerky cuties, they are free to do what they feel....open up and chill down a bit guys...:burp:this is the 21st century...colonies are far back, christian croisades long forgotten...and those wishing to preach views close to muslim extremism can ask for asylum in any correlated country far behind....

we are guests in this lovely country, and those who hate it, just leave it....no point in arguing for years?

Edited by observer90210