Phuket's Mai Khao Beach disgraced in social media

snoop1130

Phuket's Mai Khao Beach disgraced in social media

Winai Sarot

1_2017620135553562_DYEaCpejQOAEBeyKKRSuptwXpxTlNmzRLErOtVxK_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- Governor Norraphat Plodthong is demanding fast action from officials in Sirinat National Park over a stream of complaints from tourists and local villagers about an accumulation of 'huge' amounts of trash on the beach at the threshold to the runway at Phuket International Airport.

Access to that stretch of beach is through Soi Mai Khao 4, next to the Grand West Sands Resort, where guests and local residents have been complaining loudly on social media. 

The plaintiffs have been insisting that government officers take action since the area has become a popular 'selfie spot' for tourists wishing to be seen with airplanes landing or taking off in the background. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phukets-Mai-Khao-Beach-disgraced-social-media/66711?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-6-20

just looks like a photo taken at random anywhere in Thailand.

I live in a trendy part of Hua Hin and there is trash everywhere.

The air, land and sea is polluted and the tap water is light brown and smells horrible.

Thais like to think they are clean because they take lots of showers but they are not. Their country is a pigsty.

Edited by NCC1701A

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

The air, land and sea is polluted and the tap water is light brown and smells horrible.

Thais like to think they are clean because they take lots of showers but they are not. Their country is a pigsty.

There was an story a couple of months ago where thais blamed farangs for all the garbage and pollution around the country.  Thais respect the environment and would do anything to harm it.

What I seen happen around my area is once one bag of trash gets fly tipped anywhere it becomes a recognized tipping point and is soon a pile of garbage.

One land owner just round the corner had to put up a barbed wire fence and no tipping signs to stop the locals using his land.

A landowner near my house put up a barbed wire fence and notices but last night four men unloaded a large quantity of garden waste, threw it over the fence and set fire to it. Until the police follow up incidents like this on tip offs nothing will change. 

As an aside I did not get involved. I value my life.

4 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

If the cap fits..........

Ah! I recognise a common saying or expression!

Would you be so kind as to explain that wondrously obscure comment, but with reference to this particular context, please?

Thank you so much.

Edited by robsamui

On 6/21/2017 at 0:38 AM, NCC1701A said:

I take it you have newer been to Cambodia then? The whole country is literally living in their own filth.

Thailand (at least most of the the main roads, towns etc, not taking about vacant lots etc) is REMARKABLY clean, except for the beaches. The towns are waaaay cleaner than Berlin, for example.

Just back from a few days in DaNang Vietnam,beautiful beach,clear water,no rubbish on beach,

friendly people, many hotels been built,can see huge competition,for Thailand and its beaches, 

in the future.only thing is the money,you think you are spending a fortune on something and its 

only couple 100 THB, too many 000000's

regards worgeordie