Non-o marriage visa Vientiane Loas - Do you need to prove funds for 90day?

ozzmanrocks

Hi my situation is my current non-b visa will expire this Sunday 25th June, so need to get across the boarder. I'm going to apply for a Non-o marriage visa. My original plan was to travel to Savannakhet and get a non-o multiple entry, therefore every 90 days I would have to cross a boarder. I was going to take this option as I don't have 400,000 Baht. But lucky for me I have just come into some money and will be receiving the 400,000Baht within the next 2 weeks. Therefore I would prefer to go to Vientiane this weekend and apply for a 90 day non-o single entry marriage visa there, while I wait for the money to come. Then let the money transfer into a Thai Bank account in my name leave it for 2 months and then within the last 30 days of my 90 day non-o I can go to immigration in Chiang Mai and apply for the 1 year non-o and not has the hassle of crossing the boarder ever 90 days.

My question is do you need to show proof of 400K when you originally apply for the 90day non-o marriage visa in Vientiane? As I currently don't have the money in my account. I have tried to contact the embassy in Laos but failed to be able to actually talk to someone. I know i need, my wife's ID card, tabien ban, marriage certificate, pictures, application form and 2000Baht. But on the automated message at the Thai Embassy in Laos it also says copy of bank statement. This is what I'm confused about. I thought that the proof of fiances was done when you extended the visa in Chiang Mai not in Loas. Do I have to show them in Vientiane proof of 400K in my bank when I apply or just provide a current bank statement? 

If anyone has experience with this matter I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks so much!  (hope this all makes sense)

12 minutes ago, ozzmanrocks said:

My question is do you need to show proof of 400K when you originally apply for the 90day non-o marriage visa in Vientiane?

No you don't. They do not ask for financial proof to get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

The copies of your wife's tambien ban registry and ID card must be signed by her.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No you don't. They do not ask for financial proof to get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

The copies of your wife's tambien ban registry and ID card must be signed by her.

Thanks so much Ubonjoe, that is music to my ears. I just wasn't sure as I know there is no need to prove financial requirements in Savannakhet but I wasn't sure about Vientiane. Am I correct in thinking that all of the financial requirements are only requested at Immigration in Chiang Mai, when I apply for the non-o 1 year marriage visa (or I think otherwise referred to as non-o visa extension)? And you can apply for this anytime within the last 30 days of the original 90 day non-o acquired in Vientiane?

I was unsure as on an automated message that I got through to at the Embassy it stated bring a copy on your bank statements. Maybe that is only applicable with a different type of Non-O and not the marriage Non-O? I really don't know, but as long as I don't have to prove the financial requirement this coming Monday morning and I can do that in 90 days time in Chiang Mai - I'm a happy man!

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my message, it's really appreciated!

11 hours ago, Lizard2010 said:

you realise you have to be have to cross a boarder before the 25th

Hi Lizard 2010, it's actually Monday the 26th and I will cross the boarder on Sunday the 25th and spend one the night in Laos so I'm at the Embassy in Vientiane for Monday morning. Sorry I wrote the wrong date; they stamped the 26th in my passport at Chiang Mai Immigration when I cancelled my current visa. I was just unsure of if I needed to prove the funds at Vientiane as I don't yet have the money in my bank. And I would prefer to travel to Vientiane than Savanakhet as it's closer to Chiang Mai.

Thanks very much for your concern and message.