Does Grand Palace opens around Khao Phansa Holiday?

Jeri R

-Khaosan Rd. - probably no alcohol served; otherwise normal.

-Public events - nothing that I know of; temples are busier than usual, with Thai devotees there to pray or meditate

-Grand Palace - likely closed, but that is a guess on my part. This is a two-day Buddhist holiday for the government sector, so presumably is considered one of the most important holidays in the year. The private sector only get the first day of the two as a holiday.

3 minutes ago, allane said:

-Khaosan Rd. - probably no alcohol served; otherwise normal.

-Public events - nothing that I know of; temples are busier than usual, with Thai devotees there to pray or meditate

-Grand Palace - likely closed, but that is a guess on my part. This is a two-day Buddhist holiday for the government sector, so presumably is considered one of the most important holidays in the year. The private sector only get the first day of the two as a holiday.

Thanks Allane

I see Khao Phansa Day is on 9-10 July, how about on 11-12 July?

Does Grand Palace opens?

Also a guess: the Grand Palace is probably open on the 8th and 9th (Sat. & Sun.), and closed on the 10th and 11th (Mon. and Tues.) I don't think it will be closed for four days. 

For whatever it may be worth: the website of BKK Tours says "open 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon on the 8th and 9th"; no mention of any closures on the 1oth or 11th. You should go in the morning anyway; in my opinion it is too hot after about 10:00 a.m.

Edited by allane

7 hours ago, allane said:

Also a guess: the Grand Palace is probably open on the 8th and 9th (Sat. & Sun.), and closed on the 10th and 11th (Mon. and Tues.) I don't think it will be closed for four days. 

For whatever it may be worth: the website of BKK Tours says "open 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon on the 8th and 9th"; no mention of any closures on the 1oth or 11th. You should go in the morning anyway; in my opinion it is too hot after about 10:00 a.m.

Thanks allane, it helps me alot ??