OnePlus 5, anyone getting one? If yes, where?

I am very tempted getting this phone because of the dual rear cameras, wide angle & 2X zoom.

This phone has some very serious specs: 6 or 8 GB RAM depending of which ROM you chooses and the latest possessor also used in top-end Samsung models.

The low spec model will likely be enough for me and read on-line will cost just under 500$.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/oneplus-5-review

A bit worried about the dodgy wi-fi.

Same owner as Oppo & Vivo but a very small sub branch developing the OnePlus phones aiming at getting as much bang for your buck as possible.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/19/15827240/oneplus-5-camera-launch-china-exclusive

Does anybody here know if it will be sold here by any official dealer? If yes, at what price?

Well not in a hurry since I am overseas working right now and will first be back in LOS in August.

I am very tempted getting this phone because of the dual rear cameras, wide angle & 2X zoom.

This phone has some very serious specs: 6 or 8 GB RAM depending of which ROM you chooses and the latest possessor also used in top-end Samsung models.

The low spec model will likely be enough for me and read on-line will cost just under 500$.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/oneplus-5-review

A bit worried about the dodgy wi-fi.

Same owner as Oppo & Vivo but a very small sub branch developing the OnePlus phones aiming at getting as much bang for your buck as possible.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/19/15827240/oneplus-5-camera-launch-china-exclusive

Does anybody here know if it will be sold here by any official dealer? If yes, at what price?

Well not in a hurry since I am overseas working right now and will first be back in LOS in August.

I recommend treemobile.com

https://facebook.com/Treemobilembk/

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Have read a few reviews about this phone and is proving difficult to fault it !
It's main strength is the price against Apple and Samsung with similar specs.
I've got an iPhone 7 Plus so no real need for me to change but when my phone becomes out of date ( I know, shortly after it was launched I hear you say !! ), I will take a look at One Plus .

For a company only 4 years old they are making some remarkable advances .

I've got an iPhone 7 Plus so no real need for me to change but when my phone becomes out of date ( I know, shortly after it was launched I hear you say !! ), I will take a look at One Plus .

Yes right as they were doing the presentation at launch. It was mostly out of date. [emoji16]

Probably best to wait a month or two before purchasing, assuming you can really find one here. Let the early adopters sort out all the issues, and identify any potential big problems (heat, battery, combustion, etc.).

The phone is really a world phone (w/ dual nano-SIM) and supports some ~ 30 bands, although not all the LTE bands in the U.S. (not that that matters unless you actually live there), visitors can use the usual pre-paid/MVNO bands.

The hardware is impressive, and most rave about the Oxygen OS (sort of a stock Android 7.1.1-based custom ROM with a lot of features). They put a lot of effort into the camera on this model (bokeh), with somewhat mixed results, based on the ~ 8 reviews I watched yesterday.

16,000 THB seems low; the OnePlus 3T is still available here and ranges from 13,800 (64 GB) to 17,000 (128 GB/midnight black). The Xiaomi Mi6 is 17,500 - 19.500 here now, for comparison.

Still no real official distribution/service here, AFAIK.

Edited by mtls2005

I sure would wait at least three months from market release (not just press release) to give a bit of time for bugs to get ironed out and at least one update distribution.

There are a lot of really powerful, mid-priced phones in the pipeline for this fall. 6GB RAM will become the norm and dual cameras common. 

The big question is how many will follow the controversial trend of eliminating the headphone jack? 

Edited by dddave

Well I read more about the cameras on the OnePlus5 and they are not so good as I thought they would be so I am not getting one for now.

Since the camera is one of the most important features to me, I wait for now. Nokia rumors are that they will maybe launch a phone with 1/2" camera sensor, which is very interesting to me, don't really care about the 8GB ram that mostly giving you bragging rights.

My UMI super is now about 1 year old and still going strong and I even got a few updates on it, so I will keep that one as my main phone for now.

Buying phones now is like buying PC's in the late 90's...No matter how hard you tried to buy the latest and greatest, by the time you opened the box a new one would come out with more RAM and a bigger HD.

Buying phones now is like buying PC's in the late 90's...No matter how hard you tried to buy the latest and greatest, by the time you opened the box a new one would come out with more RAM and a bigger HD.

Totally.

I've been looking for that 'killer' upgrade for my S6 Edge since New Year and the only one that comes close to making the upgrade worthwhile is the S8, but I don't want a curved screen on my next phone.

Lets see if the Nokia 9, LG V30 or Galaxy S8 Active hit my criteria and are available here.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

I think the best aspects of the OnePlus 5, or even 3T, is Oxygen OS, pretty decent HW and above average developer support.

After being a Nexus user for ~ 5 years, still using a Nexus 6 (stock 7.1.1 <June update> w/ Pixel launcher) as my daily driver, I couldn't go back to a phone with bloatware.

Can we get back to the OP's question, where can he buy a Oneplus 5?

OK, to also slightly threadf"ck - does anybody know of an official HTC dealer in Pattaya?  I am interested in either the Oneplus 5 or the U11.

Thanks.

In Thailand?

I'm not certain it is available yet here in Thailand. Not even sure if it's available anywhere in the world until Tuesday-ish?

Nothing on the local FB page yet... https://www.facebook.com/OneplusTH/

Not a lot of local social media chatter.

When it is, the usual suspects may stock it: AOB, Treemobile, Genustore, even Lazada etc..

Yes no bloatware is nice, my UMI is also free of that and I doubt I will ever get a Samsung again.

Well as somebody pointed out, many new phones will launch later this year sporting 6gb ram and perhaps very good cameras so I hold buying anything for now.

In Thailand?

I'm not certain it is available yet here in Thailand. Not even sure if it's available anywhere in the world until Tuesday-ish?

Nothing on the local FB page yet... https://www.facebook.com/OneplusTH/

Not a lot of local social media chatter.

When it is, the usual suspects may stock it: AOB, Treemobile, Genustore, even Lazada etc..

https://m.facebook.com/Treemobilembk/photos/a.311198725658500.61862.304786369633069/1218682564910107/?type=3&theater

Sooner than you think[emoji16]

On 6/21/2017 at 7:32 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

The OP might want to check CNET.  They just ran a 3 way camera comparison between the 1+5, Pixel and Galaxy 7.

Lots of interesting side by side photos.

• 2 weeks later...

They need a bit more support to get my business

Samsung are a rip off but at least the samsung centre in MBK can fix anything 

Budget Chinese phones are cheap but support and spare parts are scarce to non existant

there is a lot to be said for getting your phone fixed within 2hrs ,no matter what happens to it  

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2017 at 10:46 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

It is a great phone with such a price tag. Love the system and the only thing I am not satisfied is the camera performance. Another thing OnePlus should improve is developing an app to help people migrating data to OnePlus phone. Apple has Move to iOS and Samsung has Smart Switch.

On 8/18/2017 at 1:33 PM, Stevesmith573 said:

I have a Galaxy S5. How can I get the staff on S5 to OnePlus 5?

Oh, I assumed you had "staff" who you wanted to migrate.

Now I see you meant "stuff"?

What kind of "stuff"?

There a bazillion apps., how-to's, guides and youtube videos describing the process.

Personally, I would back up all user-created data (music, photos, etc) to a PC, make sure you've got "Back up my data" ticked )in Settings, Back up & restore), then just use the same gmail account to set up the new phone.

looks like only Treemobile and AOB in MBK? Anyone see one in Pattaya?

will always be better models coming out. I like the fact that it has all the LTE bands and dual SIMs. Not sure I will be able to use both SIMs at the same time. I see they improved camera function with the latest software. 

NASA (in MBK) also have OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 5 stock (as of Sunday). Their prices are always a tad lower than most shops.

I do not believe there is any local warranty (I could be wrong) so make sure the phone works before you leave the shop, or see if they have a replacement offer within 7 days.