That's impressive! Cop pays a student's own traffic fine because he didn't have enough money!

webfact

That's impressive! Cop pays a student's own traffic fine because he didn't have enough money!

4pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

HAT YAI: -- A policeman in Hat Yai in Southern Thailand has been praised for helping out a student who didn't have enough money for a fine.

Nattawut Thatrabiab, 21, a second year technology school student, got back to his illegally parked motorcycle at Hat Yai hospital to find it clamped.

He followed the note on it to Hat Yai police station where he found that the fine was 300 baht - but he only had 250 baht with him.

He asked the officer taking the fine who suggested going to talk to a supervisor in another building to see if the fine could be reduced.

As he walked to the other building he was not sure where to go and asked for directions of a plain clothed cop who asked him what his problem was.

The cop took pity and reached into his wallet and gave the student 100 baht of his own money.

Nattawut said that he was both surprised and delighted that the police would help him in his way.

Manager caught up with the officer involved but he didn't want his name used preferring to stay anonymous though he did say: "I just wanted to help the guy out".

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-22

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Manager caught up with the officer involved but he didn't want his name used preferring to stay anonymous though he did say: "I just wanted to help the guy out".

Good guy.

I must be cursed! I have never been stopped by a Thai police like this officer from Hat Yai. I have even stopped intending that I can understand basic Thai language because I have noticed that most of the time they let you go if you intend that you only speak English.