Wife Visa for UK

Wife wants to go to uk and obtain a wife visa.

Background info.

I don't work or have not been to uk for 10 years.

We are married 6 years plus.

I have been doing the wife visa here putting 400k a year in each time for 6 years

She works salary 100k plus with all documents to prove so. Not bonus or commission, fixed salary.

Her job can be done from anywhere as she works online.

She has a degree.

She speaks fluent english.

We have 4 kids.

Please do not hesitate to ask any further questions that may lead to visa solutions that.

We also considered other countries in Europe for a while such as Portugal or Spain but that's a completely different visa as is my understanding?

What would be our best options I can only find men that look after women on this forum thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't go to the UK to obtain the visa it's the other way round.

Are you or your wife a UK citizen and have if so are you still classed as UK resident?

If not then you won't be able to do a family of a settled person visa  but should be able to do a visit visa up to 6 months. Work is not permitted on this visa but online work is likely a grey area.

The rules are identical wether the man supports the woman or vise versa.

She can apply for a UK visit visa in her own right, she should qualify if the application is done correctly.

Getting a settlement (wife) visa would be a different ball game, not sure how this could be handled given the opposite to normal circumstances, there are members that will know though.

Would she be able to earn this same money working from the UK?

See Family visas: apply to live in the UK.

If you are a British citizen, do not worry about the 'present and settled' bit; you are classed as such even though you have not lived in, or even visited, the UK for 10 years; provided you are, or will be, entering the UK to resume residence.

Your biggest problem that I see is the financial requirement.

Your wife's current income in Thailand cannot be used to meet the requirement for her initial visa; neither can any potential income she may have once in the UK.

You can use cash savings to meet the requirement, for which you will need a minimum of £62,500 which can be held in your name, your wife's or you both jointly. See 7. Cash savings in the document.

If you cannot do this, or meet the requirement in some other way such as unearned income, which must be yours, not hers, then you will need to return to the UK first, find a job paying at least £18,600 p.a. and be in that job for at least 6 months before your wife can apply.

• Like 1