Draught British beer(and Irish) prices in Pattaya

teddog

180 baht  happy hour                Old Speckled Hen             both Witherspoons

170 baht       same same                   Guinness         

About the same prices back 'ome,just exchange rates make seem expensive       Any other prices on offer?

Since it has been kegged and transported half-way around the world in a controlled temperature environment, it just shows what a rip off the price of a pint is in the UK.

Witherspoon's OSH is horrible. I doubt they shift enough of it or change kegs often enough to clean the bloody pipes. Punch & Judy is just as bad. Manky.

40 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Since it has been kegged and transported half-way around the world in a controlled temperature environment, it just shows what a rip off the price of a pint is in the UK.

Witherspoon's OSH is horrible. I doubt they shift enough of it or change kegs often enough to clean the bloody pipes. Punch & Judy is just as bad. Manky.

Witherspoons  OSH might be horrible,but is  far better than the bottled rubbish   Thought Guinness was brewed in Malaysia also, and according to some is better tasting than the Irish stuff     

Piss Stop  soi B  does pints of English cider for 145 baht, but bit too sweet for my platter

8 hours ago, teddog said:

Witherspoons  OSH might be horrible,but is  far better than the bottled rubbish   Thought Guinness was brewed in Malaysia also, and according to some is better tasting than the Irish stuff     

Piss Stop  soi B  does pints of English cider for 145 baht, but bit too sweet for my platter

Sprinkle a little salt in beforehand :thumbsup:

Retox game on in Soi Honey has London Pride on draught at 210baht per pint - I would let it warm up a bit first as very cold when first poured. It was ok but not great. They also have OSH but not tried there. I used to drink OSH occasionally at Wetherspoons under previous management and it was a bit hit and miss then. 

Sportsman bar in Soi 13 also does London Pride but from memory that was more expensive - been a while since I was in.

English Beer must be the Worlds Worst..Can't you remember your old Chums who did nothing but complain about it being Cloudy, or Flat , by the time they had finished moanin , us Lager Slurpers had downed 3,and put the World Right.?[emoji481][emoji481][emoji86]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, SheepLover said:

What about those other UK themed pubs? The Butchers? Pig & Whistle? Rosy O,
grady? etc etc
Do they have import draughts or have they only the usual lazy lagers and cider on tap?

"The Rosies site should provide you with information on Rosie O' Gradys Irish Pub Restaurant and Hotel "

Ireland is not part of the UK !

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

...we pay about 75 to 90 for a big Leo...

If you must.

Udon has had OSH and Magners for a fair while but now Fuller's, Bellhaven and Kopparberg is gaining popularity and more bars are investing in the draft paraphernalia to grab the the more genteel retiree that isn't so fiscally challenged. There's great local interest in Belgian brews as well as microbrews and IPA's from New Zealand, the US and elsewhere. Dare I say it, a much more sophisticated beer pallet is developing in darkest Isaan. Even have Boags Premium, XXXX Gold and Toohey's Extra Dry for the antipodeans and others in the know.

23 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Murphy's pub on the dark side has Guinness on tap.  Quite good!  I do believe it's made here in Asia now?

Just back from Belgium.  We live in beer purgatory here.  With ridiculous prices to match.

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I'd hardly call Belgian beer piss. LOL.  Probably the best place I've been for beer is Czech Republic.  Belgium is pretty darn good.  I was in a bar with over 1,000 types on offer.  I tried as many as I could.  Absolutely fantastic!  And relatively cheap.  But not as cheap as Czech.  2 Euro for 1/2 liter of great draft beer. 

We live in beer purgatory.  OK.  Unless you've got the bucks to pay the inflated prices. LOL

4 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I'd hardly call Belgian beer piss. LOL.  Probably the best place I've been for beer is Czech Republic.  Belgium is pretty darn good.  I was in a bar with over 1,000 types on offer.  I tried as many as I could.  Absolutely fantastic!  And relatively cheap.  But not as cheap as Czech.  2 Euro for 1/2 liter of great draft beer. 

We live in beer purgatory.  OK.  Unless you've got the bucks to pay the inflated prices. LOL

Piss is an Aussie colloquialism for all good, fresh, cold beers. All piss is generally good piss until otherwise spoiled whereupon it becomes stale piss, hot piss, flat piss, etc..

Although not a Belgian piss aficionado, same as I dislike Belgian chocolates, I will admit it has its bright spots. I find beer over 5% alc. is just too strong and around 8%, the taste of the alcohol just isn't pleasant. But it does ensure early escape velocity. Also the cloudy Weiss's leave me cold... anything that needs fruit in it... and that goes for Sol beer from Mexico too.

Spot-on with Czech piss tho'! Awesome stuff. We traded slabs of 24 x large cans of abysmally weak English Harp lager for cases of 24 x bottles Staropramen and Gambrinus from the Czech UN peacekeepers when we were stuck in Baghdad. They thought we were mugs swapping our big cans for their little bottles but we got hammered well before we started having to traipse to the bathroom to take a piss.

The place in Udon I mentioned in the earlier post has just about any brand of Belgian beer you want augmented by an awesome range of IPA's from around the world. I have requested they get some Brew Dog Punk IPA in as well. Good Scottish piss that is.

c u there

Edited by NanLaew

Nan Laew:

So, just checking my understanding of your Australian language tutorial.

If I am told by an indigenous Australian to piss off  what he means is that I should go away and drink some good, fresh, cold, beer , or were you just taking the piss? :drunk::drunk:

Edited by Rajab Al Zarahni

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Piss is an Aussie colloquialism for all good, fresh, cold beers. All piss is generally good piss until otherwise spoiled whereupon it becomes stale piss, hot piss, flat piss, etc..

Although not a Belgian piss aficionado, same as I dislike Belgian chocolates, I will admit it has its bright spots. I find beer over 5% alc. is just too strong and around 8%, the taste of the alcohol just isn't pleasant. But it does ensure early escape velocity. Also the cloudy Weiss's leave me cold... anything that needs fruit in it... and that goes for Sol beer from Mexico too.

Spot-on with Czech piss tho'! Awesome stuff. We traded slabs of 24 x large cans of abysmally weak English Harp lager for cases of 24 x bottles Staropramen and Gambrinus from the Czech UN peacekeepers when we were stuck in Baghdad. They thought we were mugs swapping our big cans for their little bottles but we got hammered well before we started having to traipse to the bathroom to take a piss.

The place in Udon I mentioned in the earlier post has just about any brand of Belgian beer you want augmented by an awesome range of IPA's from around the world. I have requested they get some Brew Dog Punk IPA in as well. Good Scottish piss that is.

c u there

Well, I guess ya learn something new everyday. Never thought piss would be good.  LOL

A Belgian beer took top honors last year. I had a bunch of beer over 8%. If good beer,  you don't taste the alcohol. It can be over powering with some, but not all. Most of the beer I had was draft. For some,  that location was the only place you could get it. Somewhat similar to my experiences in Czech. Every village had their own brew. Lovely.

There are well over 1,000 kinds of Belgium beer. With more every year. Great country if you like beer. With prices far lower than here.

1 hour ago, Rajab Al Zarahni said:

Nan Laew:

So, just checking my understanding of your Australian language tutorial.

If I am told by an indigenous Australian to piss off  what he means is that I should go away and drink some good, fresh, cold, beer , or were you just taking the piss? :drunk::drunk:

Before I answer, are you on the piss again?

Who ever told you the Guinness from Malaysia is better than Ireland is talking out of their ar$e
Its all to do with quality of the water
The stuff here tastes like cheap samsmiths stout
Its just one more reason why I'm outta here soon
If i want lager I'll drink stella
The Thai "beer" as they call it almost undrinkable

2 hours ago, wobblyjohn said:

Who ever told you the Guinness from Malaysia is better than Ireland is talking out of their ar$e
Its all to do with quality of the water
The stuff here tastes like cheap samsmiths stout

Sam Smiths is fine. Whatever anyone tells you Guinness tastes the same pretty much all across the globe as long as its poured correctly. 

You'll be missed i'm sure :) 

Unlike spirits, beer needs to be fresh. Apparently I'm not a beer expert. I only drink what tastes good to me. I have never had an imported beer in any country that tasted as good as the more popular local brews. I think this applies to any country you happen to be in. One exception is Canadian beer in the US. The travel time between Canada and the US makes Canadian beer nearly as fresh as the US brews. In Southern California, Mexican beer is very popular. That beer also doesn't need to travel very far.

Some years back during an Independence Day celebration, the US Embassy served Miller beer imported from the US. In the US,  Millers was good beer. What they served here in Thailand wasn't fit to drink even when it was free.

17 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Me Ozz mates got it right .Beer tastes kin awful , I drink it to get pissed .Isnt Honesty refreshing these days.emoji481.pngemoji481.png?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Agree fully. Beer in the UK tastes dreadful also. The Aran sweater and Beard brigade won't drink anything else.

If the Pub isn't in the CAMRA guide they won't go lol.

1 hour ago, Gary A said:

Unlike spirits, beer needs to be fresh. Apparently I'm not a beer expert. I only drink what tastes good to me. I have never had an imported beer in any country that tasted as good as the more popular local brews. I think this applies to any country you happen to be in. One exception is Canadian beer in the US. The travel time between Canada and the US makes Canadian beer nearly as fresh as the US brews. In Southern California, Mexican beer is very popular. That beer also doesn't need to travel very far.

Some years back during an Independence Day celebration, the US Embassy served Miller beer imported from the US. In the US,  Millers was good beer. What they served here in Thailand wasn't fit to drink even when it was free.

Not into US beer ,served at bars that is.  Everything tastes like an IPA,bitter tasting.  Wish I could get a home brewing kit to work in Thailand, but far too hot