Water filter

swbaggies

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Not axactly sure what you are looking for...

Big range here at Lazada http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-drinking-water-appliances/?spm=a2o4m.category-051110020000.0.0.wsGofy

Thanks. I suppose what I'm looking for is something that attaches to the sink/pump that filters the water so when I turn on the sink tap it is able to be used for cooking, washing food etc

Hi
Does anybody know of any or if such a thing as a water filter exists that will enable the usage of tap water. 
I was thinking more of something that goes onto the unit rather than a filter jug. 
Any suggestions? 

A reverse osmosis filter will produce pure drinking water. I've had one for years. Get one from HomePro and they will install it for free.
  • Like 1

Home Pro have various water filters. 

I bought one which is fitted under the sink and it came with a tap which you fit onto your kitchen sink somewhere. So you have a small, separate tap for drinking water. 

It cost only 3000 THB and I replace the three filters once a year. There's an activated charcoal filter, a fabric filter and a gel filter. 

Commenting on the post above, I have read that drinking water produced by reverse osmosis isn't to everybody's taste. It is almost pure water with no minerals, and therefore no real taste. 

Home Pro have various water filters. 

I bought one which is fitted under the sink and it came with a tap which you fit onto your kitchen sink somewhere. So you have a small, separate tap for drinking water. 

It cost only 3000 THB and I replace the three filters once a year. There's an activated charcoal filter, a fabric filter and a gel filter. 

Commenting on the post above, I have read that drinking water produced by reverse osmosis isn't to everybody's taste. It is almost pure water with no minerals, and therefore no real taste. 

Which minerals from your well which is 30 meters from the septic tank outlow from your toilet would you like to taste?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@trd

Yes, very funny. 

However, tap water in the UK or in other first World countries, and bottled water anywhere is not mineral-free. 

The mineral content is what gives water its taste. Some bottled waters are highly prized for their particular mineral mix. 

I'm happy with the minerals from the septic tank outflow. It's the bacteria that I don't want, and the filters remove those. 

That's the science. You can't argue with facts. 

[mention=40715]trd[/mention]

Yes, very funny. 

However, tap water in the UK or in other first World countries, and bottled water anywhere is not mineral-free. 

The mineral content is what gives water its taste. Some bottled waters are highly prized for their particular mineral mix. 

I'm happy with the minerals from the septic tank outflow. It's the bacteria that I don't want, and the filters remove those. 

That's the science. You can't argue with facts. 

As far as science is concerned an RO filter is more sophisticated which is why they're 8,000 Baht. I'm sure you'll be okay. I get all the minerals I need from food. Water just hydrates my body and quenches my thirst. If you want taste try squeezing some juice from a fresh lime into iced water. For more taste try beer. :)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Amway has a water filter called e-Spring.  Good experience/reviews with Amway but it is very pricey.  Sits over the counter, needs a plug point, and a diverter unit that attaches the end of your existing faucet.  Aquasana is another well reputed US brand (with a distributor in Bangkok).  You may want to avoid some systems which require a fair deal of water to first be run through, in order to generate the drinking water - ie. not very efficient for getting just a glass or two.

Amway has a water filter called e-Spring.  Good experience/reviews with Amway but it is very pricey.  Sits over the counter, needs a plug point, and a diverter unit that attaches the end of your existing faucet.  Aquasana is another well reputed US brand (with a distributor in Bangkok).  You may want to avoid some systems which require a fair deal of water to first be run through, in order to generate the drinking water - ie. not very efficient for getting just a glass or two.

That's how an RO filter works. A certain amount of water containing contaminants plus water to flush the filter to keep it clean are dumped down the drain but the tank is always kept full so it's always available on tap. Don't waste your time with imports from the US. Use a local brand like Clarte, available from any Homepro.

http://www.clartethailand.com/Product_EN.asp?Code=G-0007&CodeName=เครื่องกรองน้ำ

• 9 months later...

Where I live the tap water is tasty and full of good minerals. I happily drink many liters that just goes through Brita tap water filter daily. You can check the review on the filter I own here https://iwaterpurification.com/best-faucet-water-filter/ . You might want to consider investigating a bit and get your water tested, before deciding whether you really need a filter.

Yes that's good advice about testing the water. You never know what's in it, bacteria, arsenic, all very tasty. But it's a mystery why you don't take your own advice.

We drink Singha water because we like the taste. We use our well water for everything else. No filtration system. Same house for 12 years without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect