Receiving post in samui

I need to receive an important document posted from abroad to samui any ideas if there is a po box service or anything similar so I can get it sent to the post office for example and collect there or any other ideas - I don't want it delivered to the semi communal post boxes at my apartment 

21 hours ago, evadgib said:

Registered/signed for should result in you receiving it or finding a pink slip asking you to collect from the PO.

HTH

Not always, some times my postman bring the book to sign...  Never had to go pick up... as said recently they phoned me to come pick up .... I said cannot, and it was delivered pronto...

13 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

No always, some times my postman bring the book to sign...  Never had to go pick up... as said recently they phoned me to come pick up .... I said cannot, and it was delivered pronto...

I have had to go to pick up twice lately.  The issue was that there was a change of 7 Baht to be paid and I guess the delivery guy cannot collect that.  Both times it was parcels from the UK and I have no idea why these were different to other parcels.

So thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions - I went to chaweng post office and they do also rent po boxes however these did just seem to be pigeon holes inside the office rather than a. Secure lockable box with your own key and they have none available currently.. however they also offer a free poste restante service - so I can get the package sent recorded delivery from uk to their post office addressed to me (4-5 days) then they will keep it free for up to 30 days during which time I can collect it with my passport - pretty useful free service. thanks to Kuhn Per for the suggestion. 

17 minutes ago, Bigdogfarang said:

So thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions - I went to chaweng post office and they do also rent po boxes however these did just seem to be pigeon holes inside the office rather than a. Secure lockable box with your own key and they have none available currently.. however they also offer a free poste restante service - so I can get the package sent recorded delivery from uk to their post office addressed to me (4-5 days) then they will keep it free for up to 30 days during which time I can collect it with my passport - pretty useful free service. thanks to Kuhn Per for the suggestion. 

The P.O.Box'es all have a private key (can not even easily duplicate the key-profile in the new locks), they are accessable at the side of the post office – I've been having once since 2004 – free in the beginning, but now reasonable 500 baht a year...:smile:

1 hour ago, Carlos Primeros said:

I have a P.O. box since 2003 at the Maenam Post Office. It was never free of charge. But at that time it was only 150 Baht. Now we have to pay 500 Baht per year.

The first 5 years or so, I was never charged a single baht – presume I just been lucky then...:smile: