Atms With Usd/eur In Thailand?

hucus

I have a visa card from some kind of e-currency system like paypal (epassporte.com in particular).

So I can get money from my account only by ATM.

Here all ATMs have only bahts.

How do I get usd or euro here from my visa card?

Visa exchange rate is not good too. It converts usd to bahts using rate like 34.5

I'm a bit confused - In Thailand the currency is Baht, why would you need $ or Euro?

I've never heard of an ATM in other currencies. If you need $ you would have to draw out Baht and then change in the bank.

Xchange rate is low because the $ is weakening against the Baht

I have seen dual corrency ATMs in other countries, but these other countries will accept US$ at the checkout as well as their local currency. You cannot hand over a dollar note at your local mum and dad shop for a bottle of chang so there is no need for dual currency ATMs.

I have a visa card from some kind of e-currency system like paypal (epassporte.com in particular).

So I can get money from my account only by ATM.

Here all ATMs have only bahts.

How do I get usd or euro here from my visa card?

Visa exchange rate is not good too. It converts usd to bahts using rate like 34.5

You can get a cash advance on your visa card in Baht and then exchange the baht for EURO or USD over the counter, a truly cost effective way to do things, not!

Hah, that's a good one. Supposedly the small man who lives inside ATM machines then just print whatever currency you want and push it out through the slot?

:o

Very good, Phil C. But, you also have to order it in his language: "Ola, Jose, unos pesos, por favor."

I only ever saw a dual-dispensing ATM at the Mexican border. But on both sides of that border (Brownsville-Matamoros), many vendors accepted either pesos or dollars.

As in Cambodia perhaps, the almight dollar reigned in Nicaragua, too. Every street side vendor knew the current exchange rate for cordobas/dolares.

Well, the problem is that I cannot withdraw to a regualr bank account. I have to use an ATM to get cash.

Then I have to use a bank cash-in to get the money in my personal bank account.

P.S. In Moscow, Russia almost all ATMs are dual or even trial currency - RUB, USD and EUR.

I think Hucus is trying to say that the exchange rate isn't good when he withdraws from his foreign account using a Visa CC. So he wants to get his "home" currency (i.e. USD, EUR) and exchange at the thai bank on his own at a better rate. Is that right, Hucus?

I think Hucus is trying to say that the exchange rate isn't good when he withdraws from his foreign account using a Visa CC. So he wants to get his "home" currency (i.e. USD, EUR) and exchange at the thai bank on his own at a better rate. Is that right, Hucus?

Correct.

Also I don't need so much bahts as I can get from the card. I have to exchange them back in order to transfer them to my saving account. I just think the process is not optimized so should be fixed :-)

If you have a savings account in US$ then you should transfer money to it directly from overseas.

Dual currency ATM's only exist in countries where the US$ is acceptable along side the local currency,

which is NOT the case in Thailand.

The only country where I have seen it was in Lebanon, where the is a fixed peg of LL1500 = US$1.

I have seen dual corrency ATMs in other countries, but these other countries will accept US$ at the checkout as well as their local currency. You cannot hand over a dollar note at your local mum and dad shop for a bottle of chang so there is no need for dual currency ATMs.

Any place I work accepts most currencies I can get a conversion rate. :o The rate is less than competitive, but the local money changers charge a fee on top of their bad rate. For small transactions it is accepted, and I get holiday money :D .