Wedding ends in chaos as groom arrives with only half a dowry!

webfact

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/26/2017 at 8:16 AM, colinneil said:

Sad part of this story is brides family are only interested in money, not the couples happiness only money.

The marraige is doomed before it has begun.

I dont know about you but i want my daughter to marry a man with honor, or someone who is true to their word.

The groom shouldn't have promised something he couldn't do or had no intention of doing.

I am sure you would be <deleted> also if someone promised you 100,000 and they only showed up with half.

8 minutes ago, speckio said:

am sure you would be peeved also if someone promised you 100,000 and they only showed up with half.

<----> the money!!!!!!!!

I'm not selling her.

I want a man to love, cherish and take care of my daughter.

I'm looking after her the best I can until a partner for her comes along who will carry on the good work.

Oh ,the dowry. It's part of the culture, you know?

It may be the old culture but not any more. Lets face it. If a you couple wants to marry. Does he have to fork out 100.000 Thai Baht. The answer is no.
But some greedy Thais are only after your money and that's it.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

On 2017-06-26 at 10:37 AM, Bastos60 said:

Was this girl 20 years younger than the groom? I am just curious what the conditions are and how they got to this figure.

She was just a few years younger than him and they were both under 30. My friends Thai mother negotiated on his behalf. 

I honestly don't know why she commanded so much money. She lives with him in Sweden now anyhow. 

hmm....i must have missed the bit ,where in Thai culture,the sinsod is for show only and is usually returned to the groom

If the groom were honest then they should return the money back to the person who handed over the money

If the groom were honest then they should return the money back to the person who handed over the money

I ment to say, the brides family should give the money back to the groom. That's if they are honest.
I went to a wedding and the brides family didn't want a penny. Most foreigners that marry a Thai think that you have to hand over your wealth. Well you don't.

Actually it is not a dowry but what is known as a bride price. A dowry is what the bride brings with her. This is an interesting tradition in thailand but inherently flawed. I was able to get out of paying this. I was told that this is a Chinese influence but it is hard to tell. Nowadays many families give back the money but I have heard stories of young couples going into debt after marriage in part because the bride price was not given back.