Rent from Thai owner

Can someone advise as to whether this is also required for 1 year extensions-of-stay based on Marriage at Jomtien?  I already have a "this person lives here" letter from the Condo's Juistic Person.

It was not easy just to get my landlord's ID-Card-copy (front-side only), which I insisted upon before handing over a significant deposit.  If the requirement is ID (front + back?) + Tabien Baan, I'll need to include the provision of these in my negotiations for continuation of my rental-contract.

Also, I assume the signed-copies must be signed in ink on the copy - not a copy of a signed-copy?  If so, he will need to mail these - vs send electronically.

Edited by JackThompson

Just for the record I have a signed 3 month contract with my residence management.

I am billed each month for the previous month to include electricity, water, and telephone

charges.

I pay monthly, and the invoice is stamped monthly  by the  residence management.

Included in the agreement is a cable T.V system , weekly cleaning and 40 p1eces of laundry at the residence laundry downstairs monthly.

I keep the stamped invoice/receipts and use them if asked by immigration for my proff of residence.

I pay between 18K and 20K monthly for rent.

I have a monthly pension of about 50K Baht depending on the dollar/Baht exchange rate.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Can someone advise as to whether this is also required for 1 year extensions-of-stay based on Marriage at Jomtien?  I already have a "this person lives here" letter from the Condo's Juistic Person.

It was not easy just to get my landlord's ID-Card-copy (front-side only), which I insisted upon before handing over a significant deposit.  If the requirement is ID (front + back?) + Tabien Baan, I'll need to include the provision of these in my negotiations for continuation of my rental-contract.

Also, I assume the signed-copies must be signed in ink on the copy - not a copy of a signed-copy?  If so, he will need to mail these - vs send electronically.

Although not specific to Jomtien Jack.

The reverse of Thai ID cards only has a few numbers that wouldn't be of any significance to Immigration. (Could be batch numbers to prevent fraud) It's the front that has all the holders details, name, address, DOB and the ID of the issuing Amphoe.

The regulations state copies of both sides of your TM6, but as the reverse of mine is blank I only copy the face side.

After 4 extensions it's never been questioned.

I always keep the original signed copies, and copy those for extensions.

If you have a good copier you can't tell the difference anyway between a copy and a copy of a copy.

19 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Although not specific to Jomtien Jack.

The reverse of Thai ID cards only has a few numbers that wouldn't be of any significance to Immigration. (Could be batch numbers to prevent fraud) It's the front that has all the holders details, name, address, DOB and the ID of the issuing Amphoe.

The regulations state copies of both sides of your TM6, but as the reverse of mine is blank I only copy the face side.

After 4 extensions it's never been questioned.

I always keep the original signed copies, and copy those for extensions.

If you have a good copier you can't tell the difference anyway between a copy and a copy of a copy.

In all cases why my fiance's ID card has been requested, it has been "front and back" - hence my question on the landlord's ID (I only have the front-side, now). 

I am glad to hear your receipts for utilities to the Condo-Mgmt have been sufficient - I have /keep those, so hopefully supplying those will work.

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

I am glad to hear your receipts for utilities to the Condo-Mgmt have been sufficient - I have /keep those, so hopefully supplying those will work.

That was a different members posting Jack.

Whilst I can see why utility bills would be accepted as proof of address, they show no proof of the house owner.

A reason for many Immigration offices requiring a TM30 is so the details of the landlord/house owner are also registered.

At my own office once all your personal details, address and house owners details are registered on their local database, we no longer have to complete the TM47 or TM7 forms, just the appropriate documents.