Art, artists & exhibitions work permit update?

What are the current wp conditions for a foreigner on a non-B who wants to do an art exhibition (paintings) and sell his artwork or prints of it? Current wp is for teaching. 

Last thread on this topic is pretty dated.

Thank you :signthaivisa:

While we're at it, how about writing an article for the press? Writing a song or poem and reading it/singing it in public? Doing environmental activism?

Might be new rules due to the mil. gov. right?

Edited by Singhsuea
typo

I suspect that holding an exhibition and selling artwork would be illegal and certainly not permitted by your current WP. 

I would also imagine that giving public performance and indulging in activism would be unwise as would writing for the local Thai press. 

20 minutes ago, Singhsuea said:

A gov. official told me to just help out regardless (underwater cleanups, coral conservation) but the penalties can be quite steep. 

If a senior official told you that, my experience suggests that he would have your back in the event of any trouble. The Thais are very flexible in their assessment of whether there is sufficient evidence to bring legal proceedings against you. If you have the right kind of official on your side, you will find that the authorities just cannot seem to find sufficient justification to take action.

As you say, though, on paper the risks are not insignificant.

• Like 1

Ok, well the Thai lady who's in charge of the arts dept of my company reckons i shouldn't need a wp for doing art exhibitions either.

Also says avoid painting Buddhist images or enquire at the ministry of culture before doing so.

Can't see why foreigners'd be banned from exhibiting... Then again...

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Singhsuea said:

Ok, well the Thai lady who's in charge of the arts dept of my company reckons i shouldn't need a wp for doing art exhibitions either.

Also says avoid painting Buddhist images or enquire at the ministry of culture before doing so.

Can't see why foreigners'd be banned from exhibiting... Then again...

:ph34r:

You said this "foreigner on a non-B who wants to do an art exhibition (paintings) and sell his artwork or prints of it? Current wp is for teaching"  

Regardless of what the Thai lady says she is not the one who will face any consequence of you breaking the law. 

If you want a definitive answer to your questions then ask at the office where you got your work permit. You may have to take a trusted bi-lingual Thai person with you.