Hydraulic engineer crushed to death under a fork lift truck he was repairing

webfact

Hydraulic engineer crushed to death under a fork lift truck he was repairing

mSQWlZdCq5b6ZLkmwr02FL1pl2o3DTId.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- Prawet police in Bangkok were called to a second hand goods yard yesterday after a hydraulic engineer was crushed under the lifting mechanism of a fork lift he was repairing.

Dead at the scene was 41 year old Charnnarong Duangkhamfrom Samut Sakorn. He was found on his left side with his blood and brains scattered about, reported Thai Rath.

Work colleague and friend Wijit Chapanya, 38, from Korat said that the pair had been called in yesterday by the owner of the yard because the Toyota fork lift's hydraulics had jammed.

They attempted to secure the lifting mechanism but as Charnnarong was bending down it fell on him killing him instantly.

Prawet cops were unable to immediately verify that story and are continuing to investigate.

The body was sent for autopsy and relatives have been notified.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-29

19 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Horrible,is there no way of securing the machine,to prevent such accidents.

Perhaps a couple of 45 gallon steel drums wedged under the forks might have helped, depending on the height of the jammed forks and their weight.

^^ lol, probably . one thing you learn and is common sense really is prop loaded hydraulics etc with stands etc before putting yourself in that area to work ! trouble with this line of work is you can't learn from your mistakes . Oh well thais handle death pretty easy and everyone will wash it over with mai ben rai and no one learms a thing :-/

11 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Do they have security tapes? Sounds like murder to me, someone wants him dead and releases the jack pressure.. To easy.

I have a few tinfoil hats for sale for conspiracy theorists if you are interested.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:16 PM, marko kok prong said:

Horrible,is there no way of securing the machine,to prevent such accidents.

Of course there is, but they require management to provide them, and being a small workshop.............................................

I used to maintain forklifts for a living, but like any machine, safety needs to a priority when working on them. Judging by my experience of small scale Thai workshops ( welding without any eye protection or just dark glasses etc ) safety is not something thought about much.

RIP to the guy.

11 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Do they have security tapes? Sounds like murder to me, someone wants him dead and releases the jack pressure.. To easy.

Have you ever worked on machinery for a living? One never relies on a hydraulic jack alone. Jack stands or such are always essential as well.

From the OP it seems as though a jack was not involved anyway.

It's kind of weird how they always show the photos of these victims. Pixelated of course. But still, really, no need to see it. Would you want pics of your son's  dead body all over the internet?  Extend the poor guy, his family and friends a modicum of privacy and respect at this difficult time.