New Samsung Remote Control.

GaryB1263

Many of the buttons have stopped working so I thought of replacing the remote. Where would I start looking? Is the original available? Has anyone had good luck with these generic remotes that I have seen?

Thanks in advance

I replaced the remote for a  Samsung TV some years ago - bought from the Samsung service centre which was then on Suk. I believe it is now off Pattaya Nua. Wasn't cheap (750/800 baht or so) and if I do again I think I will buy a universal as hardly use most of the buttons.

Great advice guys. That's what I was wondering exactly. So I went to YouTube and just likeKevc said. I give it the royal treatment. I separated the case and give the buttons and case a soapy. I cleaned the circuit board with a rubber gently in an up and down fashion. It works like a new one.

I would have bought the factory original also if I had to. Thanks Topt.

Anyone that know's the procedure with the soapies and the rubbers would be a hero in most bars. I couldn't help notice the remote in a bar this afternoon was disgusting. 

Thanks Everyone.

For future reference Amorn have a whole selection of replacement remotes - genuine not the universal sort.

For anyone interested I wrap my remotes at home in Clingfilm to stop all the kids sticky/grubby fingers. :whistling:

Stretch the Clingfilm across the front and then tuck it together at the back.

:smile: