PCX150 in need of love - Need some restoration

inventorinthailand

I'm going to sell my 2012 PCX150 with only 3990Km on the clock. But it looks terrible and all the red plastics are sun bleached and has a white milky color. Possible to repaint or need to buy new ones? Chrome details needs to be polished or re-chromed, etc etc.

Anyone who knows any skillful company/in individual  in Pattaya/Jomtien who can restore it to almost "new" again within a reasonable fee?

Edited by inventorinthailand

I'm going to sell my 2012 PCX150 with only 3990Km on the clock. But it looks terrible and all the red plastics are sun bleached and has a white milky color. Possible to repaint or need to buy new ones? Chrome details needs to be polished or re-chromed, etc etc.

Anyone who knows any skillful company/in individual  in Pattaya/Jomtien who can restore it to almost "new" again within a reasonable fee?

YES ... I KNOW THE PERFECT PLACE ..

It is on Pattaya Klang ...

Sells all and ONLY original parts for PCX ... I got a whole new set of plastic body panels and badges for my GF's 2012 PCX there .. $4000 baht ... installed while you wait .. you will leave with a brand new looking bike

Central Pattaya Rd

https://goo.gl/maps/rNiBUYhbyE22

Maybe that link will work? ... store looks closed on street view .. but very much open and busy

So ... on Pattaya Klang ..(central road) ... about 40 meters down (coming from beach) .. after d road .. on left hand side ..

I always find it by going down (away from beach) Central Road . Until I see TESTOSTERONE/MEN'S HEALTH CLINIC .big yellow sign on side of wall ... on corner of 3rd road and Central Road

Then motorbike shop about 3 storefronts down ... on corner of alley

Shopping sorry about up directions .. but this is THE PLACE to get what you need ..

Maybe ask member .. Papa Al...

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, cocteau2x said:

YES ... I KNOW THE PERFECT PLACE ..

It is on Pattaya Klang ...

Sells all and ONLY original parts for PCX ... I got a whole new set of plastic body panels and badges for my GF's 2012 PCX there .. $4000 baht ... installed while you wait .. you will leave with a brand new looking bike

Central Pattaya Rd

https://goo.gl/maps/rNiBUYhbyE22

Maybe that link will work? ... store looks closed on street view .. but very much open and busy

So ... on Pattaya Klang ..(central road) ... about 40 meters down (coming from beach) .. after d road .. on left hand side ..

I always find it by going down (away from beach) Central Road . Until I see TESTOSTERONE/MEN'S HEALTH CLINIC .big yellow sign on side of wall ... on corner of 3rd road and Central Road

Then motorbike shop about 3 storefronts down ... on corner of alley

Shopping sorry about up directions .. but this is THE PLACE to get what you need ..

Maybe ask member .. Papa Al...

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

Thanks cocteau2x
Is 
4000 baht for just for the red panels (on a red/black PCX) or even all the black painted panels as well? Do they do the rest of the re-chroming and restoration work as well? One guy told me that the plastic panels could be repainted with some vinyl/plastic spray.

Edited by inventorinthailand

Thanks cocteau2x

Is 4000 baht for just for the red panels (on a red/black PCX) or even all the black painted panels as well? Do they do the rest of the re-chroming and restoration work as well? One guy told me that the plastic panels could be repainted with some vinyl/plastic spray.

I am sure they could be repainted .

I guess .

But, taking them off and painting.. then putting them back on? .. hmmm

I just got the colored plastics replaced .. I am SURE they replace the black panels too .

You can buy all the pieces or pick and choose.

Re-chroming plastic? .. not sure if you can do that. Chrome plating is electroplating a thin layer of chromium onto a metal object .. ??

I would certainly think buying new would be cheaper ..

Painting .. ? I would paint the bike if I wanted a different/non-standard color ... but, the out come would be so dependent on the skill of the painter .. the paint shop cleanliness..

Etc .

Risky at best

4000 baht .. maybe 5? For a totally brand new looking bike? .. less than $200 USA money...?

Personally I would buy new parts..

How much do you estimate paint, etc to cost?

How much do you want to sell it for?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, cocteau2x said:

I am sure they could be repainted .

I guess .

But, taking them off and painting.. then putting them back on? .. hmmm

I just got the colored plastics replaced .. I am SURE they replace the black panels too .

You can buy all the pieces or pick and choose.

Re-chroming plastic? .. not sure if you can do that. Chrome plating is electroplating a thin layer of chromium onto a metal object .. ??

I would certainly think buying new would be cheaper ..

Painting .. ? I would paint the bike if I wanted a different/non-standard color ... but, the out come would be so dependent on the skill of the painter .. the paint shop cleanliness..

Etc .

Risky at best

4000 baht .. maybe 5? For a totally brand new looking bike? .. less than $200 USA money...?

Personally I would buy new parts..

How much do you estimate paint, etc to cost?

How much do you want to sell it for?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4000 baht is okay for all restoration. I thought that was just for the red panels. There are some chromed parts that is in metal, i think, that needs some new chrome like the handlebar and its fittings. I will go and ask them next week. Thanks cocteau2x