What animals are big diggers?

My property sits on a bank and some sort of digging machine is starting to cause erosion right where the land goes from flat and then drops down below.  This isn't some small little hole, but something causing some serious sinking of the soil which I want to stop. If it matters, I am down in Phuket and not up in some farming community.

It's tough to see in the attached photos, but the ground has sunk around 30 cm and the pile of earth dug out is quite large. 

What is a good repellant/poison to use to stop this?

IMG_20170628_174130.jpg

IMG_20170628_174137.jpg

12 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Mollus giganticus ? To be serious I think it may not be a digging machine but rather a soil condition that is causing it or if there is any water pipe nearby it could be a leaking pipe causing erosion and collapsing the soil on the surface. 

I would agree. Had the same when I bought my house, had to dig it all up at where the subsidence was and fix a burst pipe.

If it's an animal digging, the excavated soil should be evident.  As a check you could put small, unobtrusive items in the excavation and check if they are disturbed.

If there is no scattered soil, it's almost certainly subsidence, and you'll need to establish why.  It's possibly a leaking pipe as already suggested.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Loads of animals dig. From cicadas, frogs, ants, scorpions, centipedes, mice rats, cats, dogs and that is just in my garden. And as said, sometimes when you water heavily holes can appear - I tried to dig one out to see what caused it but stopped after 2 feet. Clay is hard going and didn't need to know that badly.

I think sometimes old roots are eaten by termites and a hole can be left.