Windsurfing & Thai Language

ace

Happy new year in advance!

I'm hanging around Pattya for a while and have on my to do list to learn to windsurf (I can sail) & to improve my extremely basic Thai.

Can any local experts advise on good places to take up these diverse pastimes? Pattya or Wongmat preferable.

Cheers,

Can't help you with the Thai; but if you want to learn to windsurf then Amara Windsurfing on Dongtan beach is the place to go (next to Pattaya Park). There is a map on their web site http://www.windsurfing-thailand.com/

They have good instructors, the latest equipment, and it is a very friendly club where you will be welcomed. It's a good time of year to learn 'cos the sea is relatively flat and there is usually a good wind.

Be warned, it's addictive!

Happy new year in advance!

I'm hanging around Pattya for a while and have on my to do list to learn to windsurf (I can sail) & to improve my extremely basic Thai.

Can any local experts advise on good places to take up these diverse pastimes? Pattya or Wongmat preferable.

Cheers,

It takes 7 hours to be able to go out turn around and come back on a windsurfer. But I've been here 7 years and I still can't speak Thai. :o

Can't help you with the Thai; but if you want to learn to windsurf then Amara Windsurfing on Dongtan beach is the place to go (next to Pattaya Park). There is a map on their web site http://www.windsurfing-thailand.com/

They have good instructors, the latest equipment, and it is a very friendly club where you will be welcomed. It's a good time of year to learn 'cos the sea is relatively flat and there is usually a good wind.

Be warned, it's addictive!

Great stuff - I'm heading down there today, hope it's not closed like rest of Pattya! I bet it's addictive, first time I got out on the water in a sailboat (Laser) , I was out for 5 hours - nearly got hypothermia (back in UK) - but just didn't want to stop.

Cheers,