"It was murder" says Belgian girl's mother as website claims there has been a Koh Tao cover up in supposed suicide by hanging case

webfact

16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Offered by who? Easy to talk, but who has a million to give away.

You could offer say 10 m and if was solved how would anyone know the end result was beyond reasonable doubt when so must forensic evidence has been by this time lost.

6 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Man, what's going on there? There has to be a powerful person or small group of people behind this. Maybe there's a death/murder club. Way too many unsolved mysterious deaths for it to be a coincidence.

Yeah what is going on !!!   Well lets hope the Belgium gov care enough to send a couple undercover special ops there to find out but l doubt it.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Back when the 2 Brits got killed, There was a brief suspicion one of the Village Headman's sons being a suspect and he had left the island early the very next morning...... By the time he had returned to the island they had found the........ '2 Burmese Culprits'..... LOL..... which promptly took focus off the Headman's son.

I still can't help but wonder if that 'son' (and possibly an accomplice) may not be the serial killer(s)....

AND this well connected person had been in a big time argument with the deceased shortly before their demise, AND refused to give a DNA sample !

45 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Man, what's going on there? There has to be a powerful person or small group of people behind this. Maybe there's a death/murder club. Way too many unsolved mysterious deaths for it to be a coincidence.

It's common knowledge that the political connections of the Island's Headman go to the very top in Thailand. One (former) elite political leader visits the island and is referred to as 'uncle' by the Headman's family.

8 hours ago, FredNL said:

Does anyone have a clue where her missing mobile is???
According to her mother it is missing. It wasn't returned with her belongings.

Ahh. I think it will be probably found near some cabins where Burmese are living.

Have you got a link , quote about the phone missing

I have a report that states the police are in possesion of her phone

All very sad indeed ... would make a great Mystery/Thriller movie with the right Director behind it !

But in all seriousness, Travel agents aren't going to display signs with warnings about 'Death Island' for the fear of loosing bookings ... Embassies 'could' place a 'soft' warning in their respected travel warnings about Kao Tao, but it would have to be very carefully worded as non of the Embassies would want a conflict with the Thai Govt. ...

And sad as it may seem, from what I understand, from the shear volume of people who visit this Island (Some sick enough to hope they get to see some grisly finds the morning they wake up), by % the amount of murders and suicides are probably not that different to the same proportion of people throughout all of Thailand who take their lives there .... its just that it happens on a relatively small patch of ground compared to the rest of Thailand put together !

As for our friend who tried to protect the Islands name the other day .... he obviously has a cushy job on the Island and doesn't want to loose it ... or his life !

Is it possible that there is in fact a Thai serial killer on the loose there? I know many people suspect mafia links and what not, but surely with many of these deaths being young farang, it could be the M.O of a serial killer? There was 1 serial killer I can recall of in Thailand, and that was the guy who used to get rides from people on the motorway around Phetchaburi / Bangkok and then spike their drink with a sedative. So I do believe it is possible that there is a serial killer on the loose here, and the Thai authorities are doing the worse thing possible when there may be one running about, and that is ignoring it's possibility of being true  

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Koh Tao Cops Investigate ‘Suicide’ Of Belgian Tourist 

B Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

1965494_10154611817255212_91424229695979

A Sept. 29, 2014, photo of Elise Dallemagne. Image: Elise Dallemagne / Facebook

KOH TAO — Surat Thani provincial police said Friday they had ordered officers on Koh Tao island to reopen an investigation into the death of a Belgian tourist previously ruled a suicide.

The move followed news reports that Elise Dallemagne, 30, might have been murdered – contrary to the police’s conclusion back in April. Dallemagne, found dead on April 27, was the latest known foreigner to have died on Koh Tao, an island known for a string of backpackers’ deaths since 2014 that some people found suspicious.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/06/30/koh-tao-cops-investigate-suicide-belgian-tourist/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-06-30

May bee it would be the right time that our foreign Embassies give a travel worning for Koh Tao Island as it seems to me the Authorities are not able to find the serial killer over there.

Edited by Biko

Any new police investigation should be carried out by Bangkok (possibly) officers, as both the police/courts on Koh Tao and in Surat Thani are too close to influential and powerful locals to be independent.

I won't mention the 'corrupt' word, but it has been alleged in the media that the Thai police force can be bought off.

27 minutes ago, British Bulldog said:

All very sad indeed ... would make a great Mystery/Thriller movie with the right Director behind it !

But in all seriousness, Travel agents aren't going to display signs with warnings about 'Death Island' for the fear of loosing bookings ... Embassies 'could' place a 'soft' warning in their respected travel warnings about Kao Tao, but it would have to be very carefully worded as non of the Embassies would want a conflict with the Thai Govt. ...

And sad as it may seem, from what I understand, from the shear volume of people who visit this Island (Some sick enough to hope they get to see some grisly finds the morning they wake up), by % the amount of murders and suicides are probably not that different to the same proportion of people throughout all of Thailand who take their lives there .... its just that it happens on a relatively small patch of ground compared to the rest of Thailand put together !

As for our friend who tried to protect the Islands name the other day .... he obviously has a cushy job on the Island and doesn't want to loose it ... or his life !

Why should foreign counties be wary of a conflict with Thailand, which has zero influence in world affairs? It is Thailand which should be wary of conflict with others who buy its exports. So let countries warn, in bold, of the dangers of holidaying on an island where a Police Colonel is quoted as saying they don't always bother to investigate deaths on the island as people die anyway (I guess they are just too busy and dead people don't carry brown envelopes).

2 minutes ago, Biko said:

May bee it would be the right time that our foreign Embassies give a travel worning for Koh Tao Island as it seems to me the Authorities are not able to find the serial killer over there.

This would be appropriate, however Embassies and governments would need proof of crimes committed against their citizens  - in this tragic case the RTP declared it was a suicide, and other cases have been declared suicide, missing, misadventure, or carried out by five feet tall Burmese (never Thais).

Apart from that, there are hundreds of thousands of backpackers in any one year touring these islands with the mentality of 'it won't happen to me' even if they read the warnings. The 'pub crawl' on Koh Tao attracts hundreds of revellers each time it's held, and drugs are openly available. To my mind, I'm surprised that more suspicious deaths don't occur.

7 minutes ago, Biko said:

The authorities know very well who is behind at least 2 of the deaths on the island. However, the case got hamstringed from above and nobody can now come forward (i.e. uncovering the  coverup(s) implicating those high up would be just as scandalous as the murders). 

This is clear from the Witheridge/Miller case. The official narrative was written early on in the case when it became evident who may have been involved. Subsequently that narrative dictated what evidence was needed to fit the official story (as opposed to real investigations where the story is pieced together based upon evidence gathered). Anyone involved who deviates from the official account does so at their own peril.  

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Offered by who? Easy to talk, but who has a million to give away.

First of all I believe it would be in the interest of the Thailand Tourist Board to get this island cleaned up and until the person/s behind these crimes are caught it will bring increased cause for concern  with regards to the safety of this country . It is building up to an international focus and will be made apparent to potential tourists . That is my belief .

The reward money could come from ( 1 million is small money in terms of the country's reputation , at least 5 million )

1/ the T.A.T. which would put it in good stead and much kudos .

2/ The Thai police , they have been criticised for their actions over the crimes and detection methods on this island so maybe a chance to redeem themselves .

If as is rumoured , those suspected of involvement are from wealthy families , the reward monies and costs could be recovered from them . Of course there is always the possibility that the reward  amount may be outbid by those concerned to effect a non conviction ,  if you get my drift 

....newindianexpress.com  ran an article on 7th june about the 'suspicious' death of a 30 year old woman found hanging, a member of the same sect/cult the mother initially said she has fears were involved with her daughters death.

it seems the mothers words were glossed over once the sensationalising of Koh Tao took precedence!

15 hours ago, davidst01 said:

maybe it was a suicide and maybe your words are exaggerated? 

It's all about probabilities. When statistics of local deaths / for whatever reason / exceed an average - real or perceived -, then people start elaborating conspiracy theories.

But what a destiny to choose a vacation island to put an end to one's days... And it seems many have done so.

Edited by AGLV0121

I feel so sorry for the mum. Even if she does come to KT,she will not be entertained by the police.She will meet rebuff and no answers to her questions. she will be lied to and more or less dismissed. Does she have a lawyer with her, who can speak an understand Thai? This is a case of closing ranks to make it all go away.The person who did this, has probably done it before, and they know, now, that they can get away  with it. They literally have a licence to kill.The money that has changed hands over this, is enough to buy anybodies silence. Even down to the bull shit felang that defended the island.This is a police/mafia run island. the police can go only so far before they cower to their paymasters requirements. They have to be seen to doing something, even if it is running around like the Max Stennet studio police. Is there any news about what the Belgian Embassy stance on this is?

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

AND this well connected person had been in a big time argument with the deceased shortly before their demise, AND refused to give a DNA sample !

would make sense. I think it is not unlikely. And has been mentioned many times.

But I couldn't find any reliable source for this. Do you have one?

Edited by sweatalot

13 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I agree with most of your points. But the unusual factors in these cases is that all the victims have all been young persons, I have not read of any mysterious deaths of over 50s tourists being reported on that island. So it does seem there is something sinister is going on.

thats bc they are all in pataya