"It was murder" says Belgian girl's mother as website claims there has been a Koh Tao cover up in supposed suicide by hanging case

webfact

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AGareth2 said:

people are frightened to talk

so it is said

Well what made you say that because there is nothing in my post that is derogatory , only factual . Having said that I would think it must not be easy for the Thai police to give a high level of policing to all areas especially some of the more remote places and so response times and scene of the crime protection may suffer . To solve this latest crime would be a tall task for any country's  police force and so the option of reward money could be a short cut and cost effective in the long run .  

If she's here to find out the truth I hope she's got deep pockets.... she's going to be here a long long time !!!

It's time something was done about that island, and it must come from the very top man !!!

Single women should always avoid walking the streets alone after dark hours, even my Thai GF would not go alone at night and asks me to drive her home or to the nearest public spot if she wanted to take a taxi.

17 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

Is it possible you could be mistaken, 

I thought the death only became public knowledge recently, so would be very interested if the Belgium press was reporting on it several weeks ago

i believe it was, the girl was cremated within 14 days and the mother left with her ashes, also stating that she believed the cult were involved in her death... its only since the samui times has spun it into a koh tao story that its posted everywhere

2 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

i believe it was, the girl was cremated within 14 days and the mother left with her ashes, also stating that she believed the cult were involved in her death... its only since the samui times has spun it into a koh tao story that its posted everywhere

OK , 

According to the variuos articles Elise's phone. purse, a letter , bottle of whiskey, bottle (could be jerrycan) of benzine have been recovered.

Possibly the belgium press reporting her phone missing several weeks ago

Just been doing some online research myself.

It seems this woman was heavily involved in a cult and according to reports was living with the guru there under an alias of Elise Dubuis. She had the cult symbol tattooed on her arm. Now it seems the guru, a German has done a runner (WHY?).

After the body was discovered it appears the police have just written this case off as another suicide, nice and convenient, case closed.

The obvious first port of call should be those who were living with her in that cult and the so-called guru, who must know something, but it seems no investigations or questioning of persons who knew her have been carried out. Also who or which authority lets this cult operate in Thailand and have their activities been scrutinised by anyone?

As I said; we need to know exactly what this woman was into and with whom? I don`t believe she just decided to visit Koh Tao on her own on the off chance, she must have had connections there, so who and what are they? And what exactly are they into? Lots more to the background then we are being told in the news. There are some weird goings on, on that island that needs to be brought out into the open instead of only being given garbled information, like a jigsaw puzzle with many pieces missing. Otherwise all this becomes a guessing game, which is exactly what it is.

19 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Good points. I would like to know; what exactly are those young people doing when they stay on the island and who with?  Are there some weird practices going on that most of us don`t get to hear or know about?

Could it be that for reasons these tourist visitors are into things they prefer others close to them not to know? Why has the German guy so-called Guru involved with tantric yoga resort where the woman had stayed done a runner? There are obviously those who know what`s going on, including those on the island who must have met the victims before their deaths and others that are trying to keep low profiles and hiding behind the scenes.

Agree! Don't blame only the locals. Many dodgy farangs around too! I would investigate the tantric yoga place she stayed at on Koh Phangan

I seriously believe that these news reports are deliberately being made vague to protect the reputations of some young people who visit that island and being stifled by the head people and big businesses that operate there to cover up the true goings on and activities happening on Koh Tao. I doubt all the facts will ever be divulged, so we`ll never know who is involved, how and why these deaths occurred.

21 hours ago, johnarth said:

man the general is going down his 44 is not working on this, strange? he claims to be number 1 corruption buster

And it is only a claim. He has never gone after corruption. That is his ruse, and some are buying into it. Only the smallest of the small men are getting arrested. He is only going after ants, and tiny beetles. No current official or current army or police officer, of any rank has been arrested to date. Believe his hyperbole at your own risk. It is akin to believing that the war on drugs is Duterte's only reason for murdering thousands, or believing that Hun Sen is a man of the people. Or that Cheeto is going to make America great again. Or like believing in Obama's audacity of hope. Yeah, right. 

On 2017-6-30 at 3:44 PM, Mickmouse1 said:

Of course cover up..of course CORRUPT POLICE FORCE..OF COURSE INEPT INVESTIGATORS Of Course Mafia Island supported by the corrupt cops.

Of course we must publicise it.?

You seem very certain.  On what basis?  Guessing or more substantial 'evidence'.

Is it confirmed they found a gasoline bottle beside her body? If so that would leave only 2 possible scenarios imo. Either she went to Tanote on a motorbike (pretty tricky to drive btw) and not with a pick-up taxi as most of the locals and tourists do, or she had something to do with the fire at the bungalows where she stayed previously. The latter would raise some new questions.

It would be interesting to hear from Mr. Steven Drylie. I feel he has a lot of explaining to do, first he comes out and claims there are no suspicious deaths on Koh Tao (that statement alone is in my opinion a case study for any shrink), secondly he was perfectly in the know about this case as mentioned in the Samui Times, I reiterate:

""According to the girl’s mother the girl’s body was then taken to Surat Thani by the Koh Tao rescue team, however this is denied by Steven Drylie from the Koh Tao rescue team told the Samui Times the girl had died in Koh Phangan, although he did admit she had visited Koh Tao""

Questions for Mr. Drylie: is this statement from the Samui Times completely wrong?  If not, why did you state this girl died in Koh Phangan?  If yes, did you spreak to the Samui Times about this case at all? Are they making this up? And why did you not mention this case in the long lists of farang deaths on Koh Tao?

Somebody who wakes up because of a fire, fleeing the scene to another bungalow on the other side of the island, has her name crossed out in the guestbook and changed by a fake name, and then decides to hang herself, one of the most rare acts of suicide committed by women, is not suspicious? 

If it is indeed true that her name was crossed out in the guest book and/or was replaced by a fake name, could it be somebody did that deliberately to hide traces she was staying there? I don't know what happened, but you Steve, live there, you spoke to the Samui Times, why did you say she died in Koh Phangan? Don't you want to set the record straight?

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

It seems this woman was heavily involved in a cult and according to reports was living with the guru there under an alias of Elise Dubuis. She had the cult symbol tattooed on her arm. Now it seems the guru, a German has done a runner (WHY?).

After the body was discovered it appears the police have just written this case off as another suicide, nice and convenient, case closed.

The obvious first port of call should be those who were living with her in that cult and the so-called guru, who must know something, but it seems no investigations or questioning of persons who knew her have been carried out. Also who or which authority lets this cult operate in Thailand and have their activities been scrutinised by anyone?

As I said; we need to know exactly what this woman was into and with whom? I don`t believe she just decided to visit Koh Tao on her own on the off chance, she must have had connections there, so who and what are they? And what exactly are they into? Lots more to the background then we are being told in the news. There are some weird goings on, on that island that needs to be brought out into the open instead of only being given garbled information, like a jigsaw puzzle with many pieces missing. Otherwise all this becomes a guessing game, which is exactly what it is.

Hard to imagine that the police would call this extremely suspicious death a suicide if it was obviously a murder that could be easily blamed on a guru/cult leader that has gone missing?

Sounds very like deflection to me - bearing in mind the constantly changing reports about everything....

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

finally!!!!

but the samui times along with many posters here are so obsessed with pinning it on  Koh Tao they totally ignore the other odd facts and information....

the mother said she thought the cult were involved 

there was an article from 7 june 2017 in the newindianexpress.com regarding a 'suspicious' death of a 30 year old female devotee of the very same cult...who was found hanging.....(he same article is quoted in the news.com.au....for anyone that would be open to a suggestion or some actual detective work...maybe there is more to it than the KT bogeyman

no matter how much people are convinced its Koh Tao strikes again..dont these things not even deserve looking into...you know...just incase???

51 minutes ago, longtom said:

Is it confirmed they found a gasoline bottle beside her body? If so that would leave only 2 possible scenarios imo. Either she went to Tanote on a motorbike (pretty tricky to drive btw) and not with a pick-up taxi as most of the locals and tourists do, or she had something to do with the fire at the bungalows where she stayed previously. The latter would raise some new questions.

brand new 8m wide cement roads all the way across to to note bay now, part of a 3 year project 

22 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Hard to imagine that the police would call this extremely suspicious death a suicide if it was obviously a murder that could be easily blamed on a guru/cult leader that has gone missing?

Sounds very like deflection to me - bearing in mind the constantly changing reports about everything....

Suspicious? Nah, why? There are no suspicious deaths in Koh Tao.

1) The girl had booked her trip to Chumpon, BKK and was gong home to Belgium.

2) Traveled from Koh Phangan to stay in Koh Tao for a few days.

3) Fire in the middle of the night, by a candle I read? Resort must be evacuated, she needs another place to stay.

4) She takes a taxi? Motorcycle taxi? The driver says he knows a place....hmmm...eh.....

Well, all speculation I know, but to blame it on a guru from India? No! Don't think so. Why was this not in the news? Why it was reported she died in Koh Phangan? This was not another Koh Tao death, no it was Koh Phangan, right Steve? It seems obvious they tried to keep this out of the media for about two months. That is called a cover up! More bad publicity is not what is needed, right? 

I think she was murdered and the suicide case closed scenario is very convenient, so nothing happened, it was Koh Phangan, not Koh Tao.

26 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

brand new 8m wide cement roads all the way across to to note bay now, part of a 3 year project 

Thanks for the update, was there about 5 years ago.:wai:

So would it be normal for her to have a bottle of gasoline with her?

10 minutes ago, longtom said:

Thanks for the update, was there about 5 years ago.:wai:

So would it be normal for her to have a bottle of gasoline with her?

sorry if my comment came across blunt, it was just for information.

with regards to the bottle and contents , Im unaware if thats been confirmed 100%

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

with regards to the bottle and contents , Im unaware if thats been confirmed 100%

No worries, I was glad for the information, forgot that they were building a new road 5 years ago and that it would have been finished in the mean time.

Anyway I just wanted to get nearer the truth about the burning of the bungalows in the other resort she stayed, 'cause this made me believe there was something fishy with this case. This and the fact I just can't get my head around a young woman choosing  hanging as a suicide method. 

3 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

According to the Guru , he left beause he had to do a visa run

Elise didnt actualty stay with him as a partner, but provided accomadation when she was there

He was aware Elise intended to return home to find some money, and return at a later date

He also said she appeared content 

3 minutes ago, longtom said:

No worries, I was glad for the information, forgot that they were building a new road 5 years ago and that it would have been finished in the mean time.

Anyway I just wanted to get nearer the truth about the burning of the bungalows in the other resort she stayed, 'cause this made me believe there was something fishy with this case. This and the fact I just can't get my head around a young woman choosing  hanging as a suicide method. 

i have read in the comments section of the samui times article, that the owner is dutch or belgain and said the fire was  started by an electrical short, 

20 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

BP report on 30th June

Info provided by a member of the rescue team

Just now, frank83628 said:

i have read in the comments section of the samui times article, that the owner is dutch or belgain and said the fire was  started by an electrical short, 

I have read that too but can't really believe that this has no connection to her death, whether it was suicide or murder (I think accident can be excluded in this case).

1 minute ago, longtom said:

I have read that too but can't really believe that this has no connection to her death, whether it was suicide or murder (I think accident can be excluded in this case).

yes, i could agree with that, but it could well be nothing more than a coincidence ... or the maybe contents of the article from the samui times did not have the proper turn of events before publishing.

Archived