"It was murder" says Belgian girl's mother as website claims there has been a Koh Tao cover up in supposed suicide by hanging case

webfact

26 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

German man wanted for questioning in connection with Belgian tourist’s death

elise.jpg

Koh Tao police investigators are looking for a German tourist believed to be a boyfriend of the dead Belgian tourist Elise Dallemagne for interrogation with the hope of finding information to resolve the doubt about the cause of her death.

The officers in charge of the case believe the German is still on Koh Tao island.

Meanwhile, Pol Maj-Gen Chalit Thinthani, deputy commissioner of 8th regional police, on Sunday made an inspection trip to Koh Tao and visited the scene where Dallemagne was found dead on April 27.

The victim was found hanged to a tree, about 300 metres from her lodging in Tanote Bay.  Police believe she committed suicide by hanging herself to a tree and autopsy report from the Forensic Medicine Institute of the Police General Hospital showed she died of suffocation.

But the victim’s family dismissed the suicide theory and suspected that she might be a victim of foul play.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/german-man-wanted-questioning-connection-belgian-tourists-death/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-02

More conflicting accounts.

First it was said she was living with the German cult leader but were only friends, and now it`s progressed into he is her boyfriend. Then I read somewhere he done a runner, now he`s believed to still be on the island.

She was suffocated. So easy to make this appear like a suicide. She could have been strangled or suffocated in the room, then taken and hung from a tree to make this look like a suicide and the room set alight to destroy any evidence of foul play.  I still believe that these young people are into some heavy activities that can become out of control. I would strongly recommend that the people who rent out these rooms and whatever cults, groups or those who organise parties and events there are thoroughly investigated, that I am positive will yield some answers. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I would strongly recommend that the people who rent out these rooms and whatever cults, groups or those who organise parties and events there are thoroughly investigated, that I am positive will yield some answers. 

Agree, but that will never happen!

The amount of money involved is so staggering it is mind-boggling. Parties with drugs freely available, overdoses on alcohol, fights and of course people out of control is what you get. The fact that rape, murder and cover-ups come with the scene should be no surprise to anybody that knows Thailand. Maybe there has already been another death as we speak which will come to surface in a few months from now. Another suicide by somebody jumping of a cliff with their hands tight behind her/his back and multiple self inflicted stab-wounds. 

The day the B2 will walk free is the day I believe something might change. Until then and sadly enough I believe that will never happen either!

1 hour ago, rockingrobin said:

The thai authorities had a 2 month head start yet the D.Mirror have already spoken to him

Yes but the Thai authorities didn't need a scapegoat when this was being kept under wraps. They do now.

5 hours ago, Mitker said:

Thailand proudly succeeds in leading the most read articles of the week on the international news section of "La Libre" website (one of the 2 leading Belgian newspapers in french; and definitely not a tabloid)

But authorities may be disappointed to discover that the topics are:

nr 1: the "suicide" of Elise Dallemagne on Koh Tao and the many former "definitely non-suspicious" deaths cases,

nr 2: the scandal of organized underage sex abuse in Mae Hong Son

Maybe not exactly the coverage TAT is looking for

But, now, not everybody puts tourists dollars as a top priority when looking at serious issues

The carpet approach doesn't reach abroad

most popular of the week.jpg

Thailand also gets very significant coverage on ABC ( Australian Broadcasting, govt media service) with a major story expresses disbelief that the confessed killers of the 'OK' girl have become social media celebrities and mentions the sale of a trinket key-ring chain saw that is now popular. 

I wish more parents of "gap year" students would take a greater interest in where the kids end up. Bangkok is ok for savvy tourists who know what's what but one doubts that it is entirely suitable for 18 year olds on their first solo trip. As for them going to Koh Tao, they should be encouraged to think of alternatives. Easier said than done. 

42 minutes ago, Krenjai said:

Agree, but that will never happen!

The amount of money involved is so staggering it is mind-boggling. Parties with drugs freely available, overdoses on alcohol, fights and of course people out of control is what you get. The fact that rape, murder and cover-ups come with the scene should be no surprise to anybody that knows Thailand. Maybe there has already been another death as we speak which will come to surface in a few months from now. Another suicide by somebody jumping of a cliff with their hands tight behind her/his back and multiple self inflicted stab-wounds. 

The day the B2 will walk free is the day I believe something might change. Until then and sadly enough I believe that will never happen either!

Ditto.

I think we have been led onto the wrong track as regards all the murders deaths on Koh Tao. Now I believe that the headman, his son and business owners may have knowledge about what`s going on there but are not directly involved in the deaths. I am strongly leaning towards that the victims were involved in heavy activities that got out of control. 

Consider the facts so far: all have been white, young people under the age of 50 that are more likely to visit the island for partying, so it`s not rocket science to assume that these people were not just random tourists falling foul of a murderer or murderers or accidents or suicides, otherwise why are not some of the the victims middle aged or elderly. As you rightly say the amount of money involved is staggering and so those running the show don`t want to kill the golden goose and are trying to keep this under wraps at all costs.  The only case so far that could not be explained away other than it being murder is the case of the young British couple. If they release the B2 then that`s admitting the couple were murdered by a person or persons unknown that means these people are still at large and the island has a problem. 

All I can conclude on this is that if young tourists choose to visit Koh Tao, want to party or get involved with heavy activities, then they do so at their own risk, because by now with all the publicity that has been giving worldwide about Koh Tao, they should know the score.

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

The only 'facts' I've ascertained is that

1) where she was living was involved in a fire 

2) her death was originally declared a suicide

3) her death was 'hidden' for two months!

It's number 3 I have a problem with.  Regardless if it happened on KT or not , you always report foreign deaths to the local media.  Unless they were all told to shut up . 

You will find reported deaths in Thai media almost every day. , but not with a 2 months delay. Something fishy going on here, 

24 minutes ago, balo said:

It's number 3 I have a problem with.  Regardless if it happened on KT or not , you always report foreign deaths to the local media.  Unless they were all told to shut up . 

You will find reported deaths in Thai media almost every day. , but not with a 2 months delay. Something fishy going on here, 

Patrick Govaert, consul of the Embassy of Belgium in Bangkok, said in an email Thursday that the embassy was prohibited from confirming whether a tourist named Dallemagne had died in Thailand.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/06/30/koh-tao-cops-investigate-suicide-belgian-tourist/

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Koh Tao police investigators are looking for a German tourist believed to be a boyfriend of the dead Belgian tourist Elise Dallemagne for interrogation with the hope of finding information to resolve the doubt about the cause of her death.

The officers in charge of the case believe the German is still on Koh Tao island.

At least they are not looking to stitch up some Cambodians again.

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

Ditto.

I think we have been led onto the wrong track as regards all the murders deaths on Koh Tao. Now I believe that the headman, his son and business owners may have knowledge about what`s going on there but are not directly involved in the deaths. I am strongly leaning towards that the victims were involved in heavy activities that got out of control. 

Consider the facts so far: all have been white, young people under the age of 50 that are more likely to visit the island for partying, so it`s not rocket science to assume that these people were not just random tourists falling foul of a murderer or murderers or accidents or suicides, otherwise why are not some of the the victims middle aged or elderly. As you rightly say the amount of money involved is staggering and so those running the show don`t want to kill the golden goose and are trying to keep this under wraps at all costs.  The only case so far that could not be explained away other than it being murder is the case of the young British couple. If they release the B2 then that`s admitting the couple were murdered by a person or persons unknown that means these people are still at large and the island has a problem. 

All I can conclude on this is that if young tourists choose to visit Koh Tao, want to party or get involved with heavy activities, then they do so at their own risk, because by now with all the publicity that has been giving worldwide about Koh Tao, they should know the score.

For sure, not all people visiting Koh Tao are heavy party dudes & girls, of course a big portion is but not all. And yes, I also believe that the headman, his son, uncle or cousins or whoever is in on the party have knowlegde about these murders (not all but most). I mean, of course they know, it happens on their turf in their own backyard. I also believe in some cases they might have been directly involvement (IMO David & Hannah). 

Good looking farang chicks on their own are an easy prey, with or without KO drops. Any men that comes to the rescue gets the hell kicked out him and may end up dying. Go there on the pub crawl and you are in the middle of an explosive cocktail. It is dangerous territory, period! 

We will probably never know what happened to this belgium girl, but if I had to put money on it, I would vote for a rape, murder-cover-up scenario not necessary caused by heavy partying. Just wrong place wrong time in a very dangerous place.

13 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

As far as I know there is no hint that this German man has been on Koh Tao at all.

Nor did I find any hint that the victim "fled" from Koh Pangan

I believe you are right, he probably has not even been on Koh Tao, nor did she flee the island Koh Phangan.  But don't forget, no Thai could have done this, it must be a farang, let's target and find a scapegoat!

26 minutes ago, Krenjai said:

For sure, not all people visiting Koh Tao are heavy party dudes & girls, of course a big portion is but not all. And yes, I also believe that the headman, his son, uncle or cousins or whoever is in on the party have knowlegde about these murders (not all but most). I mean, of course they know, it happens on their turf in their own backyard. I also believe in some cases they might have been directly involvement (IMO David & Hannah). 

Good looking farang chicks on their own are an easy prey, with or without KO drops. Any men that comes to the rescue gets the hell kicked out him and may end up dying. Go there on the pub crawl and you are in the middle of an explosive cocktail. It is dangerous territory, period! 

We will probably never know what happened to this belgium girl, but if I had to put money on it, I would vote for a rape, murder-cover-up scenario not necessary caused by heavy partying. Just wrong place wrong time in a very dangerous place.

I agree with most of your points, but I would guess that the majority of these young people are going there for the drink and drugs scene, to get laid and maybe activities that go way and beyond the normal social partying that leaves them vulnerable.

I would hate to even think what terrible fate became of this Belgium girl and probably several others that met their ends on Koh Tao. As you say; we`ll probably never know.  Your guess is as good as mine.

9 hours ago, Alainpm said:

A French dive instructor who formerly worked in Koh Tao for several years told me that 10/15 years ago there were already quite a lot of killings there, unsolved.. 

and 15 years ago i was told there were amphetamines in the sam song buckets...turned out to be untrue also!

there is 1 story that goes around from about 15 years ago, it has something new added each time, usually by the person telling it.

Although a coincidence I noticed there is a resemblance between the Belgium woman and Meredith Kercher who was murdered in Italy a few years ago. Her death was also cloaked in mystery and the real facts behind it were never discovered.

Meredith-Kercher.jpg

1 hour ago, Krenjai said:

I believe you are right, he probably has not even been on Koh Tao, nor did she flee the island Koh Phangan.  But don't forget, no Thai could have done this, it must be a farang, let's target and find a scapegoat!

For the authorities this has to finish as suicide. Any other outcome is a  disaster and leaves the police open to  allegations that they dont investigate tourist deaths and gives credence to other families who have stated as such.

5 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

More conflicting accounts.

First it was said she was living with the German cult leader but were only friends, and now it`s progressed into he is her boyfriend. Then I read somewhere he done a runner, now he`s believed to still be on the island.

She was suffocated. So easy to make this appear like a suicide. She could have been strangled or suffocated in the room, then taken and hung from a tree to make this look like a suicide and the room set alight to destroy any evidence of foul play.  I still believe that these young people are into some heavy activities that can become out of control. I would strongly recommend that the people who rent out these rooms and whatever cults, groups or those who organise parties and events there are thoroughly investigated, that I am positive will yield some answers. 

and what would be the point of all that effort?  its been claimed many times that these guys who control tao are all powerful (to an international level by some ) , so why would they need to bother with all that? 

what heavy activities do you mean? there are no cults on Tao, its a small place and pretty sure a cult of any description would stand out or quickly be heard of.

Just now, Mooner said:

First suicide and now there is international interest they are looking for a German bf.

Seems like ive heard this story from Ko Tao before

are you referring to the russian girl and the dive buddy?? if so the ex boyfriend  1st posted on FB looking for her, it was also him that mentioned the dive buddy (i cannot remember the whole post) before she was actually classed as missing, he also said that most russians don't use FB, hence the reason nobody on Tao knew anyone was missing.

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

are you referring to the russian girl and the dive buddy?? if so the ex boyfriend  1st posted on FB looking for her, it was also him that mentioned the dive buddy (i cannot remember the whole post) before she was actually classed as missing, he also said that most russians don't use FB, hence the reason nobody on Tao knew anyone was missing.

No.i was talking about the Hannah and David case.

No Thai could do this. Then Farang suspect and then Burmese

On 6/30/2017 at 6:45 PM, Sydebolle said:

It's time to invoke Article 44 again and clean up this island completely. Maybe Embassies could put up signs at piers where boats are leaving for Koh Tao warning people of the mystery on "Death Island" - would be clear and true, irrespective of "suicides" or "immigrant murderers".

For sure all the Thais living on the island must be scared to death with all those potential "alien murderers" around .......... 

Some might even find it attractive for the very fact that it's being called "Death Island"... Don't forget that the mother of the idiots is always pregnant!

3 hours ago, frank83628 said:

and what would be the point of all that effort?  its been claimed many times that these guys who control tao are all powerful (to an international level by some ) , so why would they need to bother with all that? 

what heavy activities do you mean? there are no cults on Tao, its a small place and pretty sure a cult of any description would stand out or quickly be heard of.

Old hat. It`s already widely known that the big honchos that run the island are powerful and have many powerful connections.

It has been suggested in the worldwide media that the group the girl was involved with is a cult. Can`t be bothered searching for sources, look it up yourself. When I mention heavy activities I don`t mean weight lifting, so use your imagination and draw your own conclusions.

6 hours ago, Mooner said:

First suicide and now there is international interest they are looking for a German bf.

Seems like ive heard this story from Ko Tao before

This German man, Andreas Raaman, was never mentioned as her boyfriend ! He is rather a yoga teacher / guru. He is not on the run (he just did a "visa run") and he answered to the press about this case : http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/elise-dallemange-thailand-koh-tao-10715790

This Sathya Sai Baba Movement center that the victim attented is not located on Kho Tao, but at Koh Pha Ngan.

By the way, this "sect" / spiritual movement did not seems so "weird", nor involved in any criminal activity :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Organisation 

Evidence sought in Belgian’s death
By Kampanat La-ong
Marisa Chimprabha

cbfa3a61ca6abcaec6ffc3001a397d76.jpeg

KOH TAO: -- POLICE are collecting evidence in the death of a 30-year-old Belgian tourist on the notorious Koh Tao resort island, including information about her mental condition and her experiences with the Sathya Sai Baba sect.

The sect’s guru, Raaman Andreas, told an online tabloid that Elise Dallemange was happy and seemed normal when she left Koh Phangan, where the religious group holds activities.

Meanwhile, the Satya Sai International Organization (Thailand), headquartered in Bangkok, told The Nation it had no links with the sect or the Belgian girl. The organisation said it had nine branches in Thailand, and none in Koh Tao.

The case was reopened following comments by Dalle-mange’s mother Michele van Egten to foreign media that Thai police may have covered up the death of her daughter and that she did not believe police claim her daughter had taken her own life by hanging herself.

Pol Colonel Pumin Pumpanmuang was in the process of collecting information from the Noppawong Police Station officers about reports that Dallemange had tried to kill herself by running in front of a moving train in Noppawong district on April 4, a source said yesterday.

However, the apparent suicide attempt failed after railway police and officials managed to stop her, after which she was sent to have her mental condition checked at Somdet Chaopraya Institute of Psychiatry, according to police.

Police will also seek information from the institute about her condition today.

Dallemange had entered Thailand on a tourist visa many times, with the latest visit in March and she applied for an extension at Don Mueang Airport before her visa expired on March 30, the source said.

Police are seeking to interview Andreas, the spiritual mentor of the Sathya Sai Baba sect in Koh Phangan, after they found that she had come to Thailand to live at a yoga and tantra retreat supervised by the religious sect.

Dallemange talked with her mother via Skype on April 17, telling her that she was returning home. She departed Koh Phangan for Koh Tao, where she reportedly booked a ferry to go to Bangkok via Chumphon province. Her body was found on April 27 hanging from a tree and police concluded the death was a suicide.

Meanwhile, in an exclusive conversation with The Mirror, Andreas said Dallemange had found “peace and solitude” while travelling through New Zealand for six months prior to her stay in Thailand. “She visited us to prepare to go home. She told us she wanted to return to Belgium so she could make some money in order to come back.”

Andreas told the online news portal that her behaviour was “normal” and “happy” on the day she left the sect. 

“She was preparing herself to go home, and I was preparing for my visa run to leave the island, so we hardly interacted in that time.

“But I do know she was actually happy after her Skype call with her parents. Her behaviour was normal and she was definitely not sad.”

In addition, police are seeking witnesses who saw Dallemange’s three suitcases that she allegedly left on a ferry from Koh Phangan to Koh Tao. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30319721

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-03

44 minutes ago, Thechook said:

So just get a thai psychologist to say she was suicidal and case closed.  Why did they cremate the body so fast and without permission of the family?

Very good questions. Maybe the baba cult (or some other grouping) has undue influence on events on Koh Tao?

Archived