"It was murder" says Belgian girl's mother as website claims there has been a Koh Tao cover up in supposed suicide by hanging case

webfact

23 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

According to the Guru , he left beause he had to do a visa run

Elise didnt actualty stay with him as a partner, but provided accomadation when she was there

He was aware Elise intended to return home to find some money, and return at a later date

He also said she appeared content 

where is this posted? do you have the link please.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, longtom said:

Is it confirmed they found a gasoline bottle beside her body? If so that would leave only 2 possible scenarios imo. Either she went to Tanote on a motorbike (pretty tricky to drive btw) and not with a pick-up taxi as most of the locals and tourists do, or she had something to do with the fire at the bungalows where she stayed previously. The latter would raise some new questions.

another not unlikely scenario:
somebody took the body there to discard by burning, using fuel

- which worked out only partially

On 6/30/2017 at 1:28 PM, Tom Cahill said:

Excellent points.  Excellent points I'd've missed without you having so cleverly pointed them out.  Do you think that the fire and missing luggage were things to cover up a crime;  i.e. rape or maybe robbery/theft,  or maybe both?  They do like to burn tires for no reason aside washing being hung up,  so this fire starting where only tourists could have started it sounds a bit far fetched in a tropical climbate where any fire can easily be put out and would be faily well a non-event.

british embassey should put out notices not to go to koh tao there is obviously someone going around doing crime , as the deaths have not stopped .

4 hours ago, frank83628 said:

yes, i could agree with that, but it could well be nothing more than a coincidence ... or the maybe contents of the article from the samui times did not have the proper turn of events before publishing

Seems like there are two similar topics running, perhaps one should close.

The Samui Times is a joke, only thing is they do highlight issues such as this that have apparently been swept under the carpet by the authorities for 2 months.

Anyone have evidence of cremation without family permission? as I'd like to take that up with British Embassy and ask them about it.

I see that the usual Koh Toa apologists are out in force, must mean that the shit really has hit the fan, again .....

Yesterday, in a prominent Bangkok newspaper, it said the DSI (Department of Special Investigation) would be carrying out a new investigation, not the local police. Hopefully, they will liaise with the mother when she arrives.

While there are several 'conflicting' reports in that different aspects that could have led to her death are mentioned, there is no one clear picture. IMO, I regard hanging as a suicide attempt, if that was a factual cause of death, as highly improbable given the gist of other stories surrounding her.

Unless the guru was lying through his teeth - a possibility that should form part of the DSI investigation - her state of mind didn't support a subsequent suicide.  Which leads me to the (most likely) opinion that foul play has occurred and has been covered up by the locals (for whatever reason, including protecting KT 'image' as a safe place for tourists).

10 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Well it sure appears -- based on reports published elsewhere -- that she was running away from something prior to her arrival on Koh Tao.

what reports? links please. sounds interesting!

Thailand proudly succeeds in leading the most read articles of the week on the international news section of "La Libre" website (one of the 2 leading Belgian newspapers in french; and definitely not a tabloid)

But authorities may be disappointed to discover that the topics are:

nr 1: the "suicide" of Elise Dallemagne on Koh Tao and the many former "definitely non-suspicious" deaths cases,

nr 2: the scandal of organized underage sex abuse in Mae Hong Son

Maybe not exactly the coverage TAT is looking for

But, now, not everybody puts tourists dollars as a top priority when looking at serious issues

The carpet approach doesn't reach abroad

most popular of the week.jpg

On 6/30/2017 at 5:46 AM, webfact said:

Koh Tao Cops Investigate ‘Suicide’ Of Belgian Tourist 

B Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

1965494_10154611817255212_91424229695979

A Sept. 29, 2014, photo of Elise Dallemagne. Image: Elise Dallemagne / Facebook

KOH TAO — Surat Thani provincial police said Friday they had ordered officers on Koh Tao island to reopen an investigation into the death of a Belgian tourist previously ruled a suicide.

The move followed news reports that Elise Dallemagne, 30, might have been murdered – contrary to the police’s conclusion back in April. Dallemagne, found dead on April 27, was the latest known foreigner to have died on Koh Tao, an island known for a string of backpackers’ deaths since 2014 that some people found suspicious.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/06/30/koh-tao-cops-investigate-suicide-belgian-tourist/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-06-30

A French dive instructor who formerly worked in Koh Tao for several years told me that 10/15 years ago there were already quite a lot of killings there, unsolved.. 

2 hours ago, Alainpm said:

A French dive instructor who formerly worked in Koh Tao for several years told me that 10/15 years ago there were already quite a lot of killings there, unsolved.. 

Very likely correct. The fact that news travels so much faster these days to every corner of this is planet is the internet,  social media,  smartphones etc. I think we all know that.

10/15 years ago there were no smartphones and Facebook but I am sure there were suspicious killings just like now.

It was just same same back then! 

Just now, Krenjai said:

Very likely correct. The fact that news travels so much faster these days to every corner of this is planet is the internet,  social media,  smartphones etc. I think we all know that.

10/15 years ago there were no smartphones and Facebook but I am also sure there were suspicious killings just like now.

It was just same same back then! 

And yet even so, it took two months before this poor woman's death was revealed to the public :sad:.

1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

BKK Post with heading about German cult leader

Thanks for mentioning this, it does confirm a few more facts and also tallies with my comments in my previous posts.

Again; as I said; it has to be known what these people do on Koh Tao, their activities there, what they are into and with whom. I do appreciate that the families and the media will try to protect the reputations of the tragic victims, but now it`s time for the truths to be brought to light before others become involved and end up the same way. Whatever they`re into it seems they playing a dangerous game with dangerous people. The real facts are out there and have to be exposed.

Just now, cyberfarang said:

Thanks for mentioning this, it does confirm a few more facts and also tallies with my comments in my previous posts.

Again; as I said; it has to be known what these people do on Koh Tao, their activities there, what they are into and with whom. I do appreciate that the families and the media will try to protect the reputations of the tragic victims, but now it`s time for the truths to be brought to light before others become involved and end up the same way. Whatever they`re into it seems they playing a dangerous game with dangerous people. The real facts are out there and have to be exposed.

Perhaps you can provide a few quotes from the BP article?  Or is this not allowed?

I ask as the BP articles I've seen provide as little information/contradictory information (compared to other sources) as any other source.

On 6/30/2017 at 0:46 PM, the guest said:

Don't waste your breath, it's only a foreigner. The only value they have in Thailand, is the money they spend. Everyone knows nothing will come from this, and it will be swept under the carpet. Thailand for Thais !

For Chinese first..Thais second...the is ChinLand after all.

12 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

<snip>

Again; as I said; it has to be known what these people do on Koh Tao, their activities there, what they are into and with whom.<snip>

These people as mentioned in the BP article don't do anything on Koh Tao -- they do it on Koh Phangan 

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

The only 'facts' I've ascertained is that 1) where she was living was involved in a fire 2) her death was originally declared a suicide 3) her death was 'hidden' for two months!

Sorry, I forgot the fourth 'fact' - following the fire, she 'ran' across to the other side of the island.

35 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

And yet even so, it took two months before this poor woman's death was revealed to the public :sad:.

That should tell you how deep the dark powers are entangled and who controls the golden goose.

On 7/1/2017 at 10:47 AM, docshock13 said:

The authorities know very well who is behind at least 2 of the deaths on the island. However, the case got hamstringed from above and nobody can now come forward (i.e. uncovering the  coverup(s) implicating those high up would be just as scandalous as the murders). 

This is clear from the Witheridge/Miller case. The official narrative was written early on in the case when it became evident who may have been involved. Subsequently that narrative dictated what evidence was needed to fit the official story (as opposed to real investigations where the story is pieced together based upon evidence gathered). Anyone involved who deviates from the official account does so at their own peril.  

'the authorities know ver well...'   what is your evidence?

Depressingly, I started wondering a while ago about a hanging suicide found very close to my house.  RIP Lawrence :sad:.

At the time (many years ago), I accepted it as a suicide - but, thinking back, I wonder whether it wasn't suicide at all (for various reasons) :sad:.

Suicide is the easy option for 'authorities'.

In this case, how on earth was this woman's death so quickly declared a suicide - whilst her death was 'hidden' for two months?

German man wanted for questioning in connection with Belgian tourist’s death

elise.jpg

Koh Tao police investigators are looking for a German tourist believed to be a boyfriend of the dead Belgian tourist Elise Dallemagne for interrogation with the hope of finding information to resolve the doubt about the cause of her death.

The officers in charge of the case believe the German is still on Koh Tao island.

Meanwhile, Pol Maj-Gen Chalit Thinthani, deputy commissioner of 8th regional police, on Sunday made an inspection trip to Koh Tao and visited the scene where Dallemagne was found dead on April 27.

The victim was found hanged to a tree, about 300 metres from her lodging in Tanote Bay.  Police believe she committed suicide by hanging herself to a tree and autopsy report from the Forensic Medicine Institute of the Police General Hospital showed she died of suffocation.

But the victim’s family dismissed the suicide theory and suspected that she might be a victim of foul play.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/german-man-wanted-questioning-connection-belgian-tourists-death/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-02

1 minute ago, rooster59 said:

German man wanted for questioning in connection with Belgian tourist’s death

elise.jpg

Koh Tao police investigators are looking for a German tourist believed to be a boyfriend of the dead Belgian tourist Elise Dallemagne for interrogation with the hope of finding information to resolve the doubt about the cause of her death.

The officers in charge of the case believe the German is still on Koh Tao island.

Meanwhile, Pol Maj-Gen Chalit Thinthani, deputy commissioner of 8th regional police, on Sunday made an inspection trip to Koh Tao and visited the scene where Dallemagne was found dead on April 27.

The victim was found hanged to a tree, about 300 metres from her lodging in Tanote Bay.  Police believe she committed suicide by hanging herself to a tree and autopsy report from the Forensic Medicine Institute of the Police General Hospital showed she died of suffocation.

But the victim’s family dismissed the suicide theory and suspected that she might be a victim of foul play.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/german-man-wanted-questioning-connection-belgian-tourists-death/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-02

I bet they are (looking for an unknown German boyfriend), now that the original suicide declaration has only resulted in more bad publicity - once it eventually became known....

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Depressingly, I started wondering a while ago about a hanging suicide found very close to my house.

At the time (many years ago), I accepted it as a suicide - but, thinking back, I wonder whether it wasn't suicide at all (for various reasons) :sad:.

In this case, how on earth was this woman's death so quickly declared a suicide - whilst her death was 'hidden' for two months?

As you have seen the Koh Tao defendants are yet again out in full force on this forum explaining away events as 'normal' and putting up smoke screens getting the attention away from what is really going on at Koh Tao. 

It is really simple, Koh Tao is a party island with drugs, sex, rock&roll and yes sometimes rape & murder. It is called collateral damaged produced by the Golden Goose. This happens everywhere where these ingredients come together.

More deaths will follow, people will still go there with the attitude 'it will not happen to me'. The RTP will declare more future deaths as suicide. It will be business as usual and they are ''good'' in what they do. They even managed to convince the parents of David Miller the real killers were caught. Amazing Thailand!

19 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Depressingly, I started wondering a while ago about a hanging suicide found very close to my house.  RIP Lawrence

At the time (many years ago), I accepted it as a suicide - but, thinking back, I wonder whether it wasn't suicide at all (for various reasons) 

Even more disturbing is the police claim in today's BP that they can ascertain the cause of death once they find the German cult leader.  

Innocent, guilty, or otherwise, he'd better be in another country that doesn't border Thailand, and quick. 

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

Even more disturbing is the police claim in today's BP that they can ascertain the cause of death once they find the German cult leader.  

Innocent, guilty, or otherwise, he'd better be in another country that doesn't border Thailand, and quick. 

The thai authorities had a 2 month head start yet the D.Mirror have already spoken to him

Archived